Dining out in Manhattan NYC

Old November 16th, 2009, 08:39 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Qanset

Default Dining out in Manhattan NYC

Can anybody recommend any cheap or good cafe's, etc in this area.
(Prefer self service so we can save money on tips).
Old November 16th, 2009, 06:36 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
singlemalt

In general, I was told one time to eat at the "diners" for breakfast and I
would assume for inexpensive meals otw.

"Shawn Hirn" wrote in message
In article ,
Qanset wrote:

Can anybody recommend any cheap or good cafe's, etc in this area.
(Prefer self service so we can save money on tips).

Please be more specific. Manhattan is fairly large. Which area? Soho,
Upper West Side, etc.? What kind of cuisine? Italian, Chinese, American,
etc.? If you want self-service, there are tons of fast food places and
numerous small grocery stores where you can buy bread, cheese, snacks,
drinks, etc. in practically every area of Manhattan.

Old November 17th, 2009, 10:06 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Qanset

singlemalt wrote:
In general, I was told one time to eat at the "diners" for breakfast and I
would assume for inexpensive meals otw.

"Shawn Hirn" wrote in message
In article ,
Qanset wrote:

Can anybody recommend any cheap or good cafe's, etc in this area.
(Prefer self service so we can save money on tips).

Please be more specific. Manhattan is fairly large. Which area? Soho,
Upper West Side, etc.? What kind of cuisine? Italian, Chinese, American,
etc.? If you want self-service, there are tons of fast food places and
numerous small grocery stores where you can buy bread, cheese, snacks,
drinks, etc. in practically every area of Manhattan.

We are staying at The Crowne Plaza for 3 nites followed by 2 nites
at the Skyline Hotel, Presumably near 42nd street. Its been 30 years
since I have been in NYC.
Old November 17th, 2009, 07:56 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
JamesStep

cheap or good cafe's, etc in this area.

Perhaps someone here will have some suggestions, but you might want to
just ask the concierge or front desk clerk at your hotel. I'm sure
they're asked that question all the time.

James