How safe is Jerusalem?

Old March 24th, 2009, 07:16 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Magnus[_2_]

Default How safe is Jerusalem?

On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 13:01:46 +0200, "Markku Grönroos"
wrote:

"Alan S" kirjoitti
viestissä:k72es41oiqdgtbspua6npbtiodd8n105l8@4ax. com...
In planning next year's trip I came across this report
today:
http://www.valparaisotimes.cl/content/view/492/1/
and
http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/am...gentina.crime/

They seem relevant to this thread, regardless of the
country.

As far as violent civil crime against people is concerned, the world has
always divided to two: very violent Americas and Africa and not so violent
Europe and Asia. I don't know any reason for this. Only that it is so.
Naturally this polarization is an utter generalisation.

Especially when you realize that the Middle East is in Asia!

Mort
Old March 24th, 2009, 10:14 PM
kellogg kellogg is offline
Member

Despite what you hear on the news etc, Jerusalem is no more dangerous for tourists than any other big city; obviously there are pickpockets etc and it would be foolish to wander alone through dodgy areas at night-time, but that does not mean that it is a dangerous place! If you are sensible and stay in the main areas, you will not be in any danger.

It's true that there are often police checks, so it may be a good idea to carry your ID with you all the time, but other than that I don't think you would have any more to worry about than in any other major city in the world.

Hope that was helpful; I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time..am very jealous!
Old March 25th, 2009, 10:59 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Alfred Molon[_6_]

In article , Magnus says...

Especially when you realize that the Middle East is in Asia!

Yes, some parts of Asia are dangerous because of wars, civil unrest etc.
but overall Asia is pretty safe. If you asked me what the bad
neighbourhoods in Bangkok, KL, Singapore or Tokyo are, I wouldn't know
what to tell you.
Especially Tokyo seems to be a very safe place. I hear stories that if
you forget your bags somewhere in Tokyo, you'll find them again the next
day in the same spot.
--

Alfred Molon
Old April 6th, 2009, 03:32 PM
rick39 rick39 is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterL View Post
On Mar 19, 4:41*pm, Alfred Molon wrote:
How dangerous is it for tourists to visit Jerusalem at the moment?
--

Alfred Molonhttp://www.molon.de- Photos of Asia, Africa and Europe

It's about this (hands apart about 1 ft) safe, or maybe this (hands
apart about 1.5 ft) safe.
I THINK THIS IS NOT A GOOD TIME TO GO ,,, AS U SEE MANY THINGS ARE HAPPENING AROUND THE WOPRLD SO BE AT HOME AND BE SAFE..
India Hotels