Travel with almost expired passport

Old December 31st, 2007, 01:18 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Cool Dude

Default Travel with almost expired passport

Hi, I am a permanent resident and want to travel to Kuwait for a week
in the end of February. I just looked at my passport to discover it
will expire in June. Will I have problems? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.
Old December 31st, 2007, 02:40 AM posted to rec.travel.air
LVTravel[_2_]

In all probability you will not be allowed admission to Kuwait in February.
Most countries require a minimum of 6 months on unexpired time on the
passport. You need to do an expedited renewal of the passport ASAP.

A quick Google search found this information

Kuwait » Passport Visa Requirements
Passport/Visa Passport Note
Married women and children may travel on the passport of their husband or
father.
Passports
Passport valid for at least six months required by all nationals referred to
in the chart above.
Visas
Required by all nationals referred to in the chart above.

Note: 1. Nationals of the EU (except nationals of Cyprus, Czech Republic,
Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Slovak Republic and
Slovenia), Australia, Canada and the USA can now obtain visas for entry into
Kuwait upon arrival at the port of entry.

Note: Nationals not referred to in the chart above are advised to contact
the embassy to check visa requirements (see Contact Addresses).
Types of Visa and Cost
Business, Visitor and Transit. Transit visas are not required provided
passengers continue their onward journey within eight hours, hold all
necessary documents for their onward journey and do not leave the airport.
The fee for a visa depends on the applicant's nationality. For UK nationals
the fees are as follows: Single-entry: £30 (for three months); £48 (for six
months). Multiple-entry: £66 (for six months); £75 (for one year); £96 (for
two years); £135 (for five years).
Validity
Depends on nationality and purpose of visit. Validity of the visa is usually
three months from date of issue. Enquire at consulate (or consular section
at embassy) for further details.
Applications to:
Consulate (or consular section at embassy); see Contact Addresses for
details.
Working Days Required
10.

Old December 31st, 2007, 04:25 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Rick Blaine

Cool Dude wrote:

Hi, I am a permanent resident and want to travel to Kuwait for a week
in the end of February. I just looked at my passport to discover it
will expire in June. Will I have problems? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

Most countries (including Kuwait) require that your passport be valid for 6
months past your visit. Will they waive that requirement? Depends on how lucky
you feel.

Depending on what country's passport you are travelling under, there should be
plenty of time to get an expedited renewal.
Old December 31st, 2007, 04:26 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Mr. Travel

Cool Dude wrote:

Hi, I am a permanent resident and want to travel to Kuwait for a week
in the end of February. I just looked at my passport to discover it
will expire in June. Will I have problems? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

Peramanet resident of where?

Contact the Kuwaiti consulate responsible for your country.
Old December 31st, 2007, 06:24 AM posted to rec.travel.air
JohnT[_3_]

"Cool Dude" wrote in message
Hi, I am a permanent resident and want to travel to Kuwait for a week
in the end of February. I just looked at my passport to discover it
will expire in June. Will I have problems? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

Of which Country are you are permanent resident? And of which Country are
you a Citizen?
--

JohnT

Old December 31st, 2007, 07:48 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Cool Dude

On Dec 31, 1:24*am, "JohnT" wrote:
"Cool Dude" wrote in message

Hi, I am a permanent resident and want to travel to Kuwait for a week
in the end of February. I just looked at my passport to discover it
will expire in June. Will I have problems? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

Of which Country are you are permanent resident? And of which Country are
you a Citizen?
--

JohnT

Thanks everyone for the help. I have a Jordan passport and a permanent
residence in the US.
Old December 31st, 2007, 09:09 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Binyamin Dissen

On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 23:48:53 -0800 (PST) Cool Dude wrote:

:On Dec 31, 1:24*am, "JohnT" wrote:
: "Cool Dude" wrote in message

: ...

: Hi, I am a permanent resident and want to travel to Kuwait for a week
: in the end of February. I just looked at my passport to discover it
: will expire in June. Will I have problems? Any help is appreciated.
: Thanks.

: Of which Country are you are permanent resident? And of which Country are
: you a Citizen?

:Thanks everyone for the help. I have a Jordan passport and a permanent
:residence in the US.

As you are not Jewish, you should not have any trouble traveling to Arab
countries.

--
Binyamin Dissen
http://www.dissensoftware.com

Old December 31st, 2007, 03:36 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Rog'

: "Cool Dude" wrote in message
: Hi, I am a permanent resident and want to travel to Kuwait for
: a week in the end of February. I just looked at my passport to
: discover it will expire in June. Will I have problems? Any help
: is appreciated.
:Thanks everyone for the help. I have a Jordan passport and a
: permanent residence in the US.

You may want to visit the website of the Jordanian embassy about
renewing your passport. There are instructions in Arabic.
http://www.jordanembassyus.org/new/c...passport.shtml

Old January 14th, 2008, 08:05 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Cool Dude

On Dec 31 2007, 10:36*am, "Rog'" wrote:
: "Cool Dude" wrote in message
: Hi, I am a permanent resident and want to travel to Kuwait for
: a week in the end of February. I just looked at my passport to
: discover it will expire in June. Will I have problems? Any help
: is appreciated.
:Thanks everyone for the help. I have a Jordan passport and a
: permanent residence in the US.

You may want to visit the website of the Jordanian embassy about
renewing your passport. *There are instructions in Arabic.http://www.jordanembassyus.org/new/c...passport.shtml

It would take a lot of time. I secured a visa for Kuwait and getting
there is not a problem. But my question now is that the passport I
have (Jordanian) will expire on June 2nd, 2008 and it is a non-machine
readable. My visit will be from February 6- 16 of next month. Will I
have a problem being admitted to the US? Thanks for the help. I heard
that the passport has to be machine-readable.
Old January 15th, 2008, 06:12 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Mr. Travel

: "Cool Dude" wrote in message
[...]

You are a permanent resident. You should have no problem.