Hows this for a deal

Old June 11th, 2010, 06:12 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Susette

Default Hows this for a deal

On Jun 10, 8:22�am, George Leppla wrote:
On 6/9/2010 7:53 PM, Bill wrote:

It seems like NCL is happy to deeply discount Epic, unlike RCL and Oasis
(at least at the start, I have not looked recently).

Bill

It is all supply and demand. �Royal Caribbean is getting top prices for
the Oasis and Allure because people are willing to pay. �NCL's Epic is
getting higher prices than the rest of the fleet, but the demand for
this ship and line aren't anywhere near the level of the Royal Caribbean
ships.

Case in point... We started selling the Oasis two years ago. �Sold
balcony cabins for October 16, 2010 for $1029. �Same cabins right now
are selling for $1739. �You aren't going to see that on the Epic. �It is
a combination of NCL reputation and the Epic isn't the "big" innovation
that the other ships are.

--

George Leppla

Countryside Travelhttp://www.CruiseMaster.com
Facebookhttp://www.facebook.com/CruiseMaster

and I think the Epic is overshadowed by OAsis and Allure. and people
just do not want those small staterooms.
and as you said the product speaks for itself. I wonder how NCL stays
around.

Susette
Cruise Outlets and Travel
800 853 9515
Cruise with the VIKINGS
4Dec10 Valor 5Dec11 Allure of the seas
Old June 12th, 2010, 02:29 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bill[_1_]

On 6/11/2010 1:12 PM, Susette wrote:

and I think the Epic is overshadowed by OAsis and Allure. and people
just do not want those small staterooms.
and as you said the product speaks for itself. I wonder how NCL stays
around.

Some people just like NCL. We have a couple of friends who have been on
NCL and really enjoyed it and either have booked or have plans to book
another cruise. We try to talk them into trying RCI or Celebrity but
they have no interest.

Having sailed NCL America (which I hated mostly because it was extremely
difficult to get dinner reservations, not because of the service that
everyone claimed was bad), it would be very hard to get me to try NCL
again and I can't understand why our friends are repeat customers.

Bill
Old June 12th, 2010, 03:04 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

Bill wrote:

Some people just like NCL. We have a couple of friends who have been
on NCL and really enjoyed it and either have booked or have plans to
book another cruise. We try to talk them into trying RCI or Celebrity
but they have no interest.

Having sailed NCL America (which I hated mostly because it was
extremely difficult to get dinner reservations, not because of the
service that everyone claimed was bad), it would be very hard to get
me to try NCL again and I can't understand why our friends are repeat
customers.

They like the Freestyle Dining and having no dress up evenings. I liked
having no formal evenings but on the whole I did not care for NCL.

--
Charles
Old June 12th, 2010, 03:15 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jack Hamilton[_1_]

On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 21:29:20 -0400, Bill wrote:

On 6/11/2010 1:12 PM, Susette wrote:

and I think the Epic is overshadowed by OAsis and Allure. and people
just do not want those small staterooms.
and as you said the product speaks for itself. I wonder how NCL stays
around.

Some people just like NCL. We have a couple of friends who have been on
NCL and really enjoyed it and either have booked or have plans to book
another cruise. We try to talk them into trying RCI or Celebrity but
they have no interest.

Having sailed NCL America (which I hated mostly because it was extremely
difficult to get dinner reservations, not because of the service that
everyone claimed was bad), it would be very hard to get me to try NCL
again and I can't understand why our friends are repeat customers.

As a general rule, it is both less expensive and less formal than other
major cruise lines. Not necessarily for any particular destination in a
specific time period, but overall I think that's true.

Old June 12th, 2010, 06:32 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
D Ball[_2_]

Having sailed NCL America (which I hated mostly because it was extremely
difficult to get dinner reservations, not because of the service that
everyone claimed was bad), it would be very hard to get me to try NCL
again and I can't understand why our friends are repeat customers.

