cab far yvr - downtown vancouver

Old July 8th, 2006, 01:22 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

Default cab far yvr - downtown vancouver

Can anyone tell me how much a cab should cost from Vancouver airport to
downtown vancouver? We are actually staying at the marriot pinnacle
downtown...

thanks in advance

Old July 8th, 2006, 03:25 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Skookum

In heavy traffic times (7 a.m. to 9 a.m. and 3:30-6 pm), probably
around $26-28 (Canadian). At other times, $22-24. Not counting tip, of
course.

Old July 8th, 2006, 09:21 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
yeosmyth

wrote:
Can anyone tell me how much a cab should cost from Vancouver airport to
downtown vancouver? We are actually staying at the marriot pinnacle
downtown...

thanks in advance

I'd suggest the Airporter
http://www.yvrairporter.com/

reasonably priced- usually to your door

Old July 8th, 2006, 11:57 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Michael

yeosmyth wrote:

I'd suggest the Airporter

http://www.yvrairporter.com/

reasonably priced- usually to your door

If this is the bus I used last year (and there only seemed to be one)
it spend a *long* time crawling around the downtown area stopping off
at various hotels - I was one of the unlucky people who had to wait
quite a while.

However given the difference to the cab fare I'd use it again.

Old July 9th, 2006, 02:08 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Bob Gardner

CBUT did a bit recently about the comparative shortage of cabs in Vancouver
compared to other cities. Established businesses do not want any
competition, and they apparently do not want to buy more vehicles, either,
The city fathers are mulling over a solution.

Bob Gardner

"Michael" wrote in message
ups.com...

Old July 10th, 2006, 07:36 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Király[_1_]

If you want to go REALLY cheap you can take public transit. Bus 424 from
the domestic arrivals terminal to Airport Station, then bus 98 to
downtown, which stops within two blocks of the Marriott Pinnacle. Total
fa $3.25, or $2.25 evenings/weekends/holidays.

K.
Old July 10th, 2006, 09:01 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
yeosmyth

Király wrote:
If you want to go REALLY cheap you can take public transit. Bus 424 from
the domestic arrivals terminal to Airport Station, then bus 98 to
downtown, which stops within two blocks of the Marriott Pinnacle. Total
fa $3.25, or $2.25 evenings/weekends/holidays.

K.

Thought about this myself actually- Does the 98 bus stop reasonably
close to Beach and Hornby? I need to get to the Meridian at Beach but
dont want to fumble too much with suitcases. Do you think public
transit si "doable"?
Cheers
Steve

Old July 11th, 2006, 06:08 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Király[_1_]

yeosmyth wrote:
Thought about this myself actually- Does the 98 bus stop reasonably
close to Beach and Hornby? I need to get to the Meridian at Beach but
dont want to fumble too much with suitcases. Do you think public
transit si "doable"?
Cheers
Steve

Not really. Closest 98 stop is about 6 blocks away. You could hoof it
for 3 blocks and catch another bus for the next 3. I'd take a cab if I
had luggage.

K.