Jews Strive To Restore Christmas Trees At Seattle Airport

Old December 14th, 2006, 09:46 AM posted to alt.anarchism,alt.atheism,rec.travel.air,soc.culture.jewish
James A. Donald

Default Jews Strive To Restore Christmas Trees At Seattle Airport

"James A. Donald"
But you guys are trying to suppress even the secular
aspects of Christmas - you were suing against the
display of Christmas trees, not the display of
stables and mangers. You are suing against the
stuff that people see in Singapore

"Sancho Panza"
Pretty fast on the trigger with "you guys." Just what
guys do you mean?

By "you guys" I mean everyone that gets so enraged by
the symbols of Christianity that they cannot even stand
symbols that are associated with the symbols of
Christianity - I mean commies, militant Jews, radical
islamists, Gaia worshippers, the usual. Hindus,
animists and ancestor worshippers somehow never have
this problem.

--
----------------------
We have the right to defend ourselves and our property, because

http://www.jim.com/ James A. Donald
Old December 14th, 2006, 09:49 AM posted to alt.abortion,alt.anarchism,alt.atheism,rec.travel.air,soc.culture.jewish
James A. Donald

"brique"
Nobody was 'sueing against the display of trees'. a
rabbi threatened to sue if the airport did not also
display symbols of his religion alongside the trees.

But they were displaying trees, and not a manger,
because the manger is a symbol of the Christian
religion, and the trees are not.

Further, past experience has shown you cannot settle
this dispute by concessions. Any concession is met by
further demands from additional complainants, for the
real grievance is Christmas itself, as several people in
this thread have made abundantly clear.

--
----------------------

Old December 14th, 2006, 10:00 AM posted to alt.abortion,alt.anarchism,alt.atheism,rec.travel.air,soc.culture.jewish
Tchiowa

wrote:
On 13-Dec-2006, " wrote:

James A. Donald wrote:
But you guys are trying to suppress even the secular
aspects of Christmas - you were suing against the
display of Christmas trees

Who was suing against what display of Xmas trees? The ones in SEATAC?\

Even if anyone was - which no one is doing - the proof
that the trees and all the other attendent crap really is NOT
secular is that it is ONLY brought out AT XMAStime.

???? Did you think that Christmas trees should be brought out on the
4th of July?

There is an undoubtedly religious side to Christmas. Trees are not part
of that. Trees are part of the secular side. The Rabbi complained about
trees. He was picking a fight, simple as that. If the airport was
putting up pictures of baby Jesus with a halo or something like that I
could understand. I'm not saying I would agree but at least the
complaint (and the complaints of others in this thread) would make
sense. But claiming that a Christmas tree is not secular is simply
nonsense.

It would be less disgusting if they were just honest about it.

Christmas trees are disgusting????

Anti-Christian bigotry, AFAIC.

Old December 14th, 2006, 10:03 AM posted to alt.abortion,alt.anarchism,alt.atheism,rec.travel.air,soc.culture.jewish
Tchiowa

brique wrote:

But you guys are trying to suppress even the secular
aspects of Christmas - you were suing against the
display of Christmas trees, not the display of stables
and mangers. You are suing against the stuff that
people see in Singapore

Nobody was 'sueing against the display of trees'. a rabbi threatened to sue
if the airport did not also display symbols of his religion alongside the
trees.

And if they didn't add his symbol he would sue against the trees.

Trees are *not* a religious symbol so the whole thing makes no sense
unless you look at the Rabbi as just being a bigot trying to pick a
fight.

The airport re-acted by removing the trees thus killing the whole
suit stone dead, there were now no religous symbols for anyone to demand
parity with.

Nor were they any to begin with.

Old December 14th, 2006, 10:06 AM posted to alt.atheism,alt.abortion,rec.travel.air,soc.culture.jewish
Tchiowa

Mike Hunt wrote:
Laura Sanchez wrote:

Too bad Christianity doesn't return the favor.

Excuse me? It's Christians that are the only ones defending Israel and
denouncing anti-Semitism.

Yet, they can't seem to share the winter holiday season by permitting a
one Jewish symbol at the airport.

Which "holiday" are you talking about? There is only one *NATIONAL
HOLIDAY* and it isn't a Jewish Holiday so why would you put up a Jewish
symbol?

Putting up a Jewish symbol would be celebrating a holiday that is
*PURELY* a religious holiday and not a national holiday and thus would
be in clear violation of separation of church and state.

Old December 14th, 2006, 01:29 PM posted to alt.atheism,alt.abortion,rec.travel.air,soc.culture.jewish
Ben Kaufman

On 14 Dec 2006 01:06:37 -0800, "Tchiowa" wrote:

Mike Hunt wrote:
Laura Sanchez wrote:

Too bad Christianity doesn't return the favor.

Excuse me? It's Christians that are the only ones defending Israel and
denouncing anti-Semitism.

Yet, they can't seem to share the winter holiday season by permitting a
one Jewish symbol at the airport.

Which "holiday" are you talking about? There is only one *NATIONAL
HOLIDAY* and it isn't a Jewish Holiday so why would you put up a Jewish
symbol?

Putting up a Jewish symbol would be celebrating a holiday that is
*PURELY* a religious holiday and not a national holiday and thus would
be in clear violation of separation of church and state.

Ah constitutionally based bigotry, way to go!

Ben