Recommendations for London hotels and/or booking website

Old February 22nd, 2007, 06:24 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Mike[_15_]

Default Recommendations for London hotels and/or booking website

Visiting London for the first time. We are looking for London hotels for
under $150 or a good booking website.

cybevasion worked great for finding and booking a Paris hotel. Is there a
London equivalent?

Thanks,
Mike

Old February 22nd, 2007, 08:43 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
irwell

On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 18:24:24 GMT, Mike wrote:

Visiting London for the first time. We are looking for London hotels for
under $150 or a good booking website.

cybevasion worked great for finding and booking a Paris hotel. Is there a
London equivalent?

Thanks,
Mike

Octopus travel is great site for what you want.
They get good rates too.
http://www.octopustravel.com/
Old February 22nd, 2007, 08:50 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

In article ,

*From:* Mike
*Date:* Thu, 22 Feb 2007 18:24:24 GMT

Visiting London for the first time. We are looking for London hotels
for
under $150 or a good booking website.

cybevasion worked great for finding and booking a Paris hotel. Is
there a
London equivalent?

Try
www.lastminute.com or www.laterooms.com.

If you want to be /right/ in the heart of the West End, good bargains
include the St. Giles Hotel and the Covent Garden Travelodge.
Old February 23rd, 2007, 01:22 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
John H

Lots of boutique hotels around Paddington and Hyde park, just google for
Accommodation Hyde Park Paddington and see the large numbver of hits.
Lots are around the £70 to £75 ($135 USD - $145 USD) per room per night
including continental or full breakfast.
London boutique hotel rooms are fairly small, with ensuite but if you are
site-seeing then you only "flop down" after dark to sleep anyway.

A couple I have used a

Westpoint hotel Sussex Gardens
http://www.westpointhotel.com/westpoint/index.shtml

Good continental breakfast and you can make your bread roll to take for
lunch as well from breakfast stuff.
and
Royal Norfolk Hotel Norfolk Gardens
http://www.royalnorfolkhotel.co.uk/

London St Paddington.
Literally 100's more around that area
Both near Paddington tube stations and lots of eateries etc.from fast food,
pubs and restaurants
Transport is excellent in that area to all parts of London
5 tube lines and country trains and Heathrow express depart from paddington
station.

regards
John H

news

Old February 23rd, 2007, 03:37 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Alan S[_1_]

wrote:

Visiting London for the first time. We are looking for London hotels for
under $150 or a good booking website.

cybevasion worked great for finding and booking a Paris hotel. Is there a
London equivalent?

Thanks,
Mike

www.priceline.co.uk
Cheers, Alan, Australia
--
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com/
latest: Epidaurus
Old February 23rd, 2007, 03:58 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jean O'Boyle

You might try looking into this one...A group of us is staying there in
April and it is very near Victoria Station.

http://www.comfortinnbuckinghampalacerd.co.uk/

--Jean

Old February 23rd, 2007, 05:43 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
AmSam

On Feb 23, 12:24 am, Mike wrote:
VisitingLondonfor the first time. We are looking forLondonhotelsfor
under $150 or a good booking website.

cybevasion worked great for finding and booking a Paris hotel. Is there aLondonequivalent?

Thanks,
Mike

Check this one out!!

http://roomsnet.com/london_hotels/