Brussels & Ethiopian Airlines work together

Old June 17th, 2008, 09:55 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.africa,rec.travel.europe
CobusGrobler

Default Brussels & Ethiopian Airlines work together

http://www.flandersnews.be/cm/de.red...%2526Ethiopian

Brussels & Ethiopian Airlines work together
(AP)
Tue 17/06/08 11:15 - The Belgian flag carrier Brussels Airlines has
entered into a code share agreement with Ethiopian Airlines.
Specifically this means that Brussels Airlines will sell tickets for
flights between Brussels and the Ethiopian capital Addis Ababa.

Ethiopian Airlines has daily flights between Brussels and Addis Ababa.
From June 17 Brussels Airlines passengers will be able to fly
Ethiopian Airlines to Addis Ababa. From there people can fly to other
destinations in Africa, or elsewhere in Ethiopia.

Until now Ethiopia was not included in the African destinations on
offer by Brussels Airlines. The cooperation accord will give
travellers better connectivity and a broad range of services between
Europe and Africa.
Old June 17th, 2008, 10:58 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.africa,rec.travel.europe
Gerald Oliver Swift

"CobusGrobler" wrote in message
http://www.flandersnews.be/cm/de.red...%2526Ethiopian

Until now Ethiopia was not included in the African destinations on
offer by Brussels Airlines. The cooperation accord will give
travellers better connectivity and a broad range of services between
Europe and Africa.

Yes, I can see all us Europeans flying down to Addis before not too long for
an all-inclusive.

Gerry

Old June 18th, 2008, 12:54 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.africa,rec.travel.europe
John Kulp

On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 17:36:10 -0500, "TMOliver"
wrote:

"Gerald Oliver Swift" wrote ...

"CobusGrobler" wrote ...

Until now Ethiopia was not included in the African destinations on
offer by Brussels Airlines. The cooperation accord will give
travellers better connectivity and a broad range of services between
Europe and Africa.

Yes, I can see all us Europeans flying down to Addis before not too long
for an all-inclusive.

Once, so long ago that I could count it among the halcyon days of my youth,
my travels, unwitting and almost unwilling, took me to Asmara, a veritable
fistula in the earth's fundament and Addis, compared to Asmara a pleasure
palace, but sort of like a Mexican Border town might have been in 1896 or
so....

You were in ASA huh?

No matter how easy or how cheap the fare, even in the front of the plane,
I'll pass on the Brussels/Addis link, even FFT, and find Ethiopian
restaurants in DC, if my appetites can't otherwise be stilled.

TMO

Old June 18th, 2008, 09:01 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.africa,rec.travel.europe
Jack Campin - bogus address

Until now Ethiopia was not included in the African destinations on
offer by Brussels Airlines. The cooperation accord will give
travellers better connectivity and a broad range of services between
Europe and Africa.

Yes, I can see all us Europeans flying down to Addis before not too long
for an all-inclusive.

I'd go like a shot. Lalibela is one of the most amazing places on earth.

Friends of mine have lived there and know the place well. They say it's
easy to travel round once you get there as the domestic airline is very
good (one of the best safety records of any). You may end up riding as
supercargo with a load of qat, but you'll get there.

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====
Old June 18th, 2008, 03:09 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.africa,rec.travel.europe
Pat Anderson

In message , Jack
Campin - bogus address writes
Until now Ethiopia was not included in the African destinations on
offer by Brussels Airlines. The cooperation accord will give
travellers better connectivity and a broad range of services between
Europe and Africa.

Yes, I can see all us Europeans flying down to Addis before not too long
for an all-inclusive.

I'd go like a shot. Lalibela is one of the most amazing places on earth.

Friends of mine have lived there and know the place well. They say it's
easy to travel round once you get there as the domestic airline is very
good (one of the best safety records of any). You may end up riding as
supercargo with a load of qat, but you'll get there.

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====

Thanks Jack for the positive feedback, I haven`t been there myself but
whilst living in Kenya I had some Ethiopian friends and of course
we`ve seen some of the wonders of Lalibela and Axum on documentaries. As
for the qat or khat, that is still coming into Britain in cargo planes
but for the Somali community I believe.
Pat.
--
Pat Anderson
Old June 18th, 2008, 06:06 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.africa,rec.travel.europe
John Kulp

On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 10:09:06 -0500, "TMOliver"
wrote:

"John Kulp" wrote...

You were in ASA huh?

No, just passing through, courtesy of the days when the Defense Department
had flights to nearly everywhere, and the Navy would save buying a
commercial ticket by filling empty seats. Sometimes, it might take several
days to get to a destination. Occasionally, you might not get there at all.

Interesting. I was in ASA and had several friends who were stationed
in Asmara, who were the only ones that I have ever heard before you
that ever went there,

The US had a COMMSTA in Asmara, an ear listening to a part of the world hard
to hear otherwise, and heard less well today than even then. The one in
Morocco was reputed to be far nicer and in more civilized surroundings,
unlike Asmara where the rural locals carried rather nasty spears, since
upgraded to AK47s.

There were a number of ASA stations, including embassies, that were a
lot nicer than Asmara, but, then, nature determines the ionospheric
bounces.