Sue Alitalia for my lost bags?

Old April 17th, 2009, 09:55 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
traveler

Default Sue Alitalia for my lost bags?

On Apr 16, 6:55*pm, wrote:
Hi guys,
Alitalia lost one of my bags four months ago while traveling from
Boston to Cairo. I filed a claim when it was lost.
I have been trying to contact them for the last four months but they
never answer their phones. The only response I got back was by email
saying that they will settle my claim after 100 days from the day my
bag was lost.
Now it's 120 days, and I received nothing. The bag is worth more than
1000 dollars.
Also I have travel insurance but they are refusing to give me anything
until Alitalia settles the claim.

I decided to go to the small claim court in Boston, but I need to list
the defendant's name, what should I write?

Thanks

Try checking with the State of Mass to see if they have a "process
agent" on file for them. If that doesn't work than check with the
airport authority to see who legally represents them at Logan. Also
who sold you the ticket? If they're local than you might be able to
sue them. And don't expect to receive full compensation. The
airlines liability for lost luggage is set by treaty and is calculated
in some cases by weight rather than value. Also, airline tariffs
allow them to exclude many article.
Old April 17th, 2009, 11:34 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
wkhedr

On Apr 17, 11:20*am, PeterL wrote:
On Apr 16, 3:55*pm, wrote:

Hi guys,
Alitalia lost one of my bags four months ago while traveling from
Boston to Cairo. I filed a claim when it was lost.
I have been trying to contact them for the last four months but they
never answer their phones. The only response I got back was by email
saying that they will settle my claim after 100 days from the day my
bag was lost.
Now it's 120 days, and I received nothing. The bag is worth more than
1000 dollars.
Also I have travel insurance but they are refusing to give me anything
until Alitalia settles the claim.

I decided to go to the small claim court in Boston, but I need to list
the defendant's name, what should I write?

Thanks

Try one of those consumer problem solvers. *Maybe your newspaper has
one. *Check one of those travel magazines.

BTW you are not going to get anywhere near $1,000 for one loss bag.
What kind of bag is it and why is it that expensive? *Maybe that's why
it go stolen. *Check your ticket to see the limits they put on loss
bags.- Hide quoted text -

I published an article in the consumers affairs. And filed many
complaints.
The bag had a lot of new clothing for my kids, gifts for the family in
Cairo and our camcorder.
Everything was brand new except the camcorder was like two years old
but rarely used.

I bought travel insurance before the trip but they are refusing to pay
anything until the airlines give me any kind of settlement.

They lost our bag, and they have insurance that covers their a??es,
why are they pushing me to drop my rights?!
Old April 17th, 2009, 11:35 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
wkhedr

On Apr 17, 4:55*pm, traveler wrote:
On Apr 16, 6:55*pm, wrote:

[...]

allow them to exclude many article.- Hide quoted text -

Can you explain what you mean by "process agent"?

Alitalia has an office in Logan airport.
Old April 18th, 2009, 08:24 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
traveler

On Apr 16, 6:55*pm, wrote:

[...]

Alitalia has an office in Logan airport.- Hide quoted text -

Out of State corporations are usually required to register with the
State before conducting business. They have to name a person within
the State who can receive legal process. That's the person that you
send the papers to.
Old April 21st, 2009, 03:50 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Carole Allen[_1_]

On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 15:35:03 -0700 (PDT), wkhedr
wrote:
Can you explain what you mean by "process agent"?

Alitalia has an office in Logan airport.

The registered agent for service of legal process, should be publicly
listed with your Secretary of State.
Old May 2nd, 2009, 05:47 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
erilar

Side comment: I have just returned from a four flight sequence of
Alitalia(2 over, 2 back), but all I suffered were the latest "schedule"
of my life. I had heard stories. I checked NOTHING 8-)

--
Mary Loomer Oliver (aka Erilar)

You can't reason with someone whose first line of argument is
that reason doesn't count. --Isaac Asimov

Erilar's Cave Annex: http://www.chibardun.net/~erilarlo*

Old June 13th, 2009, 11:55 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
wkhedr

On Apr 16, 3:55*pm, wrote:

[...]

Just an update about my case. I went to the small claim court and a
hearing was decided this month.
Alitalia sent me a check for more than my claim one week before the
hearing.

Old June 14th, 2009, 01:43 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Poetic Justice

Runge16 wrote;

Yawn

What part of rec.*TRAVEL*.europe have you *always* failed to
understand???

And Runge you are *definitely* in the Top 10 posters who have ruined
this NG over the years!

OP Thanks for the update and I'm glad everything worked out for you.

I've heard the horror stories over the years about dealing with
Alitalia over lost luggage, so your tip about (US) Small Claims Court
will be helpful to others in a google search.
Regards, Walter

Old June 14th, 2009, 07:54 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Runge16

Hullo poetic thing !
rec.travel.air is there for that sort of stuff, but I suppose you enjoy all
the great OT stuff our little bald posters never fail to post here...
Thank you for your appreciation and hope you find your paradise which is
definitely not around here !