Where to meet Japanese women?

Old December 25th, 2003, 05:45 AM
ifignow

Default Where to meet Japanese women?

I am stuck in Tokyo until mid-January and I was wondering where I could meet
Japanese women, not for sex. I do not drink.

Old December 25th, 2003, 05:55 AM
John Llort

"ifignow" wrote in message
I am stuck in Tokyo until mid-January and I was wondering where I could

meet
Japanese women, not for sex. I do not drink.

Roppongi.

Old December 25th, 2003, 09:38 AM
ifignow

"John Llort" wrote in message

"ifignow" wrote in message
I am stuck in Tokyo until mid-January and I was wondering where I could

meet
Japanese women, not for sex. I do not drink.

Roppongi.

I was told that so I went there last night, but

1. I only saw about 10 Westerners
2. The streets were full of prostitutes and scammers trying to get you into
shady nightclubs
3. The few Westerners I spoke to said that Roppongi is the wrong place to
meet women, especially if I don't drink, and I'm not interested in sex.

Old December 25th, 2003, 11:18 AM
Chris Blunt

On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 09:38:41 GMT, "ifignow" wrote:

"John Llort" wrote in message

"ifignow" wrote in message
I am stuck in Tokyo until mid-January and I was wondering where I could

meet
Japanese women, not for sex. I do not drink.

Roppongi.

I was told that so I went there last night, but

1. I only saw about 10 Westerners
2. The streets were full of prostitutes and scammers trying to get you into
shady nightclubs
3. The few Westerners I spoke to said that Roppongi is the wrong place to
meet women, especially if I don't drink, and I'm not interested in sex.

I wouldn't worry too much about your lack of interest in sex affecting
your ability to meet Japanese girls. During my visits to Tokyo, most
of the Japanese girls I met never gave any hint that was what they
were looking for. :-)

Old December 25th, 2003, 04:55 PM
Gerry

In article
, ifignow
wrote:

I am stuck in Tokyo until mid-January and I was wondering where I
could meet Japanese women, not for sex. I do not drink.

The same as anywhere else in the world. Go where women go to meet men.
Go to the places where the kind of women you are looking for hang out.
Are you young? Go where young women go. Do you want to meet "arty"
women? Go to "arty" places.

You indicated that Roppongi was unsuitable because you only saw about
10 westerners. Were you looking for westerners or Japanese women? If
you want to hang with ex-pats and Japanese women related to them, you
need to hang in the ex-pat places.

And you mention repeatedly that you don't drink. Clearly bars are a
mainstay of socializing. You can go to any bar you like and not drink,
as long as you're spending money with the rest of us. If in fact you
are a recovering alcoholic and that's why you don't drink, and
specifically want to avoid situations in which alcohol is consumed,
that's another set of issues.

Get the local English-language rags at the local newstands and go to
the places they suggest as good or interesting or whatever. There you
will find among the ex-pats, Japanese women that are working on their
English, and so go to such places for that purpose.

I've always found that taking a class or two in a local university,
adult-school, or free-school situation, in subjects that are of
interest, has ALWAYS led me to meet people with similar interests. And
the best way of all to meet women is through "friends who have
friends". I use to sidle up to couples particularly since they all
have 3 or 4 single girlfriends they are trying to "help out". Of course
you have to appeal to the couple to make it past this hurtle: being
social, witty, attentive. I avoided going out with women from the class
proper until the class was over--otherwise when date goes south, I have
to abandon the class.

Well anyway my methodology worked too well. I'm married. The
friends-who-had-friends were in a book group. They introduced me to my
wife.

--
First they gerrymander us into one-party fiefs. Then they tell us they only
care about the swing districts. Then they complain about voter apathy.
Old December 25th, 2003, 05:22 PM
ifignow

"Gerry" wrote in message
.. .
The same as anywhere else in the world. Go where women go to meet men.

So, where are these universal places where "women go to meet men"? I
haven't heard of any such places.

