inverness airport - can you get there from here?

Old October 17th, 2006, 09:46 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default inverness airport - can you get there from here?

Ian F. wrote:

"Martin" wrote in message
news
The best place to look is always the airport's website.

That *is* the airport's website.

Sigh No it isn't. It's the parent site for Highland and Islands
Airports Limited.

If you click on the _link_ to Inverness airport, information about
flights to Dublin are on that page.

--
David Horne- http://www.davidhorne.net
http://www.davidhorne.net/pictures.html http://soundjunction.org
Old October 17th, 2006, 09:48 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

Martin schreef:

Dublin is outside UK, who knows what will be added by next year?
I never thought that there would be a direct from A'dam to Blackpool,
but there is.

From kibbeling to candyfloss.

Lekker!

Old October 17th, 2006, 09:52 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
JohnT[_1_]

"Martin" wrote in message
On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 23:02:16 +0100, "JohnT"
wrote:

"l'Al Cool" wrote in message
groups.com...
Next year we will be staying in carrbridge, near aviemore. It looks
like inverness is the closest airport, but I can't figure out if I can
fly to other destinations in Europe from inverness...

So, if any one knows if I can fly from say amsterdam, prague etc I
would like to know which airlines fly to/from inverness...

Otherwise, I guess I will have to look at returning to edinbugh or
glasgow and driving (or taking a train etc) the rest of the way..

There are no direct flights to/from destinations outside the UK but you
can,
of course, connect via London to any destination worldwide.

Dublin is outside UK, who knows what will be added by next year?
I never thought that there would be a direct from A'dam to Blackpool,
but there is.

I stand corrected in that Dublin is outside the UK, but I think that it is
still usually regarded as a "domestic" flight.

JohnT

Old October 17th, 2006, 09:55 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Ian F.

"David Horne, _the_ chancellor of the royal duchy of city south and
deansgate" wrote in message
news:1hncj2e.gdjjmrxasbutN%this_address_is_for_spa ...

If you click on the _link_ to Inverness airport, information about
flights to Dublin are on that page.

OK, I've found it, but Dublin still doesn't feature in the drop-down list.
Maybe the flights have only just started.

Ian

Old October 17th, 2006, 09:56 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

wrote:

"l'Al Cool" wrote in message
[...]

Fine, but there are direct charter flights outside the British Isles
too- admittedly probably not of much use to the OP. It's all on the
website...

Old October 17th, 2006, 11:28 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
JohnT[_1_]

"Martin" wrote in message
On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 09:52:31 +0100, "JohnT"
wrote:

"Martin" wrote in message
. ..
On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 23:02:16 +0100, "JohnT"
wrote:

"l'Al Cool" wrote in message
legroups.com...
[...]

Then GCSE geography does suck!

You don't need a Passport to travel between the UK and the Republic of
Ireland.

JohnT

Old October 17th, 2006, 02:00 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Neil Williams

Martin wrote:

Dublin is outside UK, who knows what will be added by next year?
I never thought that there would be a direct from A'dam to Blackpool,
but there is.

For some reason I can see the connection

Not FR is it?

Neil

Old October 17th, 2006, 06:16 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Patrick Wallace

See:

http://www.hial.co.uk/Timetable

On 16 Oct 2006 14:56:51 -0700, "l'Al Cool"
wrote:

Next year we will be staying in carrbridge, near aviemore. It looks
like inverness is the closest airport, but I can't figure out if I can
fly to other destinations in Europe from inverness...

So, if any one knows if I can fly from say amsterdam, prague etc I
would like to know which airlines fly to/from inverness...

Otherwise, I guess I will have to look at returning to edinbugh or
glasgow and driving (or taking a train etc) the rest of the way..

thanks

Old October 17th, 2006, 10:17 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
JohnT[_1_]

"Martin" wrote in message
On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 11:28:36 +0100, "JohnT"
wrote:

"Martin" wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 09:52:31 +0100, "JohnT"
wrote:

"Martin" wrote in message
m...
On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 23:02:16 +0100, "JohnT"
wrote:

"l'Al Cool" wrote in message
oglegroups.com...
[...]

Nor within Schengen.

But as neither Ireland nor the UK are within Schengen it really isn't
relevant. Or, as Mixi would say, "So".

JohnT

Old October 18th, 2006, 02:03 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
l'Al Cool

Default inverness airport - OP - not a troll!

Martin wrote:
and as I said earlier the OP was a troll.
--

Martin

Hey, this is the OP. my original question was most definitely not a
troll. When I looked at the inverness airport website located at
http://www.hial.co.uk/inverness-airport.html, I could not find any
flights to/from Europe. The reason I posted here was because I wanted
to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

Thanks everyone for the various other links and information, when we go
to the highlands next year it looks like we will need to fly thru
london, if we plan on hitting up amsterdam.

Have a nice day!