Eliat, Israel

Old November 13th, 2003, 04:31 PM
Dave Smith

Default Eliat, Israel

Go Fig wrote:

The Jessica Lynch story could have been filmed in a studio. The
coverage was superb! Never mind the facts when you can make a heroine
out of an incompetent,

How exactly is she incompetent ?

It seems that the story about her valiant fight, her wounds , her bad treatment by
the Iraqis and perilous rescue was a total fabrication by the US administration.
She was in a convoy that got lost and bumbled into an ambush. She was injured when
her truck ran off the road. The Iraqi doctors tried to take good care of her and
tried to get her back to US lines, but we fired upon by US troops. She was not
shot. She was not raped. There was no need for the US troops to kick down all the
doors in the hospital. To be fair, I suppose it is better to be safe than sorry.
Even so, it is a sad comment on the administration when the only soldier in their
entire operation who billed nationally and internationally as a great hero is just
some chump in a support outfit whose demise was the result of gross incompetence in
a combat situation. She is very lucky to have survived and I don't envy her for
what she went through, but she is far from a hero. To call her a hero is an insult
to the brave deeds of those who truly are heroes.

Old November 13th, 2003, 05:16 PM
Go Fig

In article ,
Dave Smith wrote:

Go Fig wrote:

The Jessica Lynch story could have been filmed in a studio. The
coverage was superb! Never mind the facts when you can make a heroine
out of an incompetent,

How exactly is she incompetent ?

It seems that the story about her valiant fight, her wounds , her bad
treatment by
the Iraqis and perilous rescue was a total fabrication by the US
administration.
She was in a convoy that got lost and bumbled into an ambush. She was injured
when
her truck ran off the road. The Iraqi doctors tried to take good care of her
and
tried to get her back to US lines, but we fired upon by US troops. She was
not
shot. She was not raped.

This is contrary to what she implies in her book, what the U.S. medical
doctor that examined her.

What is your source ?

There was no need for the US troops to kick down
all the
doors in the hospital. To be fair, I suppose it is better to be safe than
sorry.

What was the basement in this hospital being used for ?

Even so, it is a sad comment on the administration when the only soldier in
their
entire operation who billed nationally and internationally as a great hero is
just
some chump in a support outfit whose demise was the result of gross
incompetence in
a combat situation.

OK, what is the 'gross incompetence' ?

jay
Thu, Nov 13, 2003

--

Legend insists that as he finished his abject...
Galileo muttered under his breath: "Nevertheless, it does move."
Old November 13th, 2003, 05:43 PM
Markku Grönroos

"Thomas F. Unke" wrote in message
Dave Smith writes:

what she went through, but she is far from a hero. To call her a
hero is an insult to the brave deeds of those who truly are heroes.

The only heros are the Iraqis who suffer an incredible loss of human
lives and still resist the brutal occupation.

I don't see anything heroic to be led by idiots whether Iraqi or American.

Old November 13th, 2003, 05:46 PM
Kristian

Thomas F. Unke wrote:
Dave Smith writes:
what she went through, but she is far from a hero. To call her a
hero is an insult to the brave deeds of those who truly are heroes.

The only heros are the Iraqis who suffer an incredible loss of human
lives and still resist the brutal occupation.

---------
You mean heros like Saddam ?

Kristian
Old November 13th, 2003, 05:50 PM
Go Fig

In article ,
Thomas F. Unke wrote:

Dave Smith writes:

what she went through, but she is far from a hero. To call her a
hero is an insult to the brave deeds of those who truly are heroes.

The only heros are the Iraqis who suffer an incredible loss of human
lives and still resist the brutal occupation.

Just how long does it take to polish your knee high black boots ?

jay
Thu, Nov 13, 2003

Old November 13th, 2003, 06:12 PM
Dave Smith

Go Fig wrote:

It seems that the story about her valiant fight, her wounds , her bad
treatment by
the Iraqis and perilous rescue was a total fabrication by the US
administration.
She was in a convoy that got lost and bumbled into an ambush. She was injured
when
her truck ran off the road. The Iraqi doctors tried to take good care of her
and
tried to get her back to US lines, but we fired upon by US troops. She was
not
shot. She was not raped.

This is contrary to what she implies in her book, what the U.S. medical
doctor that examined her.

What is your source ?

I have a news paper article from just yesterday, an Associated Press report of an
interview with her on Veterans Day. She denied reports of her fierce gun battle,
saying that her gun was jammed and she never fired a shot.
She contradicts reports that the rescue raid encountered resistance saying that
the Iraqis did not offer any resistance and even offered the troops a key. She
said that the doctors and nurses were thoughtful, gentle people who secretly tried
to see her to freedom.

The article also reports that Iraqi doctors denied the claims that she had been
sexually assaulted. While US army doctors may claim other wise I would suggest that
since Lynch's statements tend to back up the doctors' claims about most other
things and that the army has obviously fabricated just about everything else, it
becomes a matter of credibility, and that the Iraqi medical staff and Lynch have
proved themselves to be infinitely more credible.

