Ngoro-ngoro one of the worst

Old August 27th, 2005, 06:21 PM
Liz

Besides, if I recall correct you run a lodge in South Africa. I was
extremely surprised by the tone of your postings. If you run a business,
you should have at least some basic knowledge of marketing and behaviour
towards (prospective) customers. People reading your postings will not
really be inclined to book your lodge, if they think that is the kind of
tone you use towards others.

It's a tone used by several people in the SA tourist industry - though
more often in emails, admittedly - and I, for one, am glad we get to
know of their attitude *before* we book.

"They've heard of clients, but want no truck with them."
(adapted from Douglas Adams)

Remember: Google is our Friend.
:-P

Slainte

Liz
--
Virtual Liz: http://www.v-liz.com
Kenya; Tanzania; Namibia; India; Seychelles; Galapagos
Old August 28th, 2005, 07:55 AM
Corné

"Hans Martens" schreef in bericht
. nl...
Please write english in this newsgroup. using other languages is not
being very nice to other people who don't speak that other language.

Besides, if I recall correct you run a lodge in South Africa. I was
extremely surprised by the tone of your postings. If you run a business,
you should have at least some basic knowledge of marketing and behaviour
towards (prospective) customers. People reading your postings will not
really be inclined to book your lodge, if they think that is the kind of
tone you use towards others.

Well, we are all humans once and a while, aren't we? And if Gerald wants to
write nonsense, I will give him some response.
By the way, the lodge is running fine!

Keep well.

Corné.

www.amukela.com

Old August 28th, 2005, 08:00 AM
Corné

It's a tone used by several people in the SA tourist industry - though
more often in emails, admittedly - and I, for one, am glad we get to
know of their attitude *before* we book.

Haha.... so now my e-mail correspondence with Gerald is according to you
represantive for the SA tourist industry? Hmm.... that's quit generalizing,
not so nice Liz!

Keep well, and just individuals by themselves. I mean, we had American
guests and I also don't compare them with mr. G. Bush?

Corné.

www.amukela.com

Old August 28th, 2005, 09:39 AM
Liz

In message
"Corné" wrote:

It's a tone used by several people in the SA tourist industry - though
more often in emails, admittedly - and I, for one, am glad we get to
know of their attitude *before* we book.

Haha.... so now my e-mail correspondence with Gerald is according to you
represantive for the SA tourist industry? Hmm.... that's quit generalizing,
not so nice Liz!

I have absolutely no details of your e-mail correspondence with
Gerald. That's presumably private between you and him.
However, your tone on this n/g leaves a lot to be desired in someone
who apparently has a service to offer..

I was writing about my own experiences, in the plural, with different
companies. Neither them, nor your conduct on this newsgroup, give a
good impression of the 'service' offered by certain SA companies.

Among my friends/acquaintances/colleagues who have travelled in SA,
their experiences have either been very good or appalling, about
50-50: the actual service in lodges/camps/hotels (even some relatively
expensive ones) being the differentiating factor. By contrast, I
haven't heard of instances of bad service in the tourist lodges and
camps in Kenya or Tz, though I'm sure there must be some. Also good
reports from me and people I know who've been to Namibia.

In SA it's definitely a case of caveat emptor.

But, as I said, it's better to know *before* making a booking.
Or rather, to prevent making a booking.
Just remember, you and your stroppy colleagues are seen as
representing your country's tourism industry, whether you like it or
not.

Slainte

Liz

Old August 28th, 2005, 10:31 AM
Corné

Haha.... so now my e-mail correspondence with Gerald is according to you
represantive for the SA tourist industry? Hmm.... that's quit

generalizing,
not so nice Liz!

I have absolutely no details of your e-mail correspondence with
Gerald.

There was no e-mail correspondence with him privately, but only in this NG.

I was writing about my own experiences, in the plural, with different
companies. Neither them, nor your conduct on this newsgroup, give a
good impression of the 'service' offered by certain SA companies.

Well.... I've read several NG with postings from Indians, American's,
British, German's etc. etc. and you can always find something.... like when
I was in Canada and Alaska. Canadians made a very good impression on me, I
cannot say that from the American's. But that doesn't count for all of them.

Among my friends/acquaintances/colleagues who have travelled in SA,
their experiences have either been very good or appalling, about
50-50: the actual service in lodges/camps/hotels (even some relatively
expensive ones) being the differentiating factor. By contrast, I
haven't heard of instances of bad service in the tourist lodges and
camps in Kenya or Tz, though I'm sure there must be some. Also good
reports from me and people I know who've been to Namibia.

The experiences my friends/acquaintances/colleagues have in Botswana are
that the people there are very unfriendly, even a touroperator (located in
Maun) has that experience. Kenia seems to be worse, although locals in
Zimbabwe and Namibia seemed very friendly.

In SA it's definitely a case of caveat emptor.

Judging others.... not so nice Liz. It is not all that simple.

But, as I said, it's better to know *before* making a booking.
Or rather, to prevent making a booking.
Just remember, you and your stroppy colleagues are seen as
representing your country's tourism industry, whether you like it or
not.

.....you and your stroppy colleagues..... Look, I was making a point in
this NG against Gerald. What you are doing here seems to come out of
frustration?
Remember, I am not a South Africa, in case you didn't know.....

Anyway, thanks for your contributing comments. We all know where you stand
know. If you wish to make bookings I can refer you to some very
cheap/nice/friendly/caretaking lodges.

Have a good life!

Corné.

www.amukela.com

Old August 28th, 2005, 11:22 AM
Liz

In message
"Corné" wrote:

There was no e-mail correspondence with him privately, but only in this NG.

This group *isn't* email.
Maybe you should check out the difference!

I'm not wasting any more time and other people's bandwidth on this
vacuous dialogue.

Slainte

Liz

Old August 28th, 2005, 11:30 AM
Corné

"Liz" schreef in bericht
In message
"Corné" wrote:

There was no e-mail correspondence with him privately, but only in this

NG.

This group *isn't* email.

Well, call it what you want.

Maybe you should check out the difference!

Maybe.

I'm not wasting any more time and other people's bandwidth on this
vacuous dialogue.

Well, first you pretend to be the one who can damage people, and as soon as
it gets a litle bit deeper then your shallow comments you stop.... At least
we have seen who you are, and where you stand.

Keep well. Live your dreams.

Corné.

www.amukela.com

Slainte

Liz

--
Virtual Liz: http://www.v-lizz.com

Old August 28th, 2005, 04:33 PM
Hans Martens

Corné schreef:
Well, first you pretend to be the one who can damage people, and as soon as
it gets a litle bit deeper then your shallow comments you stop.... At least
we have seen who you are, and where you stand.

Again, if you are in the service/tourism industry and this is the way
you react to people......? You have a lot to learn!

Well, let's hope many people visit this newgroup before making bookings.

Regards,
Hans

==================================
Hans Martens

Wildlife & Nature Photography
http://www.wildpicture.com
==================================

Old August 28th, 2005, 04:36 PM
Corné

Again, if you are in the service/tourism industry and this is the way
you react to people......? You have a lot to learn!

Again, we are all humans, and ever action causes a reaction. I don't react
to all people.

Well, let's hope many people visit this newgroup before making bookings.

Let's hope so! For more info: www.amukela.com

Old August 29th, 2005, 12:56 PM
Gerald Gerald is offline
Member

Location: Belgium

Hi Liz,

Sorry you, as a great contributor, got involved with this.

It's not the first time he has spoilt this NG.
Check this out.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.t...04fcc78826656b

The final part says it all.

Gerald