Hawaii "must do" Excursions

Old May 4th, 2004, 10:31 AM
MJDEEG

Default Hawaii "must do" Excursions

Hi Lisa,
In Kona they are offering:
Kona Highlights
Approximate Duration: 3 Hours 30 Minutes
Valley Waterfall Hiking Adventure
Approximate Duration: 6 Hours
North Kohala & Parker Ranch
Approximate Duration: 4 Hours 30 Minutes
Deep Sea Fishing
Approximate Duration: 5 Hours
Atlantis Submarine
Approximate Duration: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
Historic Kailua Village Walking Tour
Approximate Duration: 1 Hour 15 Minutes
Glassbottom Boat Reef Cruise
Approximate Duration: 50 Minutes
Kohala Coast Helicopter Adventure
Approximate Duration: 3 Hours
Pawai Bay Snorkel Tour
Approximate Duration: 4 Hours 30 Minutes
Raft & Snorkel Adventure
Approximate Duration: 3 Hours 30 Minutes
Historical Nature Cruise
Approximate Duration: 2 Hours
Kona Scuba Tour
Approximate Duration: 5 Hours
Kona Kayak Adventure
Approximate Duration: 4 Hours
Snuba Kona Beach Dive
Approximate Duration: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
Kona Outrigger Canoe
Approximate Duration: 1 Hour
Kona Cloud Forest Botanical Walk
Approximate Duration: 3 Hours 30 Minutes

Happy Cruisin'
Mark
Home Port:
Monmouth County,NJ.
Old May 4th, 2004, 10:33 AM
MJDEEG

Thanks for the info. Gotta start sorting it out!
Happy Cruisin'
Mark
Home Port:
Monmouth County,NJ.
Old May 5th, 2004, 02:49 AM
MJDEEG

Hi Lisa,

I was looking for your response but haven't seen it yet. Hope to see it soon.
Happy Cruisin'
Mark
Home Port:
Monmouth County,NJ.
Old May 5th, 2004, 05:01 AM
Surfer E2468

You may have experience with hundreds of japs,but i had family members
died in the death march,and another friend had his hip blown away on
corrigador,so if you want to call me a racisit pig ,more power to
you,hope none of your family goes through what we did

Old May 5th, 2004, 08:54 AM
RTCReferee

Ah, I see you didn't want to respond to my comment that if you served in the
war you certainly weren't in the most decorated unit.

So....you didn't serve in the military?

Or you didn't serve well?

Well...guess who did? And guess who the most decorated soldiers we

Quoting from the first source handy:

http://www.boisepubliclibrary.org/Re...entcamps.shtml

"Despite forced internment, many Japanese-Americans served bravely in the U.S.
army. An all Japanese-American military unit — the 442nd Regimental Combat
Team — fought in the Italian campaigns, and became the most decorated unit in
the war, winning 18,000 medals. Minidoka had the highest enlistment — and
casualty — rates of any US internment camp: over 1,000 camp residents served
overseas. Seattle recently renamed its US Federal Courthouse building after
William Kenzo Nakamura, a Minidoka resident who joined the 442nd and was killed
by a German sniper in Italy on July 4, 1944.
"

(Surfer E2468), racist pig extraordinaire, uttering a
racial slur—though he claims not to sling mud—oinked:

Old May 5th, 2004, 08:29 PM
Dick Goldhaber

Aside from taking a tour of Auschwitz or Bergen Belsen there is probably no
place on earth that stirs up memories like Pearl Harbor.

We have now been there twice, 1997 and 2003, and both times there seemed to
be almost as many Japanese visitors as American.

When you go to the Arizona Memorial there is always a wait but when you
finally get to the tour it begins with an historical reference film in the
theater and then continues on a Navy launch which takes you to the Memorial.

The film is in English, but headphones are provided for those who do not
speak our language.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

Old May 5th, 2004, 10:21 PM
villa deauville

The National Cemetary, IMO, is also a site that should be visited They
used to have bus tours where visitors were allowed off the bus. Now if
you go by bus it just rides around the cemetary..

SUNNY.........Last time there we took a taxi. After we had visted we
called the taxi company and a taxi was sent for us.

S'nd I
XXX