Need cheap ticket HK-Seoul

Old April 11th, 2008, 09:45 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
[email protected]

Default Need cheap ticket HK-Seoul

I need to buy a cheap ticeket but I am in NY USA. any suggestions?
best
DoctorJ
Old April 11th, 2008, 10:40 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
PeterL

On Apr 11, 1:45*pm, wrote:
I need to buy a cheap ticeket but I am in NY USA. any suggestions?
best
DoctorJ

Are you going to HK yourself, then fly to Seoul? If so you may want
to check out Cathay Pacific All Asia Pass. For one price you fly to
HK and can travel to several other Asian cities, including Seoul.
Old April 11th, 2008, 10:43 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Steve Cain

wrote in message
news
I need to buy a cheap ticeket but I am in NY USA. any suggestions?
best
DoctorJ

I'd go to www.cathaypacific.com and in the upper right hand corner pick
"chinese-english" which will give you the Hong Kong website.

If you have some air miles with a domestic carrier I'd explore that carrier
hooking you up with one of their partners that flies that route. I did
Narita/Shanghai in January on China Air courtesy Mileage Plus arranged by
United. Paper tickets were required in that case so there was a 10 day
lag....why so long I don't know. Just an idea. s

Old April 11th, 2008, 10:54 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Steve Cain

"PeterL" wrote in message
On Apr 11, 1:45 pm, wrote:
I need to buy a cheap ticeket but I am in NY USA. any suggestions?
best
DoctorJ

An alternative to using award miles is to take a look at
www.cathaypacific.com and select their "chinese-english" site at the top
right of the home page. This Hong Kong based website will have from time
to time any number of hot deals which may or may not be helpful for your
window of time. If the price is right the purchase of an "eticket" is a no
brainer.
Regards, s

Old April 13th, 2008, 09:00 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Gerald Oliver Swift

wrote in message
news
I need to buy a cheap ticeket but I am in NY USA. any suggestions?

Air India is your best bet. They fly non-stop on Mon/Tue/Thur/Fri.
There are no low cost carriers (LCC) operating that route.
The other Asian legacy carriers run a cartel, charging something like USD
650 one-way for a 1,300 mile flight, which is absolutely scandalous.
If an Asian LCC did operate that route, the flight would probably be in the
region of USD 100.

Regards

Gerry