Cruises stacked

Old May 2nd, 2010, 04:35 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

Default Cruises stacked

I have so many cruises stacked right now I am having problems keeping
track of the travel arrangements---flights, hotels, insurance,
excursions, online check ins.

Friday I booked the HAL Veendam to Bermuda in June. I am cruising in
Alaska on the HAL Volendam in August. Then there is the MOAGC on Oasis
of the Seas in October and the Vikings cruise on Carnival Valor in
December. And tomorrow I will be calling Susette to book the Vikings
December 2011 cruise on Allure of the Seas. That will be five cruises
to look forward to at one time. I have never done that before.

I am sure though that some of you have me beat and have more stacked
than I do!

--
Charles
Old May 2nd, 2010, 05:14 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Charles wrote:
I have so many cruises stacked right now I am having problems keeping
track of the travel arrangements---flights, hotels, insurance,
excursions, online check ins.

Friday I booked the HAL Veendam to Bermuda in June. I am cruising in
Alaska on the HAL Volendam in August. Then there is the MOAGC on Oasis
of the Seas in October and the Vikings cruise on Carnival Valor in
December. And tomorrow I will be calling Susette to book the Vikings
December 2011 cruise on Allure of the Seas. That will be five cruises
to look forward to at one time. I have never done that before.

What a horrible problem you have!! If you will let me sneak into your
suitcase, I will gladly manage everything for you(VBG)!!

We are also booked on the MOAGC, on the Oasis and that will probably be
our only cruise until 2012.

sue
Old May 2nd, 2010, 05:48 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle[_3_]

"Charles" wrote in message
d...
I have so many cruises stacked right now I am having problems keeping
track of the travel arrangements---flights, hotels, insurance,
excursions, online check ins.

Friday I booked the HAL Veendam to Bermuda in June. I am cruising in
Alaska on the HAL Volendam in August. Then there is the MOAGC on Oasis
of the Seas in October and the Vikings cruise on Carnival Valor in
December. And tomorrow I will be calling Susette to book the Vikings
December 2011 cruise on Allure of the Seas. That will be five cruises
to look forward to at one time. I have never done that before.

I am sure though that some of you have me beat and have more stacked
than I do!
Charles

Sheesh, Charles! You better be careful or you'll have Tom saying things
about you and HAL that I hear from him whenever I mention going on HAL...
Good for you! How in the world did you manage to get all that time off from
work?
Since we have already taken three cruises this year, we just have the NCL
Gem Mediterranean cruise in September and the Oasis in October...still
mulling over the idea of the Vikings Carnival Valor in December...we are
going on a " land cruise" to Las Vegas next week for four days, though.;-)
That is great...I'm happy for you!

--Jean

Old May 2nd, 2010, 06:13 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Jean O'Boyle
wrote:

Sheesh, Charles! You better be careful or you'll have Tom saying things
about you and HAL that I hear from him whenever I mention going on HAL...
Good for you! How in the world did you manage to get all that time off from
work?

I have five weeks vacation now every year and I can't save it. Use it
or lose it. As far as booking HAL, the only reason is that their
Bermuda itinerary does St. George and Hamilton and has almost an extra
day in Bermuda. At first I was going to do the Celebrity Summit until I
saw that besides the docking at Kings Wharf it had an extra day at sea
getting to Bermuda. I would rather be at Bermuda even though the one
day at St. George is tendering than an extra sea day in the Atlantic
sailing to Bermuda. The pricing was about the same.

Since we have already taken three cruises this year, we just have the NCL
Gem Mediterranean cruise in September and the Oasis in October...still
mulling over the idea of the Vikings Carnival Valor in December...we are
going on a " land cruise" to Las Vegas next week for four days, though.;-)
That is great...I'm happy for you!

Hope you decide to do the Valor with us.

--
Charles
Old May 3rd, 2010, 12:12 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Borked Psuedo Mailed

Charles wrote:
I have so many cruises stacked right now I am having problems keeping
track of the travel arrangements---flights, hotels, insurance,
excursions, online check ins.

