Jews Strive To Restore Christmas Trees At Seattle Airport

Old December 14th, 2006, 12:47 PM posted to alt.atheism,alt.abortion,alt.anarchism,rec.travel.air,soc.culture.jewish
[email protected]

Default Jews Strive To Restore Christmas Trees At Seattle Airport

Mike Hunt wrote:
The issue isn't that the Rabbi wanted the Christmas ornaments removed,
but he wanted representation of his religion a this public facility.

That request was denied, even though the last Supreme Court case on the
subject agreed with the Rabbi.

The fact that the airport management took down the Christmas ornaments
leads me to believe that they knew they were in violation of that ruling
. Why didn't they simply allow the Menorah to be displayed? Could it be
they are anti-semitic

Lets be clear about this, The Rabbi wanted to display the national
emblem of the "STATE" OF ISRAEL at Seattle intenational airport:

It's not just some festive icon, it is the NATIONAL EMBLEM OF
ISRAEL:
http://www.science.co.il/Israel-Emblem.asp

"History: The national emblem of the State of Israel includes a seven
branched-candelabrum, called Menorah, flanked by two olive branches."

Do americans really think that it is apt some zioNAZI Rabbi display the
national emblem of the foreign country he is loyal to at an american
international airport, by threat of legal action?

If zionists want to erect their national icons they should **** off and
live in their own "country".

Old December 14th, 2006, 12:55 PM posted to alt.atheism,alt.abortion,rec.travel.air,soc.culture.jewish
Sancho Panza[_1_]

"Tchiowa" wrote in message
ups.com...

Mike Hunt wrote:
Laura Sanchez wrote:

Too bad Christianity doesn't return the favor.

Excuse me? It's Christians that are the only ones defending Israel and
denouncing anti-Semitism.

Yet, they can't seem to share the winter holiday season by permitting a
one Jewish symbol at the airport.

Which "holiday" are you talking about? There is only one *NATIONAL
HOLIDAY* and it isn't a Jewish Holiday so why would you put up a Jewish
symbol?

Putting up a Jewish symbol would be celebrating a holiday that is
*PURELY* a religious holiday and not a national holiday and thus would
be in clear violation of separation of church and state.

Hanukah is not a religious holiday. It is not mentioned in sacred texts. It
is a military/political pep rally.

Old December 14th, 2006, 12:57 PM posted to alt.anarchism,alt.atheism,rec.travel.air,soc.culture.jewish
Sancho Panza[_1_]

"James A. Donald" wrote in message
James A. Donald:
It is like negotiating with the Palestinians. You
cut a deal with the PLO, and then they say "thanks,
and now for the demands of Hamas: ..." If you
begin, there is no end.

Thanks for telling us just what you think of everyone
who is not Xian.

But there was no end: Consider for example Kwanza.

And while the Christmas trees are designed to be as
inoffensive as possible, "Goodwill to all men" the
menorah is not - it the equivalent of putting a manger
at the airport,

That is severely uninformed. A menorah has absolutely no religious meaning
whatsoever, and there is no way that you can show that it does.

Old December 14th, 2006, 01:04 PM posted to alt.anarchism,alt.atheism,rec.travel.air,soc.culture.jewish
Sancho Panza[_1_]

"James A. Donald" wrote in message
"James A. Donald"
But you guys are trying to suppress even the secular
aspects of Christmas - you were suing against the
display of Christmas trees, not the display of
stables and mangers. You are suing against the
stuff that people see in Singapore

"Sancho Panza"
Pretty fast on the trigger with "you guys." Just what
guys do you mean?

By "you guys" I mean everyone that gets so enraged by
the symbols of Christianity that they cannot even stand
symbols that are associated with the symbols of
Christianity - I mean commies, militant Jews, radical
islamists, Gaia worshippers, the usual. Hindus,
animists and ancestor worshippers somehow never have
this problem.

But you are saying in posts right around this one that it is not a religious
symbol. Which is it, religious or not? If it's a symbol of Christianity, as
you say here, why should other faiths not be similarly represented?

Old December 14th, 2006, 01:04 PM posted to alt.anarchism,alt.atheism,rec.travel.air,soc.culture.jewish
Sancho Panza[_1_]

"James A. Donald" wrote in message
"brique"
Nobody was 'sueing against the display of trees'. a
rabbi threatened to sue if the airport did not also
display symbols of his religion alongside the trees.

But they were displaying trees, and not a manger,
because the manger is a symbol of the Christian
religion, and the trees are not.

If the trees are not a religious symbol, why is there so much fervor to
display them?

Old December 14th, 2006, 01:26 PM posted to alt.anarchism,alt.atheism,rec.travel.air,soc.culture.jewish
Anarcissie

Sancho Panza wrote:
"James A. Donald" wrote in message
"brique"
Nobody was 'sueing against the display of trees'. a
rabbi threatened to sue if the airport did not also
display symbols of his religion alongside the trees.

But they were displaying trees, and not a manger,
because the manger is a symbol of the Christian
religion, and the trees are not.

If the trees are not a religious symbol, why is there so much fervor to
display them?

Yes, that's the question. Why is it so important?

Old December 14th, 2006, 01:34 PM posted to alt.atheism,alt.anarchism,rec.travel.air,soc.culture.jewish,alt.society.anarchy
Anarcissie

James A. Donald wrote:
:
Better still -- buy a one-way trip to Saudi Arabia.
There are NO Xmas trees in their airports -- or
anywhere else.

"Anarcissie"
I have been told otherwise.

By the usual fans of terror and mass murder, who now that
communism is no more, seem to be becoming fans of Islam.
Did Beslan get your rocks off?

I think it's quite possible that the Saudis tolerate
various nominally monotheistic performances.

Googling for Saudi persecution of Christians, the first
hit tells me:
: : At least eight other Filipinos arrested in
: : the police crackdown on suspected Christian
: : worshippers have reportedly been transferred
: : out of detention cells, in preparation for
: : their imminent deportation later this week.

The next hit tells me:
: : Islam is the official religion of the Kingdom
: : of Saudi Arabia, and all citizens must be
: : Muslims. The Government prohibits the public
: : practice of other religions.

I'm just reporting what I've been told. I was quite
surprised to hear it myself. Of course, Christmas
trees, Santa Claus, and so on are not actually
Christian but pagan symbols. It was my impression
that Muslims were even more hostile to paganism
than to Christianity, but, who knows? Times may
have changed, given the love-fest between the
Bush family and the Saudis.

Old December 14th, 2006, 01:58 PM posted to alt.anarchism,alt.atheism,rec.travel.air,soc.culture.jewish
[email protected]

On 14-Dec-2006, "Sancho Panza" wrote:

And while the Christmas trees are designed to be as
inoffensive as possible, "Goodwill to all men" the
menorah is not - it the equivalent of putting a manger
at the airport,

That is severely uninformed. A menorah has absolutely no religious meaning
whatsoever, and there is no way that you can show that it does.

Actually, it does: it represents a miracle.
I have no idea how the Supreme Court reached a decision otherwise,
but so long as they have, I will go with it - we'r discussing America, after
all.
However, the trees are also religious, in 2 religions:
the pagans and the Xians who use them to celebrate Jesus' birth.
They can pretend all they want, but until they drag out decorated
trees in May, I don't want to hear any more lies.

Susan