Denali

Old April 24th, 2004, 04:51 PM
Wanda Lust

Default Denali

Today on Travel Channel at 4 p.m.

Secrets of Denali Nat'l Park

I don't see it being repeated in the immediate future but no doubt it
will be

Old April 26th, 2004, 06:31 AM
Sylvia M.

Default Denali...(flight?)

"Wanda Lust" wrote in message
Today on Travel Channel at 4 p.m.

Secrets of Denali Nat'l Park

I don't see it being repeated in the immediate future but no doubt it
will be

Oh no...I missed it.

I'll be ther first thing in September...
I don't think it's where I'll take my one flight though...could I be wrong?
I know I want to fly over glaciers, and possibly land...
What is the flight over Denalilike?

Sylvia

Old April 26th, 2004, 02:26 PM
D Ball

Sylvia, our flight over Denali was the highlight of our
trip. You will see tundra, glaciers & the great mountain. We
chose a flight tour that landed on a glacier on the
mountain. Another many-time visitor to Alaska who is a
frequent rtc contributor prefers the over-the-top experience
aided by O2. Here's the website of our operator, which will
give you some idea of what to expect. http://www.flyk2.com
Most Denali flight tours depart from Talkeetna, which is a
charming town southeast of the park.

You can do flightsees of glaciers (with landings & even
dogsledding) out of Juneau and Skagway, also.

Out of Ketchikan, you can do flightsees of the Misty Fjords.

Note that no flight tours in Alaska are "guaranteed" due to
weather conditions. The pilots are very cautious.

Have a great trip to Alaska!

I'll be ther first thing in September...
I don't think it's where I'll take my one flight
though...could I be wrong? I know I want to fly over
glaciers, and possibly land... What is the flight over
Denalilike?
Sylvia

Diana Ball
near Houston, TX

next up:
Celeb Millie=96Med=96June 04, followed by a Nile cruise
Old April 30th, 2004, 06:23 AM
Sylvia M

Now I wanna do them all!!
Such a glut of riches ;-)

I have the next 4 months (Till Aug 31st) to drool and decide,
though I do realize I'll have to book well before, like by end of May, I
betcha.

Thanks for the info.

Sylvia

"D Ball" wrote in message
[...]

Celeb Millie-Med-June 04, followed by a Nile cruise

Old May 3rd, 2004, 01:35 PM
JLeary256

Yes I prefer summit flights. For clarification- any flight with a glacier
landing of McKinley is NOT a summit flight- those do not land. Described as
summit "view". I have done both. A great deal will also depend on your flying
experience. There are 2 for 1 coupons in the toursaver coupon booklet.
Old May 5th, 2004, 08:12 AM
Sylvia M

"JLeary256" wrote in message
Yes I prefer summit flights. For clarification- any flight with a glacier
landing of McKinley is NOT a summit flight- those do not land. Described

as
summit "view". I have done both. A great deal will also depend on your

flying
experience. There are 2 for 1 coupons in the toursaver coupon booklet.

Toursaver coupon booklet??
Do tell...

Sylvia

Old May 5th, 2004, 12:54 PM
JLeary256

www.toursaver.com

Be certain to verify all restrictions before you purchase. Some coupons are
only good certain days and there is a variety of expiration dates. There will
be used books available on EBay- if you are not sailing the very begining of
the season.
Old May 5th, 2004, 01:48 PM
sheree

toursaver.com book costs $99 many 2 for 1 deals saving hundreds on flights
etc

--
Sheree

"Sylvia M" wrote in message