Italy Hotel Prices. . .

Old December 18th, 2004, 05:33 AM
Douglas W. Hoyt

(People jump down your throat on these boards and that's why you only
see posts from the same handful of people.)

I'm so inured to this and well defended that I hardly feel like a person at
all.

Old December 18th, 2004, 07:14 AM
Luca Logi

Enzo Lombard-Quintero wrote:

Is there a good
online source for directory assistance, and if not, does int'l directory
enquiries through regular phones cost?

http://www.paginebianche.it/index.html

--
Luca Logi - Firenze - Italy e-mail:
Home page:

Old December 18th, 2004, 09:24 AM
Enzo Lombard-Quintero

exactly what I was looking for!! Thanks so much!!

in article , Luca Logi at

Old December 18th, 2004, 11:03 AM
B Vaughan

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 18:28:13 -0600, "Douglas W. Hoyt"
wrote:

In Rome, hotel prices are often lower in August than they are in
September/October.

That's true--it depends on the market and
tourist-clientele/business-clientele patterns (and the business clientele
drops off in Rome in August). But one thing's for sure--in Italy in summer
I wouldn't stay anywhere but a 3-star or higher (for the a/c) and at other
times you could far more easily survive in a one- or two-star.

Some 2-stars have air conditioning. The Arenula, in Rome, for example,
is 2-star because it doesn't have a lift, but it does have air
conditioning. The star system requires that a hotel have every item on
the checklist for its category.

--
Barbara Vaughan
My email address is my first initial followed by my surname at libero dot it

Old December 18th, 2004, 11:09 AM
Icono Clast

Enzo Lombard-Quintero wrote:
Yah!! I'm with you. We're from SF, where it is never more than 75
degrees,

"SF"? San Fernando, perhaps?

In San Francisco, many record temperatures are above 75°F and those are
just the record highs, not the many other days when it's warmer than
what you say "it is never more than". You should either avoid
abbreviations, saying "never", or spewing mis-information. Further, if
"SF" is San Francisco, I don't believe you're one of us as none of us
could possibly have said what you did.

Some record high temperatures in San Francisco (most measured at Duboce
Park (~37.77°N 122.43°W, Altitude: ~22m/72') or nearby Mission Dolores):
77°F March 19, 2001
78°F March 8, 1892
79°F March 9, 1916
79°F March 9, 2004
81°F March 10, 1934
81°F March 10, 2004
81°F March 11, 2004
82°F March 8, 2004
82°F March 15, 2004
89°F August 24, 2003
91°F April 26, 2004
92°F October 26, 2002
97°F June 26, 2003
99°F July 30, 1995
One of (as of 2003) 751,682 residents of San Francisco
http://geocities.com/dancefest/ http://geocities.com/iconoc/
ICQ: http://wwp.mirabilis.com/19098103 IClast at SFbay Net