1 month in Australia

Old May 7th, 2008, 12:50 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Lotten

Default 1 month in Australia

Hi! I will be travelling in Australia for 1 month. Any suggestion
about where to go?
Old May 7th, 2008, 04:59 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Clemens

when ?

Traveling in Australia depends on the saison.

In Australian winter go to north, in Australian summer go to south. Pay
attention on rain/monsum in May.

Old May 7th, 2008, 07:41 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Dick Adams[_2_]

Lotten wrote:

Hi! I will be travelling in Australia for 1 month.
Any suggestion about where to go?

It depends on what you like. I spent two weeks in
OZ last December. Since I'm a Mead guy, I drove
from Perth to Manilla, NSW to visit meaderies.

What kind a guy are you? That's important. My
childbride is a history girl. So when we went
to Toronto, we did museums, libraries, and
universities. If she had come with me to OZ,
we would have needed two months to stop at all
the places she would have wanted to see.

I drove across the Nullarbor. Maybe you can too.
But do NOT drive at night cause that's when the
Roos come out.

Everyplace we stopped was a nice place. People
are super friendly. The major problem is if
English is your native tongue, you may have a
problem understanding what they say. They are
not as bad as Cockneys nor as bad as northern
Scots, but it is difficult. Two countries
separated by a common language.

In the States, you can get a meal in a pub
from 10am to 10pm and later. That is not
the case in many pubs in OZ.

Feel free to post here or to e-mail me for
more ideas. But please tell us what interests
you.

Dick
Old May 10th, 2008, 08:53 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Rudy[_1_]

Tasmania...needs at least 4 days..fly over & rent a car

Old May 17th, 2008, 03:53 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Runge11

go east and west
and north and south