Despite resistance from Leftism Full-Body Scans Now to Be Used forFlights From Amsterdam to U.S.

Old January 2nd, 2010, 08:33 AM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,talk.politics.misc,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe
Dänk 1010011010

Default Despite resistance from Leftism Full-Body Scans Now to Be Usedfor Flights From Amsterdam to U.S.

On Jan 1, 12:41*pm, William Black wrote:
Mxsmanic wrote:
William Black writes:

What parameters do you use?

Deep questioning works well, and doesn't require any parameters.

Too expensive.

Almost two hundred thousand people a day pass through Heathrow.

I passed through Heathrow several months ago, and they ordered me to
remove my baseball cap and send it through the X-ray machine. For
some reason, turbans were not considered a security threat, and I
personally witnessed Sikh men in turbans - as well as Muslim women in
headscarves - pass through without being ordered to remove their head
coverings for inspection.

As for body scanners, you can be certain that exceptions will be made,
for Muslim women in particular. Imagine ordering a Muslim woman in a
burqa to submit to a scan that will show her naked from head to toe.
It's not going to happen, and an exception to the rule is not only
discriminatory, but also defeats the purpose of the security
procedure.

Old January 2nd, 2010, 09:05 AM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,talk.politics.misc,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe
Mxsmanic

Bill Bonde {Colourless green ideas don't sleep furiously) writes:

Depending on whether or not you meet the profile and act within the
profile.

Yes. You can make that distinction with the questioning itself or in other
ways.
Old January 2nd, 2010, 10:29 AM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,talk.politics.misc,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe
tim....

"Bill Bonde {Colourless green ideas don't sleep furiously)"
wrote in message

"tim...." wrote:

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Use profiling instead of body scans. It's more effective in preventing
problems.

rubbish.

As soon as you start profiling "in" certain types of people, the
terrorist
will recruit the people that you profile "out"

This claim, which suggests that the terrorists will soon be
recruiting little old ladies from Cincinnati, seems a little
difficult to believe.

Do you really think that only little old ladies will be profiled out.

Profiling targets 1% of the sample set and leaves out the other 99%.

It will be easy to move into that other 99%

We know that security makes it harder for the
terrorists. If you look at the number of terror attacks in
Afghanistan and in the Middle East and then in the West, it is
obvious that most people willing to die in an attack are not able
to move well in Western society.

Making a comparison with the attacks in Afghanistan is not valid. They are
a different set of people to the international terrorist

tim

Old January 2nd, 2010, 12:05 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,talk.politics.misc,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe
William Black

abelard wrote:
On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 20:44:39 +0000, William Black
wrote:

abelard wrote:
On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 20:19:02 +0000, William Black

That will last exactly as long as it takes to bring one down...
no it won't....
most people ride cars which are vastly more dangerous
than international airlines....

People own their own cars.

Airlines own aircraft, and they cost a very great deal of money.

you live in a media bubble....
plane are not all vastly expensive

After the first one is brought down you won't be able to get insurance
for them.

don't be daft...all that will happen is the premiums will
rise....
doubtless they'll never rise to the price of car insurance per mile

any risk has a market price....

the worst that will happen is the customers will stay away for a
few weeks until they forget.....
or people will use the tunnel or even their madly dangerous cars

Lloyds won't forget.

so what?....the tickets will meet any rise in insurance....
the markets *will* adjust and correct....

you seem to worry so...and in a vacuum of theory
wholly untainted by reality

Go away prat.

--
William Black

"Any number under six"

The answer given by Englishman Richard Peeke when asked by the Duke of
Medina Sidonia how many Spanish sword and buckler men he could beat
single handed with a quarterstaff.
Old January 2nd, 2010, 06:38 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,talk.politics.misc,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe

wrote in message

"tim...." wrote:

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Use profiling instead of body scans. It's more effective in preventing
problems.

rubbish.

As soon as you start profiling "in" certain types of people, the
terrorist
will recruit the people that you profile "out"

This claim, which suggests that the terrorists will soon be
recruiting little old ladies from Cincinnati, seems a little
difficult to believe.

Do you really think that only little old ladies will be profiled out.

Profiling targets 1% of the sample set and leaves out the other 99%.

I think you just made that up.

It will be easy to move into that other 99%

It's not even easy to move into the 1% in the first place.

We know that security makes it harder for the
terrorists. If you look at the number of terror attacks in
Afghanistan and in the Middle East and then in the West, it is
obvious that most people willing to die in an attack are not able
to move well in Western society.

Making a comparison with the attacks in Afghanistan is not valid. They are
a different set of people to the international terrorist

The attackers in Afghanistan and in Iraq and in many other places
have a difficult time moving around in western societies,
especially in the United States.

