Never in Paris!

Old February 20th, 2005, 01:10 PM
Runge

Certainement mon révérend
j'abandonne ce groupe à Evleth et cie
Excusez moi mon révérend

On 2005-02-20 09:53:19 +0100, "Runge" said:

Some very reliable info could be given if people stopped using the group
as an upscale cocktail party

Very reliable information is given on a regular basis. It's easier to find
if people don't top-post.

G;

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" a écrit dans le
message de news:

Beach Comber wrote:

NEW YORK (Reuters) - The diners arrived at a nice Manhattan

restaurant on a

This is starting to get very frustrating. I keep coming to this group
to read information about travel in Europe. Unfortunately, better than
half of the postings havev absolutely nothing to do with Europe or is a
bunch of partisans trying to say one side of the Atlantic or the other
is no good. It really makes me wish this group was moderated instead
of open posting.

It's only "frustrating" if you feel you must read every post, whether it
interests you or not! If you don't choose to do that, it is certainly
easy enough to do your own "moderating". Simply scroll past all the
subject headings that you find objectionable, avoid posts that are
cross-posted to half a dozen uhnrelated groups, set filters to avoid
individual posters you find offensive, and read (and, if you choose,
reply to) the rest. I think many of us here look upon newsgroups as
on-going conversations among a large circle of acquaintances with
similar interests. As in conversation, the topic may metamorphose, even
though the title remains the same. (Often some of the resulting
tangents are more fun than the original topic.)

If all you want is dry information, there are surely better (and more
reliable) sources than Usenet newsgroups!

--
Encrypted e-mail address. Click to mail me:
http://cerbermail.com/?nKYh3qN4YG

Old February 20th, 2005, 06:35 PM
Earl Evleth

On 20/02/05 9:50, in article ,
"Runge" wrote:

Nvm you're still out of topic and you know it.

You asked the questions!!!

Why don't you create your own newsgroup, rec.evleth.what -I-found-in-the
papers

Because I have so many Google hits, either on the newsgroups or on Google
general, that people, if they were interested can look me up. But they
aren`t. Evleth is a rare name, my wife and myself are nearly "it"

HOWEVER, Runge has 900,000 hits, but I guess that is many Runges.

Which Rung on the Runge ladder are you?

Earl

Old February 20th, 2005, 08:25 PM
Deep Foiled Malls

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 09:51:47 +0100, "Runge"
wrote:

Dear Tom,
I'm not here to provide something interesting for you
If you had questions about european travel, I'm sure I could help a bit
If you want the latest news, no I won't give you that

Are you aware of just how utterly futile it is to ask people to keep
things on topic on usenet? I have NEVER know it to have any effect.
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
Old February 20th, 2005, 10:34 PM
Runge

nvm OOT

Old February 20th, 2005, 11:26 PM
Tom Bellhouse

"Deep Foiled Malls" wrote in
message ...
wrote:

Dear Tom,
I'm not here to provide something interesting for you
If you had questions about european travel, I'm sure I could help a

bit
If you want the latest news, no I won't give you that

Are you aware of just how utterly futile it is to ask people to keep
things on topic on usenet? I have NEVER know it to have any effect.
--

===

You'll notice that most of the junk posted on this newsgroup is
cross-posted from other groups. If that were to stop, the "European
travel content" of this group would be entirely satisfactory. So long
as we get crap from "alt.politics.bush" and such, we'll just have to
learn to read the subject line and be selective.

Old February 21st, 2005, 12:05 AM
BB

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 18:26:12 -0500, Tom Bellhouse wrote:

You'll notice that most of the junk posted on this newsgroup is
cross-posted from other groups. If that were to stop, the "European
travel content" of this group would be entirely satisfactory. So long
as we get crap from "alt.politics.bush" and such, we'll just have to
learn to read the subject line and be selective.

....or filter out crap from "alt.politics" and such.

--
-BB-
To e-mail me, unmunge my address
Old February 21st, 2005, 01:49 AM
Tom Bellhouse

"BB" wrote in message
On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 18:26:12 -0500, Tom Bellhouse wrote:

You'll notice that most of the junk posted on this newsgroup is
cross-posted from other groups. If that were to stop, the "European
travel content" of this group would be entirely satisfactory. So

long
as we get crap from "alt.politics.bush" and such, we'll just have to
learn to read the subject line and be selective.

...or filter out crap from "alt.politics" and such.

Unfortunately, I'd then miss out on the rec.travel.europe posts, and
replies, that are inadvertantly crossposted. My news reader won't do an
"allow X, but not Y" filter.

Old February 21st, 2005, 07:28 AM
Deep Foiled Malls

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 20:49:15 -0500, "Tom Bellhouse"
wrote:

"BB" wrote in message
On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 18:26:12 -0500, Tom Bellhouse wrote:

You'll notice that most of the junk posted on this newsgroup is
cross-posted from other groups. If that were to stop, the "European
travel content" of this group would be entirely satisfactory. So

long
as we get crap from "alt.politics.bush" and such, we'll just have to
learn to read the subject line and be selective.

...or filter out crap from "alt.politics" and such.

Unfortunately, I'd then miss out on the rec.travel.europe posts, and
replies, that are inadvertantly crossposted. My news reader won't do an
"allow X, but not Y" filter.

I suggest you get yourself a copy of Agent. It works much better than
Outlook. You'll never look back!

Other software I recommend replaced MS stuff with:
Firefox - The interface is almost the same, but it has the features
you actually want, like tabs.

Media Player Classic - A very thin version of MS Media Player without
all the crap. It's simple and superb.
--
---
Old February 21st, 2005, 10:02 AM
The Reids

Following up to Earl Evleth

The dinner was started by a group of New York nudists who wanted something a
bit more elegant than the wilderness getaways and beach resorts they
generally frequent.

While I dislike clothing on beaches I have never wanted to eat
dinner nude, especially soup or curry.
--
Mike Reid
Wasdale-Thames path-London-photos "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" -- you can email us@ this site
Old February 21st, 2005, 10:02 AM
The Reids

Following up to Beach Comber

This is starting to get very frustrating.

Why? What I do is read the threads that interest me and not read
the ones that don't. Easy peasy. Sometimes the mildly off topic
is informative, as in this case, clearly some Americans would
appreciate the many Euro naturist beaches.