HAL Liquor policy

Old May 13th, 2004, 04:09 PM
Kevin

Default HAL Liquor policy

Ray Goldenberg wrote:
On Thu, 13 May 2004 11:33:48 GMT, Kevin wrote:

I am sure they want everyone to believe all the bags are being
searched but on a ship with 2000 passengers and probally 5 or 6000
pieces of luggage it seems unrealistic that ALL luggage is searched.

Hi Kevin,

You are mistaken as I have witnessed it with my own eyes. Anyone that
sails from LA can see the screening area out on the cruise pier. You
can see the screening machines and see them screening each and every
bag before it is cleared to the ship. I have also watched the bomb
sniffing dogs check not only the bags but all of the stores (food
stuffs) before it is loaded. Yes, the cruise lines are quite serious
about checking baggage. That being said, liquor is the least of their
concerns in checked bags. I have never heard of them confiscating
liquor from a checked bag. I hope someone will tell us if they have
seen this happen. The cruise lines are checking hand carried bags as
many on r.t.cruises can attest. Some cruise lines confiscate liquor
and some don't. It often seems inconsistent whether a cruise line
will or won't confiscate the liquor.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

I stand corrected. I knew the dogs sniffed everything out, but I did
not think they would have enough time to open and search every piece of
luggage that went on the ship. That would not be a fun job.

Old May 13th, 2004, 04:15 PM
Ray Goldenberg

On Thu, 13 May 2004 15:09:34 GMT, Kevin wrote:

I stand corrected. I knew the dogs sniffed everything out, but I did
not think they would have enough time to open and search every piece of
luggage that went on the ship. That would not be a fun job.

Hi Kevin,

I am sorry if I was misunderstood. They scan the checked luggage with
equipment. They do not open & search each and every checked bag.
That would not be a fun job. :+(