How are things in New Orleans these days?

Old November 12th, 2009, 06:12 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
JamesStep

Default How are things in New Orleans these days?

Speaking of tours, I highly recommend the French Quarter walking tour
offered by the Friends of the Cabildo (a non-profit group). The 2-hour
walking tour is led by licensed guides & has an emphasis on history
and architecture. It doesn't try to cover the entire French Quarter,
but is very interesting and educational.

http://www.friendsofthecabildo.org

There also are organizations that offer walking tours of the Garden
District, although I don't have any specific ones to recommend.

James
Old November 12th, 2009, 02:09 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Robin Stober

JamesStep wrote:
Speaking of tours, I highly recommend the French Quarter walking tour
offered by the Friends of the Cabildo (a non-profit group). The 2-hour
walking tour is led by licensed guides& has an emphasis on history
and architecture. It doesn't try to cover the entire French Quarter,
but is very interesting and educational.

http://www.friendsofthecabildo.org

There also are organizations that offer walking tours of the Garden
District, although I don't have any specific ones to recommend.

Thanks for this and your other information.

I once took a ghost tour in New Orleans that was fun. Yes, I know that
it's a very different thing than the French Quarter tour you mention
above, with very different goals, but it was entertaining. I'm
wondering if anyone has current recommendations for any of these.
Old November 12th, 2009, 04:59 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
TheNewsGuy(Mike)

Robin Stober wrote:
I once took a ghost tour in New Orleans that was fun. Yes, I know that
it's a very different thing than the French Quarter tour you mention
above, with very different goals,

different ghouls? ;-)