Grand Princess feedback

Old November 30th, 2003, 10:19 PM
Jo-Ann

Default Grand Princess feedback

Peri, run, don't walk to pick up that great deal! And definitely
upgrade to the minisuite for $99 more.

I was on the G.P. this past September and loved it. And I say go for
PC dining; it's the greatest! We had outstanding service and the
longest we waited was 15 minutes one night; all other nights we had no
wait whatsoever. And we went during peak dining times.

Jo-Ann

Peri wrote in message . net...
Linda, thanks. I read the review when you originally posted it, but as with most
things, it didn't really stick until it became relevant to ME! After reading
the comments already posted, I can't imagine why we won't just go ahead and book
this baby. Now we have to decide whether or not to try Personal Choice dining...

~ Peri

Linda Coffman wrote:
We sailed on Grand Princess last September with two other couples. All had
mini-suites. My husband wasn't looking forward to a cruise on such a large
ship with so many people, but ended up really enjoying the ship and PC
dining. Our review starts here... http://cruisediva.com/Grand_diary.htm

Hope this helps.

Linda
CruiseDiva.com
http://cruisediva.com

Old December 1st, 2003, 03:56 AM
Peri

Okay! We're doin' it!! Can't beat a mini-suite for $850 including port
charges, especially when there's a $50 shipboard credit to go along with it.
Thank you, everyone, for your positive feedback.

Still not sold on Personal Choice dining, as we really do enjoy having
tablemates the same waiter/assistant every night, but we may decide to try it
this time around since the opportunity presents itself.

I'll tell ya, nothing beats a "bonus" cruise you weren't expecting, and now
we're...STACKED!!!

~ Peri (who is also eagerly anticipating the April California Coastal cruise
aboard the Mercury, and the still-to-be-decided summer anniversary cruise...!)

Old December 2nd, 2003, 02:19 AM
Bob Hersey

"Linda Coffman" wrote in message
"Bob Hersey" wrote in message...

Scanned your review of Grand Princess and enjoyed what I read immensely.
Will have to return to read it beginning to end. You mentioned a cab to
Majahual. Was it Uvero Beach and do you remember how much the cab fare

was?

Bob, our friends took the cab to Majahual for the day and I would have to
ask them, but doubt they remember the name of the beach. From what they
said, everything was pretty cheap--the cab, food, beers. They even had
massages on the beach that were only a fraction of what they'd have cost

on
the ship

Linda
CruiseDiva.com
http://cruisediva.com

Thanks Linda,

We will resist the temptation to book the $36 ship's excursion and take a
cab. Except for transportation, a complimentary open bar (no doubt beer and
soda) and a chair there doesn't seem to be a whole lot offered for the
price. A beautiful beach, a coral reef to snorkel and cheap food and beer.
What more could we want?

Bob

Old December 2nd, 2003, 02:23 AM
Bob Hersey

Good for you Peri,

Hope you enjoy your Jan. 4th cruise on Grand Princess as much as I expect we
will on our January 11th. As for Personal Choice, we have resisted as you
have. We like same time, same servers and same great folks at the table.
Someday we may try Personal Choice but not on Grand.

Bob

Old December 2nd, 2003, 03:29 AM
Peri

Default Grand Princess Personal Choice (was Grand Princess feedback)

Bob, we got waitlisted for second seating when we booked today, which is
understandable considering the relatively last-minute nature of our reservation.
As this is a CLEAR preference for us, I'm thinking that the only reason we'd
try Personal Choice is if we can't change from the first seating once we're on
board. Like you, we really enjoy the cameraderie of a great table at dinner,
and have been pretty lucky thus far. Matter of fact, our best table (and
servers) ever was on our *last* Princess cruise, two years ago on the Sea Princess.

Have a great time! Looking forward to comparing notes when we both return!!

~ Peri