Shipping to Bishkek

Old March 5th, 2007, 11:33 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Richard Stoddard

Default Shipping to Bishkek

We would like to be able to send some things periodically to the
extended family of in-laws in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan. We would likely be
sending 20-30kg each time. We checked UPS, but that would cost us
$1,000/package. Does anyone know a better (reliable) way to ship?

Thanks.

Old March 6th, 2007, 04:32 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
[email protected]

On Mar 5, 3:33 am, Richard Stoddard wrote:
We would like to be able to send some things periodically to the
extended family of in-laws in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan. We would likely be
sending 20-30kg each time. We checked UPS, but that would cost us
$1,000/package. Does anyone know a better (reliable) way to ship?

Thanks.

Can you ship by US mail? It is called USPS.

They have an express service and an overland service, and a service
that is half-way in between, called SAL (sea - air - land)

sarp

Old March 6th, 2007, 07:36 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Larry at Morro Bay, California

On Mar 6, 4:32 am, " wrote:

Can you ship by US mail? It is called USPS.

They have an express service and an overland service, and a service
that is half-way in between, called SAL (sea - air - land)

Unfortunately, the USPS plans to discontinue all surface mail overseas
service later this year, leaving only Express Mail and Air Mail, but
that still may be cheaper than UPS.

Larry in Berkeley, California

Old March 7th, 2007, 12:24 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Richard Stoddard

On 2007-03-06 14:36:11 -0500, "Larry at Morro Bay, California"
said:

Unfortunately, the USPS plans to discontinue all surface mail overseas
service later this year, leaving only Express Mail and Air Mail, but
that still may be cheaper than UPS.

Thanks for the info - we'll check them out. Anything could be cheaper
than UPS, including flying there and hand-carrying it!