Anyone here been on the Glory and Mariner?

Old May 6th, 2004, 04:02 AM
dave

Default Anyone here been on the Glory and Mariner?

On Wed, 05 May 2004 09:09:32 -0400, Howie
wrote:

dave wrote:
n Tue, 04 May 2004 16:23:29 -0400, Howie
wrote:

dave wrote:

I rather like carnival myself... RCCL is kind of wretched to the
crew. I worked for them for one contract and quickly switched to
carnival. The whole atmosphere seems better, not only for us crew but
for the passengers also... Hell, on RCCL crew couldn't even mingle
with the passengers, yet with carnival we can all get dressed up and
party with the cones if we want.

Interesting Dave. I was under the impression that RCCL was the better
employer; however, I got this impression from talking with several
entertainers (i.e., dancers, singers, and musicians) that I have met on
various cruises.

Howie

Well I suppose for anyone in the entertainment faction it will be the
same on whichever ship you work. However, the fact does remain that
carnival isn't really as strict as RCCL.

What I was actually told was that RCCL pays its entertainers far better
than the other cruise lines. Carnival crew seem to much prefer life on
Destiny class ships to that on Spirit class ships. What ships have you
been on?

Howie

Well I was on the monarch for rccl and the fantasy and glory for
carnival. Singers and musicians make alot, but dancers make even
more, due to cruise staff pay. Basically they get extra cash every
week for scratch tickets and bingo.