Suggestions

Old May 5th, 2004, 11:53 PM
Mark In Silver Spring

Default Suggestions

Okay Good folk of the Net - here's my situation: I've got a week off
between jobs (May 14-May 23) and I know if I stay home I'll just feel
guilty about not wanting to do all the stuff around the house that I
finally have time to do. I'm thinking a 4-5 day cruise might be nice.

I've never gone on a cruise before. I'd be leaving from the DC area
and probably heading down to Florida. I'll be traveling alone. No
huge need for stuff to do - looking for downtime/reading/IPOD time.
44 male and not into kids or teenagers. The more time "at sea" the
better.

I've got just a couple of days to get this nailed down to get some of
these cool prices I've seen. Just don't want to waste what may be my
only vacation for a little while.

Suggestions?

Many thanks.

Marky
Old May 6th, 2004, 03:58 AM
Steve Kim

Find a good travel agent asap.

Old May 6th, 2004, 12:23 PM
Eileen Garland

Sounds to me like what you want is a balcony cabin (really wonderful for
just relaxing and reading). Note that 4-5 day cruises tend to be, uh,
lively, so I think that balcony might be important to you.
Unfortunately, the shorter cruises also tend to be on older ships where
you pay a big premium for a balcony. If you can do a 7 day cruise, I
think you'd be more likely to find something that will appeal to you.

Alternatively, if Florida isn't a must, you might want to consider the
Voyager from Bayonne on 5/16. You probably won't get hot weather, but
it's a fabulous ship.

Hope this helps. If you tell us what cruises you've got it narrowed
down to, you'll get plenty of advice here!

Eileen

Old May 6th, 2004, 12:40 PM
User 1.nospam

Call Carnival directly and ask about last minute deals. Explain what you
are looking for. A 4 night to Key West and Cozumel may do the trick for
you.

You will need, minimum, a birth certificate and photo ID. A passport is
even handier.

om...