Mumbai airport

Old February 11th, 2007, 11:26 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Nick Fisher

Default Mumbai airport

Hi,

I have a 4 hour layover at BOM coming up and I'd be grateful for any
tips on how best to spend the time.

We are arriving from LHR at 1050 local, and leaving for MAA at 1520.

I'm guessing a good chunk of the time will be taken up with clearing
Customs, transfers etc., but is there a decent place for lunch
somewhere on the airport ?

Thanks

Nick

Old February 12th, 2007, 11:21 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Sebastian Millies

Am 11 Feb 2007 03:26:27 -0800 schrieb Nick Fisher:

Hi,

I have a 4 hour layover at BOM coming up and I'd be grateful for any
tips on how best to spend the time.

We are arriving from LHR at 1050 local, and leaving for MAA at 1520.

I'm guessing a good chunk of the time will be taken up with clearing
Customs, transfers etc., but is there a decent place for lunch
somewhere on the airport ?

Thanks

Nick

There is a restaurant at the domestic terminal. You could take
the transfer bus, but with only four hours to spare, you might
not be back in time, depending on how long it takes to check in
for your connecting flight.

For some opinions on Mumbai airport, check out
http://www.airlinequality.com/Airports/Airport_forum/bom.htm

-- Sebastian
Old February 12th, 2007, 07:01 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
katyjane

On Feb 11, 11:26 am, "Nick Fisher" wrote:
Hi,

I have a 4 hour layover at BOM coming up and I'd be grateful for any
tips on how best to spend the time.

We are arriving from LHR at 1050 local, and leaving for MAA at 1520.

I'm guessing a good chunk of the time will be taken up with clearing
Customs, transfers etc., but is there a decent place for lunch
somewhere on the airport ?

You do realise that the international and domestic terminals are 10km
apart? It doesn't sound much, but the traffic can be at a complete
standstill so you may have very little time to spare. I've never
noticed what could be called a 'decent' restaurant at any Indian
airport, they're mostly just functional snack bars & the food not that
great (Indians seem to carry their own food on journeys, so maybe
there's not much demand).

Old February 13th, 2007, 02:39 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
GN

On Feb 11, 6:26 am, "Nick Fisher" wrote:
Hi,

I have a 4 hour layover at BOM coming up and I'd be grateful for any
tips on how best to spend the time.

We are arriving from LHR at 1050 local, and leaving for MAA at 1520.

I'm guessing a good chunk of the time will be taken up with clearing
Customs, transfers etc., but is there a decent place for lunch
somewhere on the airport ?

Thanks

Nick

Nick,

I heard the customs clearance is faster nowadays but you can safely
assume around 45 minutes to 1 hour there.

There is will be small shops airport itself for snacks, Since you
mentioned MAA I'm thinking you are going to take a local flight, make
sure if you need to transfer to Domestic Terminal. If you are
transferring to domestic terminal, there are plenty of places outside
the airport.

Use the below link to know more near the airport:

http://www.mumbaiairport.com/php/sho...d=6&linkid=324

Watch your time and choose the optimal destination, Mention mild
spices because the normal spice there will be always hot.

Have Fun!!
http://www.vtrip.info - Travel guide for the destination you wish.