Norwegian Cruise Line

Old July 16th, 2005, 04:09 PM
G&G

We were on the Celebrity Mercury in June. You "foodies" totally grossed us
out.
"Michael Fox" wrote in message
Could you people give me a little insight on Norwegian please. I have been
on Celebrity and RCCL in the past. We are mid 50's and into food.

Old July 16th, 2005, 05:03 PM
RichC

"G&G" wrote in message
We were on the Celebrity Mercury in June. You "foodies" totally grossed

us
out.

Don't most people go on cruises for the food?
We found Norwegian to have decent food, maybe not up to the standards of
either Princess or RCL but still very good value for the money. I doubt if
you'll be disappointed.

Old July 24th, 2005, 01:55 AM
Lee

I'll be so-o-o-o-o-o glad when Aug. 15th rolls around so we can get rid of
this post !!!

Old July 24th, 2005, 01:39 PM
RichC

"Lee" wrote in message
I'll be so-o-o-o-o-o glad when Aug. 15th rolls around so we can get rid

of
this post !!!

Be glad it's dated 2005.

Old July 24th, 2005, 05:55 PM
Warren

RichC wrote:
Don't most people go on cruises for the food?

Not me. I learned that lesson after my first cruise.

I go on a cruise for (in priority order):

1) the ship itself
2) how many sea days, and how many days period (the more, the better on
both counts)
3) the single fare
4) the timing
5) the itinerary

I never book for the food because the quality rarely rises above
"average" level.

Warren

Warren

Old July 25th, 2005, 11:28 AM

If you want to book because of the food, try one of the hotels in
Chicago near Charlie Trotter's or in New York near Alain Ducasse, or in
San Francisco near The Dining Room or Restaurant Gary Danko.

John

Old July 25th, 2005, 05:54 PM
Rosalie B.

"Warren" wrote:
RichC wrote:
Don't most people go on cruises for the food?

I enjoy my food, but I don't obsess over it and I certainly wouldn't
book a cruise just based on the food quality as long as it wasn't
unhealthy. A bout of Salmonella wouldn't be my idea of a nice cruise.

Not me. I learned that lesson after my first cruise.

I go on a cruise for (in priority order):

1) the ship itself
2) how many sea days, and how many days period (the more, the better on
both counts)
3) the single fare
4) the timing
5) the itinerary

I never book for the food because the quality rarely rises above
"average" level.

My priority is:

1) The overall price
2) The ports visited and length of time in each.
3) The convenience of the port of embarkation
4) The dates of the cruise
5) Size of the ship (smaller better)

grandma Rosalie
Old July 25th, 2005, 06:38 PM
RichC

"Rosalie B." wrote in message
5) Size of the ship (smaller better)

grandma Rosalie

A small ship is hard to find these days.

Old July 25th, 2005, 07:17 PM
Rosalie B.

"RichC" wrote:

"Rosalie B." wrote in message
.. .
5) Size of the ship (smaller better)

grandma Rosalie

A small ship is hard to find these days.

I didn't say small, I said smaller. As opposed to huge. Because I
couldn't afford a cruise on a small ship - it seems to be 3 or 4 times
as expensive.

So if I had a choice of two ships with all else being equal, I'd pick
the smaller one, even if (or maybe especially if) it was an older
ship.

grandma Rosalie