Bill

Bill, I agree with you completely when you say "it would be very hard
to get me to try NCL again." We sailed NCL pre-Freestyle and loved it.
The next NCL cruise was Freestyle, and I hated it, because dining was
a hassle. I don't want to spend an unreasonable amount of my vacation
time on the phone or standing in a queue simply to get my evening
meal! That was our experience. As you know, I tend to wear very rose-
colored glasses, yet if someone offered me a free NCL cruise, I would
have to think long and hard about it.

Diana Ball
Austin, TX
Old June 12th, 2010, 04:59 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
frijoli[_5_]

D Ball wrote:
[...]

Diana, while not a fan of Freestyle, I wouldn't have to
think very long at all about a free cruise. In fact I would
think longer about arrangements to get to port than I would
to make the decision about the cruise!

Clay

Old June 13th, 2010, 03:55 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rosalie B.

Charles wrote:

Bill wrote:

Some people just like NCL. We have a couple of friends who have been
on NCL and really enjoyed it and either have booked or have plans to
book another cruise. We try to talk them into trying RCI or Celebrity
but they have no interest.

Having sailed NCL America (which I hated mostly because it was
extremely difficult to get dinner reservations, not because of the
service that everyone claimed was bad), it would be very hard to get
me to try NCL again and I can't understand why our friends are repeat
customers.

They like the Freestyle Dining and having no dress up evenings. I liked
having no formal evenings but on the whole I did not care for NCL.

I would not say that NCL and NCL America were the same.

I like NCL but I like HAL and I think Celebrity is OK (we had really
good waiters). I didn't like Royal Caribbean at all, but we are
trying it again this coming winter.

Personally, while various ships of a cruise line have things in
common, the difference is really in the individual staff and that is
somewhat variable. As you might expect if you thought about it. It's
like schools - schools have a reputation overall for certain things,
but in a school some teachers are good, some are very good and some
not so good.
Old June 13th, 2010, 04:38 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

Rosalie B. wrote:

I would not say that NCL and NCL America were the same.

I like NCL but I like HAL and I think Celebrity is OK (we had really
good waiters). I didn't like Royal Caribbean at all, but we are
trying it again this coming winter.

Personally, while various ships of a cruise line have things in
common, the difference is really in the individual staff and that is
somewhat variable. As you might expect if you thought about it. It's
like schools - schools have a reputation overall for certain things,
but in a school some teachers are good, some are very good and some

not so good.

Celebrity is my current favorite. I don't like NCL much. Royal Caribbean
is good for groups. Princess is okay and has dropped in my opinion .
HAL is good. As a matter of fact I am on a train now to New York to
board the Veendam to Bermuda. About 15 minutes out from New York.

--
Charles
Old June 13th, 2010, 05:36 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Island Grampa

"Charles" wrote in message
Rosalie B. wrote:

[...]

"BON VOYAGE!"

Have a GREAT trip to Bermuda, Charles. We haven't sailed on the Veendam
yet. I hope it lives up to your expectations.

We're doing a 2 week, Alaska on the Amsterdam on June 28 and then, likely
about 2 weeks in Reno before we come home.

Tobieon an Island in the Pacific

Old June 15th, 2010, 01:37 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bill[_1_]

On 6/13/2010 10:55 AM, Rosalie B. wrote:

I would not say that NCL and NCL America were the same.

The thing I remember most about my NCL America cruise (other than their
losing my OBC and never managing to get it straightened out despite
several days of my TA communicating with the corporate office while I
was on the ship), was showing up at 5pm to get a dinner reservation for
the following day, only to find out that they were already booked for
all of the good times. We then discovered that we actually needed to
show up at 7:30am or so the previous day for reservations, even though
the ship's newsletter claimed otherwise, and then finding a line of 20+
people waiting for the same thing. Oh ,and they never picked up the
reservations number. I have heard that reservations are not as much of a
hassle on other NCL ships but to be honest, I'm not real interested in
finding out.

Bill