baggage fee

Old September 27th, 2008, 05:18 AM posted to rec.travel.air
mrtravel[_2_]

Default baggage fee

SMS wrote:

Timothy J. Lee wrote:

In article ,
SMS wrote:

I think most of the people going to the show from this area fly from
OAK or SJC, but I find those airports much more annoying than SFO.

You must be lucky to not encounter SFO's worse on-time record too often.

I guess so. Last four flights have been from SFO, and no delays. Fast,
cheap, parking (or take the train), fast security (the Clear card is a
waste of money for SFO, but not for SJC), and good airport food.

For me, it's a waste of money for SJC.
Out of terminal A, I used my AA Exec Platnimum card to go through the
Elite/First Class line.
Old September 27th, 2008, 09:54 AM posted to rec.travel.air
mrtravel[_2_]

jessica_smith_nyc wrote:
I would call the airline before your flight to make sure...........

It's on the website. People that bought tickets before the increase do
not pay the fee.
Old September 27th, 2008, 05:29 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Josh

On Sat, 27 Sep 2008 01:54:46 -0700, mrtravel wrote:

jessica_smith_nyc wrote:
I would call the airline before your flight to make sure...........

It's on the website. People that bought tickets before the increase do
not pay the fee.

It'd be a good idea to print that page from the website and bring it
to the airport along with your itinerary showing the date purchased,
just to be sure; gives something to point to if the agents claim
otherwise.

I had an issue with United at SFO this summer, with the check-in kiosk
trying to charge for a car seat, which they specifically state on
their website can be checked without charge. The "agent" on the phone
at the kiosk from lands afar didn't know that either and had no way to
override (her solution was for us to go wait in *another* long line at
the full service checkin desk). So we carried the seat through
security and gate checked it for free, to the condescension of the
gate agent who said I should have just paid up, which is silly since
he obviously didn't know the policies either. On the return trip we
had no issues.

Josh
Old September 27th, 2008, 10:00 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Pietro

Josh wrote in
:

On the return trip we had no issues.

Ah, yes, Fly the Surly Skies of United. An experience I had several
years ago with United that I never flew with them again. Even the
response to my letter indicated that they simply don't give a damn.

Old September 28th, 2008, 03:35 AM posted to rec.travel.air
DevilsPGD

In message mrtravel was claimed to
have wrote:

Jeff Hacker wrote:
yes

"Hoff 119N" wrote in message

Bought my tickets on USAir in June - at the time they didn't charge for
baggage - now they do - do I have to pay?? Thanks

The answer is "NO" as clearly indicated on the US Air website.
Why do you think the answer is "yes"?

Easier to post then to think?
Old September 28th, 2008, 06:44 AM posted to rec.travel.air
mrtravel[_2_]

DevilsPGD wrote:
In message mrtravel was claimed to
have wrote:

Jeff Hacker wrote:

yes

"Hoff 119N" wrote in message

Bought my tickets on USAir in June - at the time they didn't charge for
baggage - now they do - do I have to pay?? Thanks

The answer is "NO" as clearly indicated on the US Air website.
Why do you think the answer is "yes"?

Easier to post then to think?

I find it difficult to image why someone would even trust the newsgroup
for an answer when the airline clearly has the baggage policy on its
website, as should be expected.