There was no need for the US troops to kick down
all the
doors in the hospital. To be fair, I suppose it is better to be safe than
sorry.

What was the basement in this hospital being used for ?

Good question. I don't doubt that propaganda reports would be trying to claim that
their were arms hidden in it. Given the proven lack of credibility of the army's
version of the story I give that report as much credit as it may be worth...none.

OK, what is the 'gross incompetence' ?

They were lost. Her gun was jammed.

Old November 13th, 2003, 06:43 PM

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 17:46:16 +0100, Kristian
wrote:

Thomas F. Unke wrote:
Dave Smith writes:
what she went through, but she is far from a hero. To call her a
hero is an insult to the brave deeds of those who truly are heroes.

The only heros are the Iraqis who suffer an incredible loss of human
lives and still resist the brutal occupation.

---------
You mean heros like Saddam ?

Kristian

And heros like Osama? Who wouldn't even risk his life on a death
mission, like those putzes who flew the jets?

Wimpy.
Old November 13th, 2003, 06:53 PM
Go Fig

In article ,
Dave Smith wrote:

Go Fig wrote:

It seems that the story about her valiant fight, her wounds , her bad
treatment by
the Iraqis and perilous rescue was a total fabrication by the US
administration.
She was in a convoy that got lost and bumbled into an ambush. She was
injured
when
her truck ran off the road. The Iraqi doctors tried to take good care of
her
and
tried to get her back to US lines, but we fired upon by US troops. She
was
not
shot. She was not raped.

This is contrary to what she implies in her book, what the U.S. medical
doctor that examined her.

What is your source ?

What length do you have your word wrap set to ?

I have a news paper article from just yesterday, an Associated Press report
of an
interview with her on Veterans Day. She denied reports of her fierce gun
battle,
saying that her gun was jammed and she never fired a shot.
She contradicts reports that the rescue raid encountered resistance saying
that
the Iraqis did not offer any resistance and even offered the troops a key.

What reports of resistance, none were made. Either at the time or now.

She
said that the doctors and nurses were thoughtful, gentle people who secretly
tried
to see her to freedom.

The article also reports that Iraqi doctors denied the claims that she had
been
sexually assaulted. While US army doctors may claim other wise I would
suggest that
since Lynch's statements tend to back up the doctors' claims about most other
things and that the army has obviously fabricated just about everything else,
it
becomes a matter of credibility, and that the Iraqi medical staff and Lynch
have
proved themselves to be infinitely more credible.

Really ?

I saw and heard the Iraqi Doctor and Nurse (as well as PFC Lynch). He
was quite clear, he made NO examination for sexual assault. Do you
think that is important?

As PFC Lynch is quite clear about not remembering anything from the time
of the crash to waking up in the hospital... How can she have
credibility on something she can not recall ? In fact, she states that
she hopes she will never recall that period.

There was no need for the US troops to kick down
all the
doors in the hospital. To be fair, I suppose it is better to be safe
than
sorry.

What was the basement in this hospital being used for ?

Good question. I don't doubt that propaganda reports would be trying to claim
that
their were arms hidden in it. Given the proven lack of credibility of the
army's
version of the story I give that report as much credit as it may be
worth...none.

Then you didn't see video of the basement with boxes of ammo or hear the
hospital staff saying that the basement was being used as a military HQ.

OK, what is the 'gross incompetence' ?

They were lost. Her gun was jammed.

Interesting definition, I wonder if you hold yourself to that same
standard.

jay
Thu, Nov 13, 2003

Old November 13th, 2003, 08:59 PM
Bjorn Olsson

Deep Freud Moors wrote in message . ..
On 13 Nov 2003 02:23:04 -0800, (Bjorn Olsson) wrote:

Deep Freud Moors wrote in message . ..
On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 21:23:30 GMT,
(Miguel Cruz) wrote:

Dave Smith wrote:
That may be true, but I was responding to the suggestion that there was
absolutely no risk to travel in Egypt. Personally, I would not consider
travelling anywhere in the middle east until those people grow up and
learn to get along.

It's your choice, of course, but you're missing out. My recollections of
many trips to the middle east are of overwhelming hospitality, fascinating
cities, wonderful food, mesmerizing exoticism, great bargains, and a
liberating perception of absolute personal safety (due to the total lack of
crime) unlike what you can feel in the "west" except maybe in small-town New
Zealand.

You mean crime and terrorism are not the norm in the middle east? That
box in the corner of my loungeroom has been misleading me...

Of course it has. That box tells you whenever a bomb goes off
anywhere, but it never tells you that a bomb has not gone off
somewhere. Don't you think that is biased reporting?

The Jessica Lynch story could have been filmed in a studio. The
coverage was superb! Never mind the facts when you can make a heroine
out of an incompetent, unfortunate teenager.

But hey, if you can't trust the media, who can you trust?

Why would you want to trust anyone?

Bjorn