Are you young? Go where young women go. Do you want to meet "arty"
women? Go to "arty" places.

Where exactly are these places?

You indicated that Roppongi was unsuitable because you only saw about
10 westerners. Were you looking for westerners or Japanese women? If
you want to hang with ex-pats and Japanese women related to them, you
need to hang in the ex-pat places.

Again, where exactly are these places?

And you mention repeatedly that you don't drink. Clearly bars are a
mainstay of socializing.

Why do you think it is? I've done fine without ever going to a bar in the
USA, and I feel I shouldn't have to lower my standards.

Get the local English-language rags at the local newstands and go to
the places they suggest as good or interesting or whatever.

I've already looked at those, but haven't found anything.

I've always found that taking a class or two in a local university,
adult-school, or free-school situation, in subjects that are of
interest, has ALWAYS led me to meet people with similar interests.

As I stated before, I'm only here until January 13th.

Well anyway my methodology worked too well. I'm married. The
friends-who-had-friends were in a book group. They introduced me to my
wife.

Sounds like you've lost your edge -- you sound like a typical married person
full of his hollow, self-righteous advice.

Old December 25th, 2003, 07:05 PM
ifignow

"Ernst K. Locker" wrote in message
"ifignow" wrote:
Sounds like you've lost your edge -- you sound like a typical married

person
full of his hollow, self-righteous advice.

And you sound like a right moron, pity on the women who happen to spend

time
with you.

Surprise me with something useful.

Old December 25th, 2003, 10:55 PM
John L

You come across as someone who already has the company they deserve
:-)

John L.

Old December 25th, 2003, 11:43 PM
Edwardseco

In article , Gerry
writes:

Well anyway my methodology worked too well. I'm married.

Sage advice on the topic on a challenging issue. Tragedy strikes us all.
edwardseco
Old December 26th, 2003, 07:02 AM
Gerry

In article
, ifignow
wrote:

The same as anywhere else in the world. Go where women go to meet men.

So, where are these universal places where "women go to meet men"? I
haven't heard of any such places.

I didn't say they were universal. In fact there different everywhere.
Find out where that is and go there. I use to like those articles in
women's magazines called "Where to Meet Men". I'd go wherever they
said we were.

Are you young? Go where young women go. Do you want to meet "arty"
women? Go to "arty" places.

Where exactly are these places?

Get a brain. Use it.

You indicated that Roppongi was unsuitable because you only saw about
10 westerners. Were you looking for westerners or Japanese women? If
you want to hang with ex-pats and Japanese women related to them, you
need to hang in the ex-pat places.

Again, where exactly are these places?

Buy all the magazines, periodicals and websites related to ex-pats.
Scan them.

And you mention repeatedly that you don't drink. Clearly bars are a
mainstay of socializing.

Why do you think it is? I've done fine without ever going to a bar in the
USA, and I feel I shouldn't have to lower my standards.

Then just cluck your tongue at all the stupid people and turn on the
television. Facts are facts. Booze makes people relax. That allows
them to socialize with more ease. If you don't like that, spank them
all.

Get the local English-language rags at the local newstands and go to
the places they suggest as good or interesting or whatever.

I've already looked at those, but haven't found anything.

Okie doke. I think you've done all that can be done.

I've always found that taking a class or two in a local university,
adult-school, or free-school situation, in subjects that are of
interest, has ALWAYS led me to meet people with similar interests.

As I stated before, I'm only here until January 13th.

You can still get a class or seminar in all manner of topics if you
take a few minutes to stop posting "it can't be done" here.

Well anyway my methodology worked too well. I'm married. The
friends-who-had-friends were in a book group. They introduced me to my
wife.

Sounds like you've lost your edge -- you sound like a typical married person
full of his hollow, self-righteous advice.

You're very welcome indeed. You sound very sad and angry. If I were
you, I'd start drinking. And hard.