Need information for nice places in Kuala Lumpur and Bangkok.

Old January 3rd, 2006, 10:28 AM posted to rec.travel.asia

Default Need information for nice places in Kuala Lumpur and Bangkok.

Dear Readers,

I want to spend 3 days in KUALA LUMPUR next August.
Which are the places I must see ? That is besides the shopping centres.

Which are the comfort and inexpensive hotels?
What are the things or the hotels to avoids?

Then I continue the trip to BANGKOK.
Which are the places I must see ? That is besides the shopping centres.

Which are the comfort and inexpensive hotels?
What are the things or the hotels to avoids?

It's an honor if you don't mind providing map for the nice places you
recommend.

Thanks.

Old January 4th, 2006, 02:57 AM posted to rec.travel.asia

In Bangkok do visit
1. The temple of Emeral Buddha + The Royal Palace. This will take you
a whole day.
2. Knock around Khow-San (spelling?) road at night. It is a
backpacker "heaven".

The best place to stay - if you can pay 30-40 US $ / day is the ROYAL
HOTEL. It is right next door to both attractions.

Old January 4th, 2006, 04:40 AM posted to rec.travel.asia

"Then I continue the trip to BANGKOK. Which are the places I must see?"

Grand Palace and the Temple of the Emerald Buddha, Wat Po and its
reclining Buddha, take a boat trip up a canal, the National Museum,
Chinatown, Pahurat, high tea at the Oriental Hotel, Thai boxing, and if
you have time left over, the Ayuthaya ruins and the Bridge on the River
Kwai.

"Which are the comfort and inexpensive hotels? What are the things or
the hotels to avoids?"

Try to stay in Banglamphu which has many cheap hotels and is near most
of the sights. If you are really on a low budget, stay in one of the
guesthouses in the Khao San Road for less than 10 USD per night.

Things to avoid - don't buy gemstones or jewelry unless you really know
what you're doing and can tell real ones from fake. If a tuk-tuk
(basically a golf cart taxi) offers to take you around the sights for a
very low price, don't go - he'll just take you to stores where he gets
a commission, and waste a lot of your time, and drop you off in the
middle of nowhere if you complain. Thai massage can be wonderful, but
make sure that the place you choose offers an actual massage and is not
a front for prostitution. And whatever you do, don't buy drugs in
Bangkok - the Thai government has become very strict and the tourist
areas are full of undercover police.

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/worldgui...20-400x300.gif

Old January 4th, 2006, 07:29 AM posted to rec.travel.asia

Kuala Lumpur,

Many locals speak english here, usually no problem if u ask for
directions.

what's your budget for hotel? try www.asia-hotels.com to book hotel at
Bukit Bintang. 5 star hotels in KL are very low priced compared to
neighbors. i Recommend capitol hotel, coronade hotel or Federal hotel.
very convenient in the heart of shopping/clubbing area. and there are
monorails.in Bukit Bintang, u can go to "Jalan Alor" for nice chinese
food. (Ask directions to "Wong Ah Wah"), its near radius or nova hotel
or something.

I definately suggest visiting Lake Gardens (Taman Tasik Perdana). Very
low visitor density. Beautiful parks, covered bird park, Islamic
Museum, National Mosque, Orchid Park, etc.. Then walking distance to
Clock Tower. Then nearby is Masjid India area, something like "little
india".interesting place for interesting items. get a leg massage
there, only US$5 for 30 minutes or so. From there u can take a train to
KLCC. less than 10 minutes. Also nearby is chinatown.Dont eat at
chinatown, though seemed vibrant, the food is not that good. If you
stay at bukit bintang, u can start with chinatown, its about 20minute
walk, or 5 minute taxi ride.

Farther away is Batu Caves. A Bit outskirts.u need to take cab.You can
read more about it on google.Very nice hindu site.

independence day is Aug 31st. see if it fits your schedule. Bring along
plenty of wipes. Its very hot and humid all year round.
Most ppl don't give tips or give just little tips.

Overall a hassle free place to visit. any problem u can contact me
anytime in KL :-)

Old January 4th, 2006, 08:12 AM posted to rec.travel.asia

Thanks for your info, if you have additional information please kindly
tell me by email.

regars

Alpinosta

Old January 4th, 2006, 08:17 AM posted to rec.travel.asia

Thanks for your information. if you have additional information please
kindly tell me.

best regards

Alpinosta

Old January 4th, 2006, 08:25 AM posted to rec.travel.asia

Dear Nick,

Thanks for your information. if you have additional information please
kindly tell me. thanks for offering to contact u, btw may I have your
mobile number please?

best regards

Alpinosta

Old January 5th, 2006, 06:20 AM posted to rec.travel.asia

60162470798 - Nick

Old January 6th, 2006, 04:09 PM posted to rec.travel.asia

See

http://www.SnapTheRoom.com/ for hotel pictures.

Sincerely,
Mr. Free Notes