Overnigh transit tat Singapore airport

Old July 22nd, 2004, 11:30 AM
dev

Default Overnigh transit tat Singapore airport

Two questions for any kind soul who knows the answers:

I get into Changi at about 9.30pm (on Qantas), then fly out (on Singapore
Airlines) at 8.50 the next morning.

Can I stay at the transit hotel (inside the transit area) without entering
Singapore and still check in to my second flight?

If I do this, can I also check my baggage right through from Melbourne to
Bangkok on Qantas and then Singapore Airlines without having to collect it
at Singapore (which would presumably involve clearing immigration and
customs which I would rather avoid)?

Old July 22nd, 2004, 12:00 PM
flyinyereye

"dev" wrote in message
Two questions for any kind soul who knows the answers:

I get into Changi at about 9.30pm (on Qantas), then fly out (on Singapore
Airlines) at 8.50 the next morning.

Can I stay at the transit hotel (inside the transit area) without entering
Singapore and still check in to my second flight?

Not sure about Singapore, but in KL you can collect your bag and check into
the transit hotel without clearing customs/immigration. I'd presume the same
would apply in Singapore, but someone else will know for sure.

If I do this, can I also check my baggage right through from Melbourne to
Bangkok on Qantas and then Singapore Airlines without having to collect it
at Singapore (which would presumably involve clearing immigration and
customs which I would rather avoid)?

Go on, spill... just what have you got in your bag?

Old July 22nd, 2004, 12:13 PM
dev

"flyinyereye" wrote in message

Go on, spill... just what have you got in your bag?

I just want to go to bed without standing in a queue for Immigration and
then waiting at a baggage carousel just so I can then queue up a third time
to check in again. Is that weird?

Old July 22nd, 2004, 12:50 PM
Viviane

Getting to & from the airport in Singapore is very easy. Unless you have a
mobility problem, I'd recommend getting a hotel in town - it will be better
and cheaper than the airport.

Old July 22nd, 2004, 01:15 PM
dev

"Viviane" wrote in message
u...
Getting to & from the airport in Singapore is very easy. Unless you have

mobility problem, I'd recommend getting a hotel in town - it will be

better
and cheaper than the airport.

Thanks, but............

The point is to avoid Immigration, the baggage carousel, Customs, the money
changers, the taxi, the hotel check-in, sleeping five hours, then having the
hotel checkout, the taxi back to the airport, the money changers again, and
the baggage checkin, when I could just check in to the transit hotel, go to
bed, sleep seven hours, check out then get on my next flight.

Old July 22nd, 2004, 01:53 PM
Mark Pannell

When you check in at MEL have your bags ckecked straight through to BKK. as
well get your boarding pass for both flights. When you arrive in SIN go
through immigration, which has never taken more than 5 minutes. Get the MRT
to downtown..Check into hotel On the way back there is no need to check in
with the airline as you already have your boarding pass. Back through
immigration. Piece of cake.

Mark
"dev" wrote in message

u...