EVA Air

Old August 21st, 2005, 08:45 AM
aabne

Default EVA Air

Has anyone flown economy class with them recently, what was your
opinion? Do they have PTV's? I don't mean deluxe economy or anything...
I mean the cheapest class.

Also, is the Taiwan airport they use satisfactory for changing planes?
You don't have to go through customs or anything?
Old August 22nd, 2005, 02:49 PM
Miguel Cruz

aabne wrote:
Also, is the Taiwan airport they use satisfactory for changing planes?
You don't have to go through customs or anything?

Taipei airport isn't very exciting but it is "satisfactory" for changing
planes. You just have to go through a security check, like almost anywhere.

miguel

Old August 22nd, 2005, 06:40 PM
Bernhard Mayer

Miguel Cruz wrote:

Taipei airport isn't very exciting but it is "satisfactory" for changing
planes. You just have to go through a security check, like almost anywhere.

The new terminal which EVA uses is much nicer than the old one

Old August 23rd, 2005, 09:56 PM
Blake S

"aabne" wrote in message
u...
Has anyone flown economy class with them recently, what was your opinion?
Do they have PTV's? I don't mean deluxe economy or anything... I mean the
cheapest class.

Also, is the Taiwan airport they use satisfactory for changing planes? You
don't have to go through customs or anything?

Try booking flights which use A330's. Those planes have on-demand video,
games, and other cool stuff. I don't think the 747's have PTV's in economy
yet, at least the 747's that I've flown (however, I usually fly in economy
deluxe or premium laurel class for long hauls).

Most important is that EVA is an exceptionaly run company with a perfect
safety record (no fatalities). Avoid China Airlines due to their poor
safety record.

Old August 24th, 2005, 01:50 AM
aabne

Try booking flights which use A330's. Those planes have on-demand video,
games, and other cool stuff. I don't think the 747's have PTV's in economy
yet, at least the 747's that I've flown (however, I usually fly in economy
deluxe or premium laurel class for long hauls).

Most important is that EVA is an exceptionaly run company with a perfect
safety record (no fatalities). Avoid China Airlines due to their poor
safety record.

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/834138/M/

That's the plane they use for Brisbane to Taiwan, so it seems that it
will have good IFE. I will fly onto Tokyo after that but that's a short
flight so I don't really care about that one.
Old August 24th, 2005, 07:25 PM
Bernhard Mayer

Blake S wrote:

Most important is that EVA is an exceptionaly run company with a perfect
safety record (no fatalities).

They cooperate with Japans's ANA for service and maintenance - that's
probably the reason for EVA's rather good safety record