Why do people live in Florida?

Old September 7th, 2004, 05:59 AM
Gunner

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 21:15:04 -0400, Budman
wrote:

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 23:38:56 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 16:25:48 -0400, IN-10-CITY wrote:

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 19:30:43 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 13:23:08 -0400, Budman
wrote:

The Brothers Bush had the monopoly a few years back with Dubya in
Texas and Jeb in Florida. How's that for compassionate conservatism
:-)

Seems their constituents liked em. They kept getting voted back into
office. Still do too. G

Gunner

King George lost the popular vote. Someone back me up, because I'm
not sure if he's the only one to do so.

The popular vote means dick in the grand scheme of things, as the
Founders intended. One should also note that Dubya was reelected to
an unprecedented second term in Texas as a Republican governor. He
resigned that post to run for President. Seems that the Texans liked
him. Even the Democratic ones as he got 66+% of the vote.

Now about Ann Richards...chuckle....

Gunner

That Texans find Dubya OK speaks more to the poor judgement of the
populace than to the success or qualifications of the office holder.

That people like you spew your opinion..an opinion not held by the
voters of a large state..speaks volumes about your opinion.

Gunner

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child -
Liberalism is a philosphy of sniveling brats." -- P.J. O'Rourke

Old September 7th, 2004, 03:45 PM
Kristina

I would not live in that god forsaken bug infested place if they PAID
me !!!!!

kris

On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 19:04:11 -0400, puzzled wrote:

A massive hurricane seems to hit Florida every few years. I really don't
understand why people continue to live there. Don't they get tired of having
to evacuate every summer, and having their houses destroyed? Someone explain
this to me.

Old September 7th, 2004, 05:19 PM
clint

Most pople who move to Florida are "seniors"and therefore, their brain cells
only function, when trying to find "Early Birds" or other elderly specials!
It truly is God's waiting room! haha
"Severian" wrote in message
m...
Lets see. The Beaches, the weather, the history.

If I compare it to Missouri, where I live now, it is MUCH better.

We have earthquakes, tornadoes and EVERY year also, not every few years...

Plus, the state government sucks, it is miserable in the summer and

winter..
"Peter L" wrote in message

puzzled wrote in message
A massive hurricane seems to hit Florida every few years. I really

don't
understand why people continue to live there. Don't they get tired of

having
to evacuate every summer, and having their houses destroyed? Someone

explain
this to me.

Maybe they should live in tornado alley, or earthquake country. Maybe
Buffalo.

Old September 7th, 2004, 07:37 PM
Mark Kershenblatt

Two words : EARLY-BIRD SPECIALS !!!!!!!!!!!!

(Or is that three ????!!!!)

Old September 8th, 2004, 12:32 AM
Budman

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 14:37:39 -0400, Mark Kershenblatt
wrote:

Two words : EARLY-BIRD SPECIALS !!!!!!!!!!!!

(Or is that three ????!!!!)

The going joke around here (Sarasota) is that Punta Gorda is the place
where the retirees visit their parents.

Old September 8th, 2004, 12:48 PM
me

"Runge" wrote in message ...
I'm french...who's Jerry Lewis ?

[snip]

French Legion of Honor recipient in 1984. Same
year was made a Commander in the Order of Arts and Letters in France.
Old September 8th, 2004, 01:13 PM

On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 01:14:37 GMT, "Pete Platis"
wrote:

Relax floridians. I'll post a list on the good things in
florida. Tough to come up with 10 of em though .

1. NO state income tax.

2. No annual auto inspections.

3. Cheap cost of living.

4. Year round sports (tennis, softball, volleyball, football etc..).

5. It's so much fun to make fun of tourists.

5. You can do a "reason 5" twice and no one is smart enough to catch
it.

6. Two quality football teams in the NFL (Jags and Bucs).

7. Two quality college football teams (Florida and Florida State).
Also, probably the best college football fans of any state.

8. Poontang.

9. Most lawns and landscapes are immaculately maintained.

10. Dullfins fans may all leave the state at once forming utopia!!!