world's worst tourists

Old October 7th, 2003, 10:43 PM
Miguel Cruz

Default world's worst tourists

@X. wrote:
fj wrote:
Singaporians, without a doubt.
Talk loudly in their sing song voices.

Funny you mentioned that. I noticed this for the first time when on my
last flight home from Asia. I was on a EVA air flight that also had a
large group of Singaporians. They wouldn't sit down. Talked loudly the
whole trip when everyone else was trying to sleep

I recently was on a flight with a bunch of Singaporeans, mostly married
couples, all about twice my age. They talked a lot. I started talking with
them and we had a great time. Drinking beers, chatting and laughing was a
whole lot more fun than watching a movie.

miguel
Site remodeled 10-Sept-2003: Hundreds of new photos, easier navigation.
Old October 7th, 2003, 11:23 PM
Daniel Bowen

"Blackden" wrote in message
m...
Brits were judged the least welcome tourists in an Expedia survey this
summer, but European stereotypes of the Ugly American tourist are
still common, and Israeli and Australian tourists are often said to
match the British for rudeness and drunken misbehaviour respectively.
Does anyone have any anecdotes relating to this? Who *are* the world's
worst tourists?

I am! It's me!

(not really)

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia
dbowen at custard dot net dot au

Old October 8th, 2003, 08:50 AM
Reid©

Following up to Keith Anderson

Pretty much any nationality travelling in a big organised group, where
they hang their brains up like their coats as soon as they meet the
tour leader. "Haha, we'll be looked after and have our arses/asses
wiped for us. Responsibility ends here!" The herd mentality then takes
over.

good answer, same goes for any destination swamped with tourists
on package tours from one country.
--
Mike Reid
"Art is the lie that reveals the truth" P.Picasso
Old October 8th, 2003, 01:53 PM
ncurtis

"Daniel Bowen" wrote in message ...
"Blackden" wrote in message
m...
Who *are* the world's worst tourists?

I am! It's me!

No, Daniel, it's SHEEP! On a TORTURE SHIP! [begins to froth at mouth...]

Nancy