Second Impressions of the Queen Mary 2

Old April 25th, 2004, 02:53 AM
Steve in FLL

Default Second Impressions of the Queen Mary 2

I must have missed something.=A0 How did the three of you get the
invite?=A0 And two different days too!
Arlene
=3D-=3D
Arlene,

"CCL" stockholders received an invite for a QM2 visit in NYC, held the
same day as the CCL annual meeting. It was in the Annual Report/proxy
package, which sent out last month. Milt must have 'lost' it. g.

I was starting to ask you about this a few weeks back, while we were
waiting to board the Caribbean Princess for lunch. I had mentioned
touring the QM2 three weeks prior to that day, before she left Port
Everglades for the season, We were distracted and never finished that
topic of discussion..

Until we meet again in December on the Celebrity (whichever it is?).

Steve in FLL

Old April 25th, 2004, 03:00 AM
BTC/TAK on ACK

sailed her for 24 days. will NEVER return. Too many problems.

Did you do the 24-day round-trip Ft L Rio?

I don't have an urge to re-board soon, but I might like to sail on her in a
year or two to see if some problems [and I agree there are lots of them]
have been addressed. I think I'd like to see what she's like on a crossing,
which I think might suit her better

Mila

wrote in message
The main swimming pool on deck 8 cannot be approached from deck 8
because of the Todd English restaurant. You must climb up from 7 or
down from 9.
All very lovely at first glance but having sailed her for 24 days.
will NEVER return. Too many problems.

On 24 Apr 2004 23:52:13 GMT, "BTC/TAK on ACK"
wrote:

There is nothing tacky about this ship. She really is a beauty.

She is... well, mostly. What did you think of the Winter Garden? [I

thought
it approached tacky.] Or the Queen's Room? [I found it just a bit dull]

Did
you get to see G32? [More than a bit "over the top", IMHO.]

On the other hand, how about the Commodore Club? [How elegant is that?]

Or
the Todd English lobby [Well done "near-kitsch" can really be so much

more
fun than "tasteful" can... especially in a "pass-through space... and I
thought the bar, and the restaurant itself, both handsome and

interesting.]
Or the Canyon Ranch stairway to the hair-salon? {Or any of the CY Spa

areas,
for that matter?]. Did you get to see the Queens Grille? [Lovely use of
art-glass pieces, eh?] Did you like the Veuve Clicquot Bar? [I did...

maybe
too often, judging by my bill.] What about the Library? [Maybe I should

have
spent more time there, and less in the attractive Chart Room.] Even the
Illuminations and Royal Court theatres [the kind of spaces that usually
"underwhelm" me on other ships] are very attractive. Unfortunately, it

seems
to me, the Grand Lobby looks a lot better than it works... but, after all

don't work there, so maybe I'm wrong... but sure looks good.

I agree with you; I think it's fair, at the very least, to say "she

really
is a beauty"... not a "flawless beauty", IMO, but, even the flaws aren't

at
all "jarring" [well, except for G32].

Mila

"JoyceR" wrote in message
Don't blame Cunard, that's me referring to her as 'Her Majesty'. She
really is majestic.

There is nothing tacky about this ship. She really is a beauty.

Joyce

Zegarskis wrote:

JoyceR , stated:

I just got back from my second tour and lunch aboard 'Her Majesty'.

I've
changed my mind about sailing aboard this behemoth of the seas.

Hi Joyce,

I thought the ship was named for the original liner Queen Mary. I

did
not
realize that Cunard is referring to the ship as "Her Majesty". I

feel
this is
a bit "tacky".

Just on man's opinion.

Ray

Wishing light winds and smooth seas to all

--
"We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are." - The

Talmud
"People demand the freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of
thought which
they avoid" - Kierkegaard
"Software without support is hardware" - JR/1999

Old April 25th, 2004, 01:37 PM
ArleneL

Steve in FLL wrote:

I must have missed something. How did the three of you get the
invite? And two different days too!
Arlene
=-=
Arlene,

"CCL" stockholders received an invite for a QM2 visit in NYC, held the
same day as the CCL annual meeting. It was in the Annual Report/proxy
package, which sent out last month. Milt must have 'lost' it. g.

