Anyone here been on the Glory and Mariner?

Old April 20th, 2004, 01:51 AM
BRENTSTELL

Default Anyone here been on the Glory and Mariner?

I have been on both. Both nice cruises. You would have a great time on either
one.
If the prices are the same, I would go with the Mariner of the Seas. If not go
Glory

Brent
Old April 20th, 2004, 01:58 AM
joyce1155

Ok people, I'm looking for a COMPARISON.

Clay

NOTHING compares to the voyager class ships.

Old April 20th, 2004, 10:25 AM
Howie

Badger wrote:

joyce1155 wrote:

I sailed on the explorer in Nov,2002 and this class of ships( incl
mariner)
blows the other ships out of the water. Have sailed RCCl since and
found that
they deliver a consistent product.. food is good to great, service
excellent,
entertainment is good,etc. Go with the mariner you won't be dissapointed.

Ok people, I'm looking for a COMPARISON.

Clay

LOVED the explorer; but I disagree strongly about the food. IMO it was
bad to good, rather than "good to great."

Howie

Old April 20th, 2004, 03:43 PM
DaFlaBear

Sorry Badger, most savvy cruisers won't do Carnival so it's tough to get
someone to compare.
Now if you want to compare Disney and RCCL I can help you.

Old April 20th, 2004, 07:10 PM
Bill C

Oh Pleaseeeeeee!

Bill

Old April 20th, 2004, 10:28 PM
Howie

Subject: Anyone here been on the Glory and Mariner?
From: Howie

LOVED the explorer; but I disagree strongly about the food. IMO it was
bad to good, rather than "good to great."

Howie

Food is very subjective,

Sure is Joyce.

but I have found the food on celebrity,carnival and
RCCL to be about par in the DR. Have cruised RCCL the last 2 times, with a 3rd
one coming up in nov. The only bad dish was the lamb chops my husb got one nite
and the wait staff quickly substituted another entree, and we knew to stay away
from the ranch steak. Outside of those two entrees I have no complaints . I am
not a foodie but my husband is after working in a NYC restaurant for 9 years
followed by 23 years in a NYC firehouse.( now those guys know how to eat)

Not a foodie myself; and I know you are right about firefighters. Those
dude really do know how to both cook and eat.
and
he was quite happy with the food on all of our cruises. We prefer the
outstanding service on RCCL,

I certainly agree with you about service on RCCL.

Howie

which is consistent thru out their whole line. I
am taking 5 other girls ( ages 45 to 49 ) on a 4 niter on the enchantment in
nov and selected the enchantment over the imagination due to enchantments edge
with decor and service. The only negative thing I can say about RCCL's food is
that on a 4 niter they don't serve lobster. ( but its no biggie to me as I
don't eat lobster). I hope the other gals don't miss it. RCCl full meal room
service is a definite plus.. Joyce

Old April 20th, 2004, 10:31 PM
Howie

DaFlaBear wrote:

Sorry Badger, most savvy cruisers won't do Carnival so it's tough to get
someone to compare.

I beg your pardon (not really). Your ignorance (read total lack of
savvy) in this matter is overwhelming.

Howie

Old April 20th, 2004, 10:46 PM
Lunyma

"DaFlaBear" wrote in message
Sorry Badger, most savvy cruisers won't do Carnival so it's tough to get
someone to compare.

Hmmm... Well although I haven't been on the Glory or the Mariner, I HAVE been
on nearly equal numbers of Carnival and Royal Caribbean cruises... Does that
make me... *semi- savvy*?

Old April 20th, 2004, 10:57 PM
Howie

Lunyma wrote:

"DaFlaBear" wrote in message

Sorry Badger, most savvy cruisers won't do Carnival so it's tough to get
someone to compare.

Hmmm... Well although I haven't been on the Glory or the Mariner, I HAVE been
on nearly equal numbers of Carnival and Royal Caribbean cruises... Does that
make me... *semi- savvy*?

Nah! You're probably more of demi-savvy type.

lol

Howie