Why is Princess pushing Personal Choice?

Old May 19th, 2004, 12:22 AM
Howie

Default Why is Princess pushing Personal Choice?

CupCaked wrote:

LOL!

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

It *is* a funny response.

Karen

Sunny is a delightfully sophisticated lady, who has led a life that
makes your own dull existence seem quite pitiful, Karen. Must be your
uncontrollable envy that causes you to repeatedly repost and agree with
all that troll trash.

Howie

Old May 19th, 2004, 01:41 AM
villa deauville

Howie
As I do not read Spudz's or ITT's posts I do not know what you responded
to.
But, whatever it was, thank you for your kind words

SUNNY...........Hopes to cruise with yourself and Eileen one day.

S'nd I
XXX

Old May 19th, 2004, 01:44 AM
Jeff Coudriet

Sue and Kevin Mullen wrote:
Eileen Garland wrote:
Lee wrote:

I just get real tired of going through the "what's your name, where
are you from, what do you do" routine at every meal. Not that I don't
like meeting other people, but there's something nice about returning
to familiar faces each evening, to share the happenings of the day,
move past the superficial conversations, etc. I eat some breakfasts
and lunches in the dining room, so I meet lots of people and go
through the process of those initial meetings plenty of times during a
cruise. For me (and my husband when he's cruising with me), seeing our
table mates each evening and getting to know them as the cruise
progresses is one of the things we really enjoy.

I feel precisely the same way.

GMTA.........ditto from me!!

sue

Me four!

Jeff

Old May 19th, 2004, 02:06 AM
Howie

villa deauville wrote:

Howie
As I do not read Spudz's or ITT's posts I do not know what you responded
to.
But, whatever it was, thank you for your kind words

SUNNY...........Hopes to cruise with yourself and Eileen one day.

S'nd I
XXX

Unless I screw up, you'll not see trash like that re-posted from me. Of
course there are MANY on this group who think everything that I post is
trash, lol.

Howie

Old May 19th, 2004, 05:38 AM
Cruising Chrissy

On Tue, 18 May 2004 19:22:44 -0400, Howie
wrote:

Sunset is a delightfully sophisticated lady, who has led a life that
makes your own dull existence seem quite pitiful, Karen. Must be your
uncontrollable envy that causes you to repeatedly repost and agree with
all that troll trash.

Howie

When you get through chasing coed skirts all day, is this what you do?

Btw, what exact medications is Eileen on to tame her desires to jump
off the Brooklyn Bridge?

Awesome weed?

Hey, Howie, you're "in" with the in crowd. What's tokin these days?
Jamaican ed? Mexican turu?

Do you sell Eileen's Valiums for grades?
Old May 19th, 2004, 02:54 PM
Lee

"Gregory C. Read" wrote in message ...
I understand how you all feel about the initial chit-chat. In reality
though, if you hit it off with people the first night, you can choose to eat
together every night.

But, when travelling solo (which is what we were discussing) it's kind
of awkward to attach yourself to another couple for meals, regardless
of how well you seem to get along. And, the couple would have to be
incredibly gracious to share meals with a 3rd wheel every night. I
would just feel weird about it. Much happier being seated at a large
table with other passengers - some solo travellers, some travelling
together. No guarantees you'll get along with all tablemates, but at a
large table, chances are you'll find someone who's comapny you enjoy.

On our first cruise with Personal Choice we
met a couple the first night at dinner and ate with them many other nights
except when our "choice" of which shows to see conflicted.

And the big word here is "we". Couples meeting and sharing a dinner
table all week is very, very different than a solo traveller doing the
same...unless you really enjoy being odd-person-out, night after
night.

If the forced timing and table mate match-up of traditional dining is to
your liking than so be it. But I and many others prefer the choice.

I'll try freestyle/personal choice when I cruise with my husband, and
see what it's all about. But, I'll stick with traditional when I'm
cruising by myself.

Lee
Old May 19th, 2004, 03:28 PM
Gregory C. Read

Lee,

I do agree that for the solo traveler it certainly would be awkward
attaching yourself to another couple. As a matter of fact, I have seen
instances where the solo traveler can be somewhat ignored by couples in
traditional dining. When I dined by myself most nights on one cruise on the
Grand Princess, I rather enjoyed meeting new people each night as a solo
rather than being with the same couples each night, since all (or most) of
the couples were in the same situation as I in meeting new people. Whereas
with the traditional dining the couples will have tended to gravitate toward
each other leaving you out (even if not deliberately). So in my case anyway,
I would still prefer Personal Choice as a solo. But I completely understand
why others would not.

--
Greg
lid

om...

Old May 19th, 2004, 06:53 PM
Lee

"Gregory C. Read" wrote in message ...
Whereas
with the traditional dining the couples will have tended to gravitate toward
each other leaving you out (even if not deliberately).

HAL did a great job with seating this past March on the Zuidy...my
first solo cruise. At my table for 8, there was me, another woman
travelling solo (but she was single) a mom and her two adult daughters
(mom and one daughter left husbands at home like me), a single
gentleman and one of the ship's nurses with her boyfriend. I can't
really imagine that a maitr'd would seat a passenger cruising solo at
a table with only couples. I guess it could happen, but it seems that
they pay pretty decent attention to stuff like that. If I had been
seated with all couples, it wouldn't nearly have been as much fun as
it was.

Lee
Old May 19th, 2004, 09:29 PM
Cruising Chrissy

On Tue, 18 May 2004 20:41:00 -0400, (villa
deauville) wrote:

As I do not read Spudz's or ITT's posts..

You lie like a dog.