Top 10 Caribbean island destinations

Old October 11th, 2007, 10:06 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada,uk.railway,rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.air
[email protected]

Default Top 10 Caribbean island destinations

See the most popular Caribbean island destinations

http://tropical-destinations.blogspot.com/

Old October 11th, 2007, 10:16 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada,uk.railway,rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.air
Uncle Peter

wrote in message
ups.com...
See the most popular Caribbean island destinations

http://tropical-destinations.blogspot.com/

I'd suspect the "popularity" ranking might be influenced by the
number of ships and passengers that travel to those ports.

I'd rank St. Lucia as one of the most beautiful islands in the
southern Caribbean, and it isn't even mentioned on that top
10.. Perhaps because it is too far south for most seven
day cruises??

Pete

Old October 11th, 2007, 10:39 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada,uk.railway,rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.air
[email protected]

On Oct 11, 5:32 pm, "clint" wrote:
What about Freeort?"Uncle Peter" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
See the most popular Caribbean island destinations

http://tropical-destinations.blogspot.com/

I'd suspect the "popularity" ranking might be influenced by the
number of ships and passengers that travel to those ports.

I'd rank St. Lucia as one of the most beautiful islands in the
southern Caribbean, and it isn't even mentioned on that top
10.. Perhaps because it is too far south for most seven
day cruises??

Pete- Hide quoted text -

St. maarten/St. Maarten and St. Barts are the best vacation spots in
the Caribbean. I give them the Jewel of the Caribbean status.

GovernessJoy
http://destinations123.blogspot.com

Old October 11th, 2007, 11:49 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada,uk.railway,rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.air
Lennart Petersen

"Uncle Peter" skrev i meddelandet

wrote in message
ups.com...
See the most popular Caribbean island destinations

http://tropical-destinations.blogspot.com/

I'd suspect the "popularity" ranking might be influenced by the
number of ships and passengers that travel to those ports.

I'd rank St. Lucia as one of the most beautiful islands in the
southern Caribbean, and it isn't even mentioned on that top
10.. Perhaps because it is too far south for most seven
day cruises??
Pete

I can't but second St.Lucia as being one of the most interesting Caribbean
islands but perhaps I would rank Dominica to be number one because of its
more unspoiled nature.

Old October 12th, 2007, 01:00 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada,uk.railway,rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.air
clint

To many caribean ports are just palm tress and rude coulereds, the cow and I
just stay and drink and do the dirty in the hot tubs(and we are both
seniors)
"Lennart Petersen" wrote in message

"Uncle Peter" skrev i meddelandet

ups.com...

Old October 12th, 2007, 03:21 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada,uk.railway,rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.air
mrtravel[_3_]

clint wrote:

To many caribean ports are just palm tress and rude coulereds, the cow and I
just stay and drink and do the dirty in the hot tubs(and we are both
seniors)

You go to the "caribean" to use HOT tubs?
Why don't you just get a hot tub for the trailer?
Old October 12th, 2007, 01:46 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada,uk.railway,rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.air
mdm

On Oct 11, 5:06 pm, wrote:
See the most popular Caribbean island destinations

http://tropical-destinations.blogspot.com/

I don't agree with this list at all - there is no way Puerto Rico and
Bahamas rank at the very top. Also, there is absolutely no way St.
Lucia and St. Kitts aren't on the list and don't rank at the top!
This list is just composed of top TOURIST destinations, not the really
beautiful islands (except for Barbados and Jamaica - they're
breathtaking).

Old October 12th, 2007, 02:16 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada,uk.railway,rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.air
Jr.[_2_]

"mdm" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Oct 11, 5:06 pm, wrote:
See the most popular Caribbean island destinations

http://tropical-destinations.blogspot.com/

I don't agree with this list at all - there is no way Puerto Rico and
Bahamas rank at the very top. Also, there is absolutely no way St.
Lucia and St. Kitts aren't on the list and don't rank at the top!
This list is just composed of top TOURIST destinations, not the really
beautiful islands (except for Barbados and Jamaica - they're
breathtaking).

Puerto Rico and Bahamas rank at the top because they are the two places the
"Caribbean tourists" either go to or stay at.
There are so many "cruises" to the Bahamas that dump you off in Nassau for 3
days that it seems those people love it because they have never been
anywhere else.
To rank Puerto Rico number one is just wrong. The people are obnoxious and
there is not a lot to see. We stayed there over night waiting for a cruise
and it was terrible.
I was mad because on our direct flight from Midway to San Juan the people
actually cheered and applauded when we landed on the runway in San Juan.
Sounds racist but if they love Puerto Rico that much they should stay there.
I could just see the reaction if we had cheered and applauded when we
arrived back in Chicago.

Old October 12th, 2007, 02:32 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

"Jr." wrote in message
m...

"mdm" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Oct 11, 5:06 pm, wrote:
[...]

I've been going to Puerto Rico for many years on Business. Puerto Ricans
tend to applaud whenever the plane lands... whether it be Newark or
locally... more of a "thank you" for getting the plane down, and out of the
sky, type of applause.

As far as not a lot to see there... to each his own. I rather like Puerto
Rico.

--Tom