Some Australians now pay $195.00 to jump Australian PublicHospital Emergency Room Queues and then pay fee for medical services out ofpocket

Old June 4th, 2010, 12:57 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe
O'Donovan, PJ, Himself

Default Some Australians now pay $195.00 to jump Australian PublicHospital Emergency Room Queues and then pay fee for medical services out ofpocket

On Jun 3, 9:14*pm, Vampyre wrote:
On Jun 4, 4:59*am, "O'Donovan, PJ, Himself"

Pay $195 to jump queues at casualty
By Sue Dunlevy From: The Daily Telegraph February 25, 2010 1:41am

Patients have become frustrated with lengthy queues at emergency
departments at public hospitals, where waiting times are often over an
hour / The Daily Telegraph

Over 1 hour? Try about 4 hours.
When I've had to go to the ER I use a private hospital. Cost is as
mentioned above (about $180 off memory) and no waiting time. The
alternative public ER is regularly 4+ hours.
The new centres just mean there are more locations for people to do
this. Nothing new, I'm not sure why this is considered a bad thing.

As one who experiences the situation first hand, I'm glad you picked
that up. That "over an hour" stuff sounded like a sugar coat to me
also

Plus I personally certainly don't think this alternative is a bad
thing at all.

It goes to prove once again that a government provided health care
system would not be the panacea that our pimps for it here in the US
are trying to pretend it would be.

On Jun 3, 9:14*pm, Vampyre wrote:
On Jun 4, 4:59*am, "O'Donovan, PJ, Himself"
wrote: Some Australians now pay $195.00 to jump Australian Public Hospital
Emergency Room Queues and then pay fee for medical services out of
pocket

MONEY NEWS STORY PAGE