Canadian flag on the backback myth

Old June 1st, 2004, 02:42 PM
devil

Default Canadian flag on the backback myth

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 07:02:10 +0000, Stephen Green wrote:

Military doctrine holds true across armies of the world in order to extract
intallegence from POWs. Won't change!

Ever heard of some *Geneva agreements.*?

Which even the Nazis abeyed by BTW (at least on the Western front).
Old June 1st, 2004, 02:46 PM
Xomicron

devil wrote in
news
But no, Canadians typically don't approve of torturing prisoners.

Neither do Americans.
Old June 1st, 2004, 02:58 PM
gman99

But no, Canadians typically don't approve of torturing prisoners. Or
invading sovereign countries for apparently no sensible reason that one
can fathom.

Don't get too cocky there laddy...remember Rwanda ?? There were more than
one 'prisoner' tortured....our record isn't spotless on the issue. The
gov't screwed it up when they sent in the Airborne to do peace keeping
(entirely inappropriate)....
Old June 1st, 2004, 03:00 PM
nightjar

"Cam Newton" wrote in message
I have heard lots of stories of American's wearing Maple Leaf pins so
they won't get dissed for being American. Is this true?

I discovered a couple of days ago a very easy way to tell Americans from
Canadians (one guy from Mid-West USA had a very similar accent to the
Canadians). Tell them it was 35 degrees yesterday. If they think that is
hot, they are Canadian, if they think it is cold, they are American.

Colin Bignell

Old June 1st, 2004, 03:13 PM
Scott Willing

On 1 Jun 2004 04:38:58 GMT, Barney wrote:

Scott Willing had
writtennews:jmjnb097kbmhmg70qc45n9fsmrlska860i@4a x.com:

Sure it works... but if you flash your wealth around and shoot
your mouth off, people will assume that you're an American wearing
a Canadian flag and grab your tits anyway.

Sheesh.

-=s

Scott, you kill me. I'm dying laughing. Please let me use that for a
punch line. Jeez! I can't stop laughing!

Might be a little confusing out of context... but if it makes you
happy, who am I to spoil your fun?

-=s

Old June 1st, 2004, 03:20 PM
Xomicron

devil wrote in
news
On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 07:02:10 +0000, Stephen Green wrote:

Military doctrine holds true across armies of the world in order to
extract intallegence from POWs. Won't change!

Ever heard of some *Geneva agreements.*?

Which even the Nazis abeyed by BTW (at least on the Western front).

Terrorists aren't covered under the Geneva Convention.
Old June 1st, 2004, 03:25 PM
devil

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 05:26:44 +0000, Alan Pollock wrote:

In rec.travel.usa-canada devil wrote:
But no, Canadians typically don't approve of torturing prisoners.

I don't think any country that's been to war is completely guilt-free.

In Bosnia there were local accusations of beatings, rape and the sexual abuse
of a handicapped teenage girl by Canadian Peacekeepers. In Somalia a boy was
tortured and killed by Canadian Peacekeepers.

And so on. There are accounts of peacekeepers of other nationalities behaving
criminally as well (Italians, Pakistanis). All this from a couple of
google-minutes. What more would I have found in Ten minutes instead of Three?

Mixing up isolated incidents, quickly dealt with, and public policy?

Old June 1st, 2004, 03:26 PM
devil

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 09:20:02 -0500, Xomicron wrote:

devil wrote in
news
On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 07:02:10 +0000, Stephen Green wrote:

Military doctrine holds true across armies of the world in order to
extract intallegence from POWs. Won't change!

Ever heard of some *Geneva agreements.*?

Which even the Nazis abeyed by BTW (at least on the Western front).

Terrorists aren't covered under the Geneva Convention.

You trying to say that the Iraqis are right to kill as many US troops as
they can?

Old June 1st, 2004, 03:29 PM
devil

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 13:46:24 +0000, Xomicron wrote:

devil wrote in
news
But no, Canadians typically don't approve of torturing prisoners.

Neither do Americans.

You saying you don't approve of GW, Rummie and their torturing partners?

What do you think "failure of leadership means?"

"The buck bounces back all the way down to PFC Lynddie xxx."

"No Sir, we never explicitly ordered them to torture. Just looked the
other way and kept our mouth shut when they asked for confirmation."
Leadership for you, right?

Old June 1st, 2004, 06:26 PM
Madonna

Xomicron wrote:
is it from a deeper desire to make up for Canadian inferiority?

Nice troll.

Did you really need to cross-post this to alt.space*******s can.politics
and alt.nuke.the.usa ?