Friday I booked the HAL Veendam to Bermuda in June. I am cruising in
Alaska on the HAL Volendam in August. Then there is the MOAGC on Oasis
of the Seas in October and the Vikings cruise on Carnival Valor in
December. And tomorrow I will be calling Susette to book the Vikings
December 2011 cruise on Allure of the Seas. That will be five cruises
to look forward to at one time. I have never done that before.

I am sure though that some of you have me beat and have more stacked
than I do!

No.

But I'm sure impressed by your ostentatious announcement.
What a putz.
Old May 3rd, 2010, 01:39 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle[_3_]

"Charles" wrote in message
d...
In article , Jean O'Boyle
wrote:

[...]

I would really like to...we have not been on Carnival since 2006 and would
like to see what changes have been made. The problem is that it is so close
to Christmas and it's such a busy time at our house!
I see Carnival stock is doing quite well.

--Jean

Old May 3rd, 2010, 01:53 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Jean O'Boyle
wrote:

I would really like to...we have not been on Carnival since 2006 and would
like to see what changes have been made. The problem is that it is so close
to Christmas and it's such a busy time at our house!
I see Carnival stock is doing quite well.

It is close but still with some time between the cruise and Christmas.
There will still be two weeks before Christmas after the ship gets
back. The cruise lines do a nice job of decorating the ships for the
holidays. And cruises that week are dirt cheap because of the date. I
would not be going on so many cruises this year if it were not a
bargain like that one.

--
Charles
Old May 3rd, 2010, 04:57 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On Sun, 02 May 2010 11:35:55 -0400, Charles
wrote:

I have so many cruises stacked right now I am having problems keeping
track of the travel arrangements---flights, hotels, insurance,
excursions, online check ins.

Friday I booked the HAL Veendam to Bermuda in June. I am cruising in
Alaska on the HAL Volendam in August. Then there is the MOAGC on Oasis
of the Seas in October and the Vikings cruise on Carnival Valor in
December. And tomorrow I will be calling Susette to book the Vikings
December 2011 cruise on Allure of the Seas. That will be five cruises
to look forward to at one time. I have never done that before.

I am sure though that some of you have me beat and have more stacked
than I do!

I don't think I've ever had more than three booked at a time, but they
are almost always for more than a week. The closest I come to five
though has been fall 2007, repositioning cruise on Grandeur of the
Seas, a week later a back to back (a 7 day and a 5 day) on NCL Pearl
over Christmas and a Med cruise at Easter in 2008.

Right now I have three booked - one in June on NCL America, and back
to back on RCI from Baltimore in January 2011.

From the perspective of travel arrangements, these were mostly no
problem as there is only one of each set where I have to make flight
reservations.
Old May 3rd, 2010, 05:11 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article ,
wrote:

From the perspective of travel arrangements, these were mostly no
problem as there is only one of each set where I have to make flight
reservations.

I only have one where I don't have flights and hotel. That was one
reason why I booked the next one to Bermuda. That one won't require
flights of a hotel. I am putting all the info in an app on my iPhone
and Tripit so that will help manage it.

--
Charles
Old May 3rd, 2010, 05:45 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
D Ball

On 5/3/2010 11:11 AM, Charles wrote:

I only have one where I don't have flights and hotel. That was one
reason why I booked the next one to Bermuda. That one won't require
flights of a hotel. I am putting all the info in an app on my iPhone
and Tripit so that will help manage it.

Charles,

I was just going to suggest Tripit. I actually haven't tried it, but
have long been interested and wanted to hear some personal feedback. Let
us know what you think.

Congrats on your lineup! Sounds like a lot of fun cruises in your stack
to look forward to.

Drats, we need to coordinate these things better. We are actually toying
with the Summit to Bermuda in June. I want to get in the last cruise or
two we need to get to the loyalty program level = 11+ cruises on RCI.

--
Diana Ball
Austin, TX