--
Tiger tells eleven mistresses, "I will leave my wife for you."
Old January 2nd, 2010, 07:52 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,talk.politics.misc,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe

Mxsmanic wrote:

Bill Bonde {Colourless green ideas don't sleep furiously) writes:

Depending on whether or not you meet the profile and act within the
profile.

Yes. You can make that distinction with the questioning itself or in other
ways.

I think I'd ask a Palestinian a few more questions than someone who
was not fitting the usual profile.

--
Tiger tells eleven mistresses, "I will leave my wife for you."
Old January 2nd, 2010, 09:32 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,talk.politics.misc,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe

From: Mitchell Holman

I note that PJ refers to you as "HoleMan". Calling names that he thinks are
cute and that everyone else thinks are silly is his specialty.

It's actually Mitch A. Holman.

Please
killfile him. I already have, and am tired of seeing him resurrected
through the replies of others.

It's interesting that you and Earl and Rennie and others are free
to insult me or PJ or other Conservatives and that's just fine, but
the *slightest* response back is just so offensive to you.

--
Tiger tells eleven mistresses, "I will leave my wife for you."
Old January 3rd, 2010, 10:00 AM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,talk.politics.misc,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe
tim....

wrote in message

"tim...." wrote:

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Use profiling instead of body scans. It's more effective in
preventing
problems.

rubbish.

As soon as you start profiling "in" certain types of people, the
terrorist
will recruit the people that you profile "out"

This claim, which suggests that the terrorists will soon be
recruiting little old ladies from Cincinnati, seems a little
difficult to believe.

Do you really think that only little old ladies will be profiled out.

Profiling targets 1% of the sample set and leaves out the other 99%.

I think you just made that up.

No, that's how it works (OK the number might be near 5% and 95%), but if you
are going to increase the interrogation of the profiled candidates by a
factor of 4, you're going to have to decrease the sample by a factor of 4

tim

Old January 3rd, 2010, 11:27 AM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,talk.politics.misc,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe
Donna Evleth[_1_]

From: "Bill Bonde {Colourless green ideas don't sleep furiously)"

Newsgroups:
alt.activism.death-penalty,talk.politics.misc,uk.politics.misc,aus.po litics,re
c.travel.europe
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 2010 21:32:34 +0000
Subject: Despite resistance from Leftism Full-Body Scans Now to BeUsed

From: Mitchell Holman

I note that PJ refers to you as "HoleMan". Calling names that he thinks are
cute and that everyone else thinks are silly is his specialty.

It's actually Mitch A. Holman.

Please
killfile him. I already have, and am tired of seeing him resurrected
through the replies of others.

It's interesting that you and Earl and Rennie and others are free
to insult me or PJ or other Conservatives and that's just fine, but
the *slightest* response back is just so offensive to you.

I don't believe I insult you, or anyone else, much. I disagree with your
ideas. As to PJ, I have him killfiled. Explain how I insult you, and I
will consider an apology.

Donna Evleth

--
Tiger tells eleven mistresses, "I will leave my wife for you."

Old January 3rd, 2010, 11:43 AM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,talk.politics.misc,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe
PJ O'Donovan[_3_]

From: "Bill Bonde {Colourless green ideas don't sleep furiously)"

Newsgroups:
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 2010 21:32:34 +0000

From: Mitchell Holman

I note that PJ refers to you as "HoleMan". *Calling names that he thinks are
cute and that everyone else thinks are silly is his specialty.

It's actually Mitch A. Holman.

Please
killfile him. *I already have, and am tired of seeing him resurrected
through the replies of others.

It's interesting that you and Earl and Rennie and others are free
to insult me or PJ or other Conservatives and that's just fine, but
the *slightest* response back is just so offensive to you.

I don't believe I insult you, or anyone else, much. *I disagree with your
ideas. *As to PJ, I have him killfiled. *Explain how I insult you, and I
will consider an apology.

Donna Evleth

--
Tiger tells eleven mistresses, "I will leave my wife for you."

ply Reply to author Forward Report spam Rate this
post:

Donna Evleth
More options Dec 29 2009, 6:27 am

From: "Mr Q. Z. Diablo" t
Newsgroups: alt.activism.death-penalty
Date: 28 Dec 2009 22:09:58 GMT
Subject: Radical Leftism and The Death of Moderate Democrats.
On 2009-12-28, PJ O'Donovan unwisely decided to post the
following to Usenet:
On Dec 28, 4:16?pm, Donna Evleth wrote:
Death of Moderate Democrats.
Exactly! ?Moderate repugs have become an endangered species.
The term "moderate repugs" is an oxymoron.
Donna Evleth

Since Leftism loves to "label"

And irony meters everywhere explode in a shower of sparks and a spray of tiny
metallic components.

Indeed. Just who is it that constantly talks about "DemocRATs? Or
Nancy
PEELOUSY?
You. ****ing. Moron.

No argument there.