Langkawi in October

Old May 26th, 2006, 07:04 AM posted to rec.travel.asia

Default Langkawi in October

Hi,

We're planning a trip to Langkawi and Singapore in October 20, 4 nights
for each. Is this a good time? Will it be still the rainy season? By
the way, we have a four years old boy. What are the hotels which you
recommend in Langkawi? I saw Langkawi Lagoon resort on the web. Seemed
nice but not that cheap :-) Would you recommend it? I guess it's near
to the airport, is it a good region to stay?

Thanks in advance for all your kind reply...

Old May 26th, 2006, 11:23 AM posted to rec.travel.asia

killjoy wrote:
Hi,

We're planning a trip to Langkawi and Singapore in October 20, 4 nights
for each. Is this a good time? Will it be still the rainy season? By
the way, we have a four years old boy. What are the hotels which you
recommend in Langkawi? I saw Langkawi Lagoon resort on the web. Seemed
nice but not that cheap :-) Would you recommend it? I guess it's near
to the airport, is it a good region to stay?

Thanks in advance for all your kind reply...

I've just been to Langkawi in April with a two.5 year old boy, just
after the rains started. It rained pretty much every day, but I can't
say that spoiled our holiday much. There was lots to do, it didn't rain
all day so if you were flexible about what you did and waited for the
rain to pass before taking the cable car up Matcincang for eg, it will
not spoil your holiday. The smaller islands are often in sunshine when
its raining on langkawi itself so an island-hopping cruise or visit to
Pulau Payar could be done if a particularly wet spell sets in. Our son
quite enjoyed the rain, especially swimming in the pool when it was
raining. We has some pretty spectacular thunderstorms which can also be
of great interest to a little one.

The strip around the airport is the main tourist area with lots of
hotels strung along it. Nice beaches, lots of people, resturants, shops
etc. If you like it that way, fine. Not to my taste though. You haven't
said what price range you're looking at for hotels.
Anita
Old May 26th, 2006, 03:43 PM posted to rec.travel.asia

I've been there in January 2004. I stayed in Langkawi Lagoon. You may
visit my bf's website. http://www.familieroelands.demon.nl/

It's nice to stay in Langkawi Lagoon resort. The resort is built on the
water. I bet it's more fun to stay in a room on ground floor. You could
see the seawater through the stripes of the wooden "floor" in the bathroom
during the daytime. During my stay there, a cockroach entered the bathroom
through those gaps. Also, don't let the food opened as it would attract a
lot of ants. I've left some biscuits on a "table" next to the bed and
after a few hours, there were a lot of ants from the other room.

I'm not sure whether the airport is close to Langkawi Lagoon. It seems like
it's close to each other on the map. ^_^ Before landing, prepare your
camera and get ready to take pictures of the plane when you are on the
parking apron. When I arrived Langkawi, I went to have dinner somewhere
before going to the hotel. I left Langkwai by boat to Pengang. Airport
staff worked quite slowly, btw.

Travelling from Langkawi Lagoon to a city Kuah takes 30 mins by taxi. It's
about 18 Ringgits. You can ask the hotel staff to book a taxi and the
estimated fare.

There were a lot of small stalls offering local tour at the Jetty/Ferry
Terminal. My travel tour also offered a local tour to visit Palau Payer
(Palau means Island) and it's in the same price as the tour offered by
Langkawi Lagoon. Lunch buffet was offered. I was fine but my boyfriend got
diarrhoea after having the lunch.

I'm not sure the weather in November. Anyway remember to have sun
protection because it hardly find any shade in the island.

It's really fun to stay in Langkawi. You'd love the beach and the sunshine.

"killjoy" ???
oups.com ???...