Age Problems With Booking a Holiday

Old September 12th, 2003, 06:47 AM
XOR

Default Age Problems With Booking a Holiday

"nightjar" nightjar@insert my surname here.uk.com wrote in message ...
"Kevin" wrote in message
om...
I went to this great resort in Mexico with my family but believe I
have a problem. I love the hotel and want to revisit but my family
never go to the same place twice. I found the staff to be great and
the activities to be first class so I would like to go back in the
next six months and see them all as well as the beautiful scenery of
Mexico.

When I was around your age and wanted to go back somewhere, it usually
involved a pretty girl.

Does that ever change with age? Seems to be the same story for 95% of
the single male travellers I've met, from 18 to 75.

for the OP - do you need to book thru an agent? Can you book with the
resort directly? I travelled from the US to Europe on my own at 17 and
it was no problem, but I stayed in youth hostels rather than resorts.
So the travel part is not likely a problem, but I can see where a
booking company might have a problem.
Old September 12th, 2003, 08:14 AM
nightjar

om...

"Kevin" wrote in message
om...
I went to this great resort in Mexico with my family but believe I
have a problem. I love the hotel and want to revisit but my family
never go to the same place twice. I found the staff to be great and
the activities to be first class so I would like to go back in the
next six months and see them all as well as the beautiful scenery of
Mexico.

When I was around your age and wanted to go back somewhere, it usually
involved a pretty girl.

Does that ever change with age? Seems to be the same story for 95% of
the single male travellers I've met, from 18 to 75.

It is my status that has changed with age. I've not been a single traveller
for the past 30 years although I think I gave up expecting holiday romances
to survive the end of the holiday well before that.

for the OP - do you need to book thru an agent? Can you book with the
resort directly? I travelled from the US to Europe on my own at 17 and
it was no problem, but I stayed in youth hostels rather than resorts.
So the travel part is not likely a problem, but I can see where a
booking company might have a problem.

I'm not sure when this might have changed though. I celebrated my 17th
birthday with a package holiday trip to Spain, at a time when the age of
majority was 21 and you still got stamps in your passport for crossing
European borders.

Colin Bignell

Old September 13th, 2003, 05:39 PM
XOR

"nightjar" nightjar@insert my surname here.uk.com wrote in message ...
"XOR" wrote in message
om...
for the OP - do you need to book thru an agent? Can you book with the
resort directly? I travelled from the US to Europe on my own at 17 and
it was no problem, but I stayed in youth hostels rather than resorts.
So the travel part is not likely a problem, but I can see where a
booking company might have a problem.

I'm not sure when this might have changed though. I celebrated my 17th
birthday with a package holiday trip to Spain, at a time when the age of
majority was 21 and you still got stamps in your passport for crossing
European borders.

heh, well was going to say I am not *that* old, but then, I also got
stamps in my passport for crossing borders (tho not all, IIRC). That
was in 1987 (and by 1992, even fewer). I've never done package
holidays tho, so no clue on that.