US Census report ranks poorest cities

Old September 24th, 2004, 05:25 PM
Keith Willshaw

"Henry" wrote in message
Benny Boy wrote:

You ever been to Cleveland then buddy ?

Erm...no. But we've all heard about it. Isn't that the place where the
river flowing through the city centre is so polluted that it sometimes
catches fire?

Nope its the place where that was true 30 years ago.

Keith

Old September 24th, 2004, 06:54 PM
Frank F. Matthews

The river catching fire wasn't the impressive part. It actually managed
to burn the bridge over the river. It was a small bridge though. That
was about 50 years ago though. Laws & the flats have changed a bit.

Old September 24th, 2004, 07:09 PM
PeterL

"Henry" wrote in message
.. .
Tom J wrote:

"jjp" wrote in message

Overall poverty:

And what does that have to do with travel in the US & Canada????????

Simple: poverty promotes crime; crime 'demotes' travel.

Then no one would've ever gone to India or China as tourists.

cheers,

Henry

Old September 24th, 2004, 07:20 PM
Aramis

Your personal feelings of safety have very little to do with the probability
argument this discussion is based upon.

Some guy once fell from an airplane from several thousand feet up without a
parachute, and survived - quite nicely in fact. If he posted here that he
has never had a problem with falling from the sky would we all be ready to
give it a try?

"Benny Boy" wrote in message
m...

Tom J wrote:

"jjp" wrote in message

Overall poverty:

And what does that have to do with travel in the US & Canada????????

Simple: poverty promotes crime; crime 'demotes' travel.

cheers,

Henry

You ever been to Cleveland then buddy ?

Happening City....great nightlife....great sports staduims.....great
dining etc

And I felt very safe there thanks.

Old September 24th, 2004, 07:22 PM
Aramis

Why should people refrain from posting information which you consider to be
negative? If you have a bias towards Cleveland that lends itself to
self-promotion, so be it, but don't try and quash legitimate discussion that
doesn't serve your interest.

"Benny Boy" wrote in message
m...

"Henry" wrote in message
Benny Boy wrote:
You ever been to Cleveland then buddy ?
Erm...no. But we've all heard about it. Isn't that the place where
the
river flowing through the city centre is so polluted that it
sometimes
catches fire?

Nope its the place where that was true 30 years ago.

Keith

Exactly. Nice one Keith.

This geezer obviously knows nothing about Cleveland. I guess he's from
Pittsburgh myself !

Known as America's comeback city ! Yes the river caught fire 30 odd
years ago but get your single ass over there now. You might even have
some fun !

Also, a bit of advice. How bout putting some positive little census
reports up there rather than the negative ones.