Not this time Steve. I stashed it for safe keeping. Not reading it, of
course. VBG

I was starting to ask you about this a few weeks back, while we were
waiting to board the Caribbean Princess for lunch. I had mentioned
touring the QM2 three weeks prior to that day, before she left Port
Everglades for the season, We were distracted and never finished that
topic of discussion..

And then I never saw you again.

Until we meet again in December on the Celebrity (whichever it is?).

January.

Arlene

Old April 25th, 2004, 01:39 PM
ArleneL

JoyceR wrote:

.

I'm sending pictures to Seacruise and they should be posted soon.

When are you coming back to NYC for another visit?

Memorial Day. 2005, that is. And you to Florida?

Arlene

Joyce

ArleneL wrote:

I need at least 2 weeks aboard her to form a complete opinion. I just
need to figure out how to afford and and when to go.

Tsk Tsk......how mundane, my dear.

Old April 25th, 2004, 01:40 PM
ArleneL

Are you every happy Charles? Do you ever smile, just for the fun of it?

Arlene

Charles wrote:

In article , RTCReferee
wrote:

And NOPE, just as I expected...it ain't.

That is because she is posting in html. I don't see it in red. What I
see is long lines of crap like that below that I snipped from Arlenes
post---since I am using a text only newsreader.

!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en"
html

blockquote TYPE=CITE

Html should not used in text newsgroups as many will see it like the
crap above and also it is a waste of bandwith. In addition some news
servers will block such postings.

--
Charles

Old April 25th, 2004, 02:08 PM
JoyceR

No current plans to visit Florida but you never know with my crazy
schedule. I'll let you know if it changes.

Joyce

ArleneL wrote:

.

Old April 25th, 2004, 03:06 PM
Badger

ArleneL wrote:

Are you every happy Charles? Do you ever smile, just for the fun of it?

Arlene

Charles wrote:

In article , RTCReferee
wrote:

And NOPE, just as I expected...it ain't.

That is because she is posting in html. I don't see it in red. What I
see is long lines of crap like that below that I snipped from Arlenes
post---since I am using a text only newsreader.

!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en"
html

blockquote TYPE=CITE

Html should not used in text newsgroups as many will see it like the
crap above and also it is a waste of bandwith. In addition some news
servers will block such postings.

--
Charles

I don't know if Charles is ever happy or not, but I am, you shouldn't
post in HTML anyway.
Clay
Old April 25th, 2004, 03:25 PM
Georgeny

Joyce,

I presume that the wifi capabilities still requires you to be either in or
in close proximity of the internet cafe? So far the ships that I have sailed
with wifi have limited broadcast to cafe area and sometimes the library
area, and do not have wifi accessable in cabins as yet. Do you have any
other information concerning wifi on her?

George in NY

I noticed that there was Web TV in the cabins we visited and inquired
about WiFi. I was told that the ship does have WiFi capabilities which
means I wouldn't have to use the ship's internet cafe area. I found this
room to be crowded and no private carrels. Just long tables with many
PC's. No privacy at all.

Old April 25th, 2004, 03:33 PM
JoyceR

Hi George,

Sorry, that's all the info I got and I wouldn't take it as gospel. It
was given to me by a sales rep for Cunard who was leading our tour. I'd
be happy if the WiFi worked anywhere on board as I found the Internet
cafe to be a crowded room with no privacy.

When my pictures are posted you'll see what I mean.

Joyce

Old April 25th, 2004, 04:03 PM
Ray Goldenberg

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 14:25:01 GMT, "Georgeny"
wrote:

do not have wifi accessable in cabins as yet.

Hi George,

There is no wi-fi in the cabins but there is Internet access with a
keyboard & TV in the cabin.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL