Driving cross country with expired tags - how to avoid police?

Old July 29th, 2006, 06:23 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
gel[_2_]

Default Driving cross country with expired tags - how to avoid police?

I have no respect for you ''sechumlib". i do not care if you write
without spelling mistakes for me you heve no brain.

--
Sent via Travel Newsgroups
http://www.travelnewsgroups.com
Old July 29th, 2006, 08:22 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
sechumlib

On 2006-07-29 13:23:06 -0400, gel said:

I have no respect for you ''sechumlib". i do not care if you write
without spelling mistakes for me you heve no brain.

I don't give a **** for you either, and you DEFINITELY have no brain -
or at least you keep it well hidden.

Old July 30th, 2006, 12:06 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,misc.transport.road
Hatunen

On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 01:49:17 -0400, Larry Harvilla
wrote:

What both of you have just commented on here is the inherent non-safety
of split car/truck speed limits. If trucks were allowed to go 70, or
frankly even 65, you wouldn't have such a huge range between minimum and
maximum actual speeds; trucks wouldn't take so long to complete passes,
meaning you would have more freedom to pass in the left lane; and it is
possible Caltrans could get away with delaying any kind of widening
project for another few years. You would be surprised how big the effect
of the split speed limits really is.

Trucks and cars can both go 75mph on Arizona freeways, and on
two-lane freeways that can be pretty scarey, too, especially when
the trucks seem to out-number the cars (on I-10).

Old July 30th, 2006, 12:08 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,misc.transport.road
Hatunen

On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 08:53:31 -0400, Dave Smith
wrote:

Larry Harvilla wrote:

What both of you have just commented on here is the inherent non-safety
of split car/truck speed limits. If trucks were allowed to go 70, or
frankly even 65, you wouldn't have such a huge range between minimum and
maximum actual speeds; trucks wouldn't take so long to complete passes,
meaning you would have more freedom to pass in the left lane; and it is
possible Caltrans could get away with delaying any kind of widening
project for another few years. You would be surprised how big the effect
of the split speed limits really is.

There is an inherent safety problem with split speed limits, but that is
because of poor driving skills. They can work. there are no speed limits for
cars on most of the German autobahns system. Trucks are limited to 90 kph and
there is no passing allowed in the right. I drove from the north of Germany
all the way to the south and then back up half way and across to France, more
than 1200 miles, and never saw a single accident. I was travelling at about
165 kph all the way, sticking to the middle lane. I was being passed by cars
that were doing almost double that speed.

I've not seen an accident on I-5 either, and I've driven it a
number of times, not just once like you did on the Aautobahn. I'm
not sure what the fact that we haven't seen accidents proves.

Old July 30th, 2006, 12:21 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,misc.transport.road
Carole Allen[_1_]

On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 10:05:28 -0700, Hatunen wrote:
Pasco has traffic? (I used to live in Pasco-Richland-Kennewick).

Only the last weekend in July when the hydroplanes roll into town!
Old July 30th, 2006, 12:30 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,misc.transport.road
Dave Smith

Hatunen wrote:

There is an inherent safety problem with split speed limits, but that is
because of poor driving skills. They can work. there are no speed limits for
cars on most of the German autobahns system. Trucks are limited to 90 kph and
there is no passing allowed in the right. I drove from the north of Germany
all the way to the south and then back up half way and across to France, more
than 1200 miles, and never saw a single accident. I was travelling at about
165 kph all the way, sticking to the middle lane. I was being passed by cars
that were doing almost double that speed.

I've not seen an accident on I-5 either, and I've driven it a
number of times, not just once like you did on the Aautobahn. I'm
not sure what the fact that we haven't seen accidents proves.

Actually, I have been on it more than once. I am not sure that it proves
anything, since it is possible that the 3 days that I was driving on the autobahn
on that first trip could possibly have been the first and only time it was
accident free. It's just that if I drive 100 miles on one of our highways I am
pretty well guaranteed to see some sort of an accident.

Old July 30th, 2006, 12:59 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,misc.transport.road
Hatunen

On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 19:30:01 -0400, Dave Smith
wrote:

Hatunen wrote:

[...]

I suspect the Germans are simply much better at removing
accidents.

Old July 30th, 2006, 01:59 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Maxx

On 2006-07-28 23:19:18 -0400, gel said:

And i hope the mistakes on purpose in the last message will make your
crap turn you into a little mafia member .I hope the fuel cost will be too
high so that the killers you send after me gives up. And with your
directions they won't end up in Louisiana.
Your last message would make any crappy bigot proud.

Here comes the 3-year-old again.

His entertainment value increases with every post.

Do you remember "trauth"? "trauth" = "gel" - same style, without a
doubt.

Old July 30th, 2006, 02:43 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
sechumlib

On 2006-07-28 23:19:18 -0400, gel said:

And i hope the mistakes on purpose in the last message will make your
crap turn you into a little mafia member .I hope the fuel cost will be too
high so that the killers you send after me gives up. And with your
directions they won't end up in Louisiana.
Your last message would make any crappy bigot proud.

Here comes the 3-year-old again.

His entertainment value increases with every post.

Do you remember "trauth"? "trauth" = "gel" - same style, without a
doubt.

Yup, I noticed.

And his present pastime seems to be to drift into other subjects,
putting us, he hopes, off guard for when he next starts jabbing at
Edmonton. But it will be just as unhelpful, unintelligent and
illiterate when he does that next, as it was the last time.

Old July 30th, 2006, 02:48 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Maxx

gel wrote:
I have no respect for you ''sechumlib".

I'm sure sechumlib is sobbing in his corn flakes right now.

i do not care if you write
without spelling mistakes for me you heve no brain.

Why would anyone seek respect from an illiterate dumb-ass.