Mediterranean family vacation

Old September 25th, 2006, 08:28 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Daves

Default Mediterranean family vacation

We're a Canadian family talking about a large family vacation in Europe in
the early summer -- late June, early July. We think it would be fun to rent
a large villa with room for the elderly parents, six or seven adults and six
or seven children. Yes, quite a crew. Any suggestions. We're looking at one
week, probably somewhere in the south, not too, too expensive. I was
thinking Croatia, southern Italy, south of France ... along these lines. I
know this is vague, but I'm not sure where else to start looking.
Suggestions, websites, anything would be helpful to get the ideas flowing.

Thanks
Dave

Old September 26th, 2006, 09:37 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tomich

"Daves" ha scritto nel messaggio
I was thinking Croatia

If you need information about renting a villa/holiday house in Croatia, feel
free to contact me by e-mail.

Old September 28th, 2006, 10:22 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
mericyacht

Hello Daves;
I'm thinking for your vacation regarding rent a villa for your large
family DALYAN - CAUNOS TURKEY.. Here is very warm and I have an Apart
Villa for rent..it has swimming pool.. For more information I will send
you an e-mail from my company mailbox.. And in detail I will explain
everything for your vacation and pictures of villa..

Old September 30th, 2006, 04:40 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Joe Pessarra[_1_]

"Daves" wrote in message
We're a Canadian family talking about a large family vacation in Europe in
the early summer -- late June, early July. We think it would be fun to

rent
a large villa with room for the elderly parents, six or seven adults and

six
or seven children. Yes, quite a crew. Any suggestions. We're looking at

one
week, probably somewhere in the south, not too, too expensive. I was
thinking Croatia, southern Italy, south of France ... along these lines. I
know this is vague, but I'm not sure where else to start looking.
Suggestions, websites, anything would be helpful to get the ideas flowing.

Thanks
Dave

We have stayed at these two locations some years ago. Both had plenty of
room for your group, I believe. If interested, would be glad to send you
more information directly. You can check out the sites for current rates,
and room information.

http://www.abbazia-di-spineto.com/ab...di_spineto.htm

We stayed in Il Piano. But, there are other villas on this large ranch.

http://www.italy-villas.it/photogallery.php?id=7643

Neither place is on the coast. Hope this is of some help.

Joe in Texas

Old October 1st, 2006, 04:18 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
keybdwizrd

The French Riviera is a great place for a family vacation. We (my wife
and I, with our two teenagers) traveled there from the US last summer
with my wife's parents, and went back again this summer with with two
extra teenagers (friends of my kids). Our reasons for liking this
area:

- There is much to see and do, but the beaches and seaside resort vibe
offer an attractive mix of R&R and sightseeing. Private beaches offer
beds and umbrellas with service... You can order/eat lunch and enjoy a
bottle of wine without leaving your chair.

- Along the same lines, it's fun to stay in an area that has the glitz
of Monte-Carlo nearby charming, quiet towns.

- The coast is truly beautiful. Eze, with it's views from the top, has
become my daughter's favorite place in the world (and we're rather
well-traveled).

- Being France, yet right on the Italian border, inspires some awesome
restaurant menus. Our favorite restaurant, where we dine just about
every other night, is a wonderful place in Monte-Carlo called La
Piazza. Great food, and the staff is lots of fun. Highly recommended.

- There are many great places to stroll and explore, including old town
in Nice, La Croisette in Cannes, Roquebrune-cap-Martin (vieux village),
Menton, etc.

- It's an easy, beautiful drive to Turin (Torino), Italy, which is
really nice (especially after having been "readied" for the Olympics).
Interesting architecture abounds, and attractions include the Museum of
the Shroud and the Egyptian Museum.

- I must admit that I enjoy vacationing in this area, because there are
relatively few Americans. It's a great place to meet people from all
over, especially Europe.

We've rented villas and apartments from these folks, but don't know if
they have anything available for your size of group:

http://www.villavacations.com

http://www.niceapartments.co.uk

Michael

Old October 3rd, 2006, 11:11 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
cybermamy

Hello ,

A good site for holiday rental

http://www.homelidays.com/

Old October 4th, 2006, 06:36 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Calif Bill

"cybermamy" wrote in message
Hello ,

A good site for holiday rental

http://www.homelidays.com/

"Daves" a écrit dans le message de news:
We're a Canadian family talking about a large family vacation in Europe
in the early summer -- late June, early July. We think it would be fun to
rent a large villa with room for the elderly parents, six or seven adults
and six or seven children. Yes, quite a crew. Any suggestions. We're
looking at one week, probably somewhere in the south, not too, too
expensive. I was thinking Croatia, southern Italy, south of France ...
along these lines. I know this is vague, but I'm not sure where else to
start looking. Suggestions, websites, anything would be helpful to get
the ideas flowing.

Thanks
Dave

\

would look at Spain / Majorca for reasonable rates.

Old December 28th, 2017, 12:05 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

If anyone needs a recommendation for a villa in Croatia...I love this one http://villasradic.com/en/villa-maria/
Old January 2nd, 2018, 10:28 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Surreyman[_3_]

On Monday, September 25, 2006 at 8:28:38 PM UTC+1, Daves wrote:
We're a Canadian family talking about a large family vacation in Europe in
the early summer -- late June, early July. We think it would be fun to rent
a large villa with room for the elderly parents, six or seven adults and six
or seven children. Yes, quite a crew. Any suggestions. We're looking at one
week, probably somewhere in the south, not too, too expensive. I was
thinking Croatia, southern Italy, south of France ... along these lines. I
know this is vague, but I'm not sure where else to start looking.
Suggestions, websites, anything would be helpful to get the ideas flowing.

Thanks
Dave

I was interested to see what types of reply you got and, as expected, I suspect you're no nearer a considered choice!
To be fair, I think you need to outline your expectations rather more. Do you want sun & sand, history, scenery, cuisine, multiple sightseeing, or what?
I suspect you're not coming all the way to Europe for a week on a beach?
We know most of Europe - and (maybe?) North Africa, Middle East.
Would be delighted to advise from our own personal experiences given a little more detail.
Old January 2nd, 2018, 11:55 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
johnt

"Surreyman" wrote in message
[...]

It was originally posted in 2006. The children will all be adults by now!

--
JohnT