late finil payment to RCI

Old December 3rd, 2004, 12:28 AM
BobG

Default late finil payment to RCI

should I be worryed about RCI not posting the finil payment to my card card
they have on record ??

it was due 11/8/2004 I just check the RCI site and login with my resv. #
and I am still listed as having the cabin I resv'd

is it my resonable to make sure they get their money or the TA or RCI..

this is the first time I booked a cruise before finil payment was due, all
the other time I payed in full..

thanks BobG

Old December 3rd, 2004, 12:46 AM
Charles

In article , BobG wrote:

should I be worryed about RCI not posting the finil payment to my card card
they have on record ??

I would worry about it. But how did you check it was not posted? If it
was from your statement it might not have made it by your account
closing date. Did you call your credit card company to see if it was
posted? Also you should have gotten some kind of confirmation from your
TA or the copy of the RCI confirmation that final payment has been
made. Contact your TA.

--
Charles

Old December 3rd, 2004, 01:12 AM
HDawson228

Ultimate responsibility is yours. Your TA should have reminded you. I made my
final pmt on Mon which really isn't due till Friday.
Old December 3rd, 2004, 01:12 AM
HDawson228

Old December 3rd, 2004, 02:08 AM

Figure out how to check your CC statement online...it will show all your
up-to-date postings. My opinion, they got their money!

Old December 3rd, 2004, 02:32 AM
Cruzinsure

I'm a little confused by your question. By "on record" do you mean the card
that was used for the initial deposit?

RCI won't automatically charge your card again for the final payment when it
becomes due. Either you or your TA (if you used one) need to call them to
authorize the charge and give them the card information again.

If you or your TA did make the call to authorize the final payment and it's not
showing on your credit card online statement or on RCIs web site there's a
problem and you need to contact RCI right away. It's already almost a month
past due and the booking can be cancelled with no additional notice to you.

Your TA should have contacted you a couple of days prior to the final payment
date to reconfirm everything and find out which card you want to use or if you
are paying by cash/check.

Old December 3rd, 2004, 03:49 AM
Mike Cordelli

You or your Agent should call and double check they have it. We had a cabin
canceled because the paperwork for the final payment didn't get there and a
few days later they gave our cabin away and refunded us the money we had
paid (deposit). It's way better to be told they have it and be sure, then
it is to show up and not have a cabin.

Old December 3rd, 2004, 12:29 PM
BobG

I checked my CC online, and yes I double check to make sure it was the same
credit card # that was used for the down payment.