Help: recommend phuket honeymoon beach resort

Old October 9th, 2004, 02:51 PM
Michael

Default Help: recommend phuket honeymoon beach resort

Dear asian travellers

I am after some advice on where to organise my honeymoon.
We have decided on Thailand, and decided Phuket.
The Maldives was a bit over our budget.

Is there any beach resorts you can recommend in Phuket.
Particularly, any villas which are situated on the beach, similar to
the maldives? Is this a big ask?

I don't mind if its not on the main beach area, and even kata or
karoun beach you would recommend.

I appreciate your help - its so exiciting planning the honeymoon

Mike
Old October 10th, 2004, 10:16 AM
Philip Allum

The first question is 'When?' If you are looking at the west coast of
Phuket, the beaches are really only perfect from mid November to April
and almost untenable during the southwest monsoon (just finishing now).

As far as I know, there aren't any resorts with rooms with such close
beach access as those on the Maldives but, if you want individual villa
type accommodation, the Banyan Tree ( a five minute walk or buggy ride
through private gardens to the beach), or, slightly cheaper, The Chedi
(built up a hillside with the most expensive rooms only a few yards from
the beach).

Mytong is a small island southeast of Phuket with just the one resort on
it, rather on the lines of Pankor Laut in Malaysia, or, if all those
stretch your budget too much, what about Ko Lanta? That has a fair
range of beach hotels ranging from basic hut to 5-star. It is much less
developed and much more laid back. It also puts some of the small
islands to the South, Muuk, Kradan, Ngai and so on, within day trip
distance.

Either way, it is worth investing in some form of motorised transport
for a day or two to have a good look round.

In message , Michael
writes

--
Philip Allum

Old October 12th, 2004, 02:38 PM
Michael

Thanks for the information. The Kata Thani resort looks beautiful.
I was looking around and found the Andaman White Beach Resort.
This seems to have villas quite near the beach - although I don't know
how close it is to the beach.
http://www.phuket.com/andamanwhitebeach/

This is located on Nai Thon beach.
I wonder if this is far from the central Pathong.

Thank you again

Mister Max wrote in message .97.136...
Alan Street posted:

In article , Michael
wrote:

? Dear asian travellers
?
? I am after some advice on where to organise my honeymoon.
? We have decided on Thailand, and decided Phuket.
? The Maldives was a bit over our budget.
?
? Is there any beach resorts you can recommend in Phuket.
? Particularly, any villas which are situated on the beach, similar to
? the maldives? Is this a big ask?
?

Kata Beach Resort
http://www.phuket.com/katabeach/

An expensive and dreadful place when we were there in 1977. The only
villa on the beach was the restaurant with overpriced fish: US$48 for a
big garoupa, $20 for a small red snapper. After one night we moved to
Pop Cottage, now Orchidacea Resort, across the street from Kata Thani
Resort. Not on the beach, but we had a room up high, with a great view.

Kata Thani Resort
http://www.phuket.com/katathani/

Better, on an excellent and (then) uncrowded beach. All about 6 stories
high, no villas.

We're going to Phuket in December and will stay at Marina Phuket. It has
beach-front rooms.

- Max

Old October 12th, 2004, 02:38 PM
Michael

Thanks for the information. The Kata Thani resort looks beautiful.
I was looking around and found the Andaman White Beach Resort.
This seems to have villas quite near the beach - although I don't know
how close it is to the beach.
http://www.phuket.com/andamanwhitebeach/

This is located on Nai Thon beach.
I wonder if this is far from the central Pathong.

Thank you again

Mister Max wrote in message .97.136...
Alan Street posted:

In article , Michael