Driving cross country with expired tags - how to avoid police?

Old July 26th, 2006, 11:44 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Sapphyre

Default Driving cross country with expired tags - how to avoid police?

I just looked that up, and that's almost unbelieveable (since there are
highways and towns to pass through to give one an indication they are
going the wrong way). I pressume they got lost trying to find their way
back? The way I see it, if I didn't see things I'd seen on the way
down, I'd figure I was going the wrong way. But I'm no brainiac on the
road, I've gotten lost on poorly marked roads that were not on my map
(or I didn't know which regional road I was on, which I was crossing,
and there were no landmarkers.) I always figure if I stay on the road
I'm lost on, I can't get more lost, I can just waste time and turn
around and go back the way I came. If I keep making turns, I can get
more lost.

The most lost I've been is 30 miles outside of where I live. I tend to
be less brave while travelling and not wander off onto unmarked roads
trying to find stuff without the appropriate map.

S.

On 2006-07-25 08:15:18 -0400, gel said:

I think if you stay in the States you will eventually get a fine.
But make sure you do not make it far North by mistake.
In Edmonton,Alberta their has been a few times where cops repeatedly
tasered people for similar situation as you are.They tasered one fellow
over 10 times .They try to hurt him severely.
In another occasion they beated the guy and charge him with 4 offences.

Here we go again. Don't you have anything better to do with your life
than to trash Edmonton?

This guy was driving from DC to Louisiana. In which of your alternate
universes does that take him anywhere near Canada, let alone Edmonton?

Never underestimate the ability of American motorists to get lost.

(the remainder of this post may require a map of Wisconsin

One morning in the mid-1970s, my little brother's grade school class
left Milwaukee to go on a field trip to the Wisconsin state capitol in
Madison 80 miles away. We were quite worried when it was more than 2
hours after they were supposed to be home, and no sign of the bus.

Then, the chaperone called the school. They'd made a wrong turn on
US-18. And didn't notice until they saw the sign:

"Welcome to Iowa"

--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66

Old July 26th, 2006, 11:48 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Maxx

gel wrote:

First of all, I wasn't talking to you.

Maxx i find you are a poor guy. I find you are ignorant and you go on
newsgroup just to put others down.

Every single one of your posts is a put down.

You have tunnel vision and if you think you have friends i would not
want to associate with you.

Thank you

So Maxx i do not respect you and i am not the first to reply top you.
So buzz off corrupted Bush alike .
Go start your own newsthread and i wont post on your newsthread as i
think of you as a guy that already protects brutality,lies, and
hypocrysy.
You are sure a hypocryte and a bigot.
Hey! life is a two way street bigot.

You poor pathatic loser.
How about, the next time I'm in Edmonton, I'll stop by and take you out
for ice cream.

Old July 26th, 2006, 11:49 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Maxx

On 2006-07-25 22:52:41 -0400, gel said:

Maxx i find you are a poor guy. I find you are ignorant and you go on
newsgroup just to put others down. You have tunnel vision and if you
think you have friends i would not
want to associate with you.

Talk about tunnel vision! I think yours must be approximately the
diameter of a mole hole, since you seem obsessed most of lhe time with
nothing but the injustices Edmonton has heaped upon you.

So Maxx i do not respect you and i am not the first to reply top you.

Or bottom him either, maybe?

So buzz off corrupted Bush alike .

HUHHH?

Go start your own newsthread and i wont post on your newsthread as i
think of you as a guy that already protects brutality,lies, and
hypocrysy.
You are sure a hypocryte and a bigot.
Hey! life is a two way street bigot.

POT = KETTLE = BLACK

The poor guy just needs a hug.

Old July 27th, 2006, 02:41 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Maxx

gel wrote:

Anyway the original poster wanted to know about alternate routes he
could take to avoid cops .

And you told him to avoid Edmonton. Good God!!!!! Did you really
think that he would drive 4,000 miles out of his way?

I do not know much about the interstates.Although the story about the
Texas troopers is true.

You have no idea what Texas Troopers are like.

I wonder how the roads are in New Orleans. Were the roads badly
damage by hurrican Katrina?

Yeah, you have to go to Edmonton to get around the bad roods.
cheesh

Old July 27th, 2006, 02:42 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
sechumlib

sechumlib wrote:
On 2006-07-25 22:52:41 -0400, gel said:

[...]

Well, don't expect ME to give him one.

Old July 27th, 2006, 03:31 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Maxx

On 2006-07-26 18:49:44 -0400, "Maxx" said:

POT = KETTLE = BLACK

The poor guy just needs a hug.

Well, don't expect ME to give him one.

Where's your Usenet loyality? Ya know - Help out a fellow poster in
need. grin

Old July 27th, 2006, 04:07 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
gel[_2_]

you seem to be vague...
The lives camears sites you provide is no more than a novelty with not
much real use to it.

--
Sent via Travel Newsgroups
http://www.travelnewsgroups.com
Old July 27th, 2006, 04:10 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
gel[_2_]

And Alberta .I do not like the way that province is run.It is said that
it is run by the "little mafia" .The "little mafia" is a group of oil
lobbyists and rich influencial people that used the alcoholic premier
as a upfront man.

Old July 27th, 2006, 04:14 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
gel[_2_]

i guess you might be from New-York and you voted for Bush.
When the Bush's are in power the price of gazolines hits record high.
It will cost a lot in fuel cost to drive to Louisiana.

Old July 27th, 2006, 04:19 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
gel[_2_]

Oh! you have knowledge of Edmonton but you refuse to write about
Edmonton.
You are a liar ,You wrote the slanders to me.
In Edmonton bigots